X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by fncyths View Post

this is perfect! this is news to me also. are most women's lipsticks fragranced?

funny you should mention schiaparelli. I've gifted her a few vintage pieces from her. right on point!

she's actually new to the makeup game (sounds like she's 14, she just turned 30) so it's a fun new adventure. just focusing on the eyes and lips and leaving the rest au naturale.
    essentially how I like it
    Glad you like. I don't wear it too often, but when I do, it tends to steal the show.

So wonderful that you gift her with vintage pieces. I bet she loves that. Much of gift-giving today centers around the latest "it" thing. I guess I'm a little old-fashioned; I like the thrill of the hunt. The rare and the special.
    sain't

Comment

• severin
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

Essentially how I like it:
      the lipstick is indeed extraordinary (i love NARS matte lipsticks !!) but her SKIN is OUT OF THIS WORLD.
      i just need to acknowledge that.

i've become particularly obsessed with skincare lately. so much so to initiate a possible career change. (yikes)

current product obsession is the caudalĂ­e beauty elixir. i spritz a bit after cleansing in the morning, before moisturizer. it smells divine too but not overpowering.

edit: DANE won't approve because it has peppermint oil !
      but god i love it.
      Last edited by severin; 05-22-2014, 08:22 PM. Reason: i can spell
      take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by severin View Post
        the lipstick is indeed extraordinary (i love NARS matte lipsticks !!) but her SKIN is OUT OF THIS WORLD.
        i just need to acknowledge that.
        It's out of focus, is what it is. I'm not saying she's a pizza face, I'm just saying almost anyone's skin, provided it's in decent condition, would also look incredible if photographed that way

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

edit: DANE won't approve because it has peppermint oil !but got i love it.
          right you are! but hey...if you like it and it doesn't bother you, enjoy!

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
          are most women's lipsticks fragranced?
          everything is fragranced.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jap808
            • Dec 2012

current product obsession is the caudalĂ­e beauty elixir. i spritz a bit after cleansing in the morning, before moisturizer. it smells divine too but not overpowering.
            Caudalie has really some of the best products around, aside from having developed a very strong (and nice, imho) brand image
            The beauty elixir is one of their "cult" products: suitable for men too! Other favorite includes jambe divines (not suitable for hairy men's leg) and huile divine...

They also have a good e-commerce
            CAUDALIE - Paraben-free skincare, with active ingredients from the vine, creator of Vinotherapy. Discover the full Face & Body collection on our official website.

Comment

• Verdandi
              • Mar 2012

This is not exactley skincare related but close enough:
              Does anyone here have experience with getting hair back to its natural colour? I have been dyeing my hair espresso brown for more than a decade, but I am sick of dyeing my roots every couple of weeks.
              My natural haircolour is on the lighter side of blonde and my hair is currently down to my waist. I know that stripping it off the dye will probably cost me a couple of inches and that's fine, but I am confused by what way would be the best to do this? The salon I get my hair microtrimmed at won't do it and at another salon they told me they would have to bleach it back, which doesn't sound right to me.
              Last edited by Verdandi; 10-23-2014, 01:05 PM. Reason: dying and dyeing - English is hard
              lavender menace

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                This is not exactley skincare related but close enough:
                Does anyone here have experience with getting hair back to its natural colour? I have been dying my hair espresso brown for more than a decade, but I am sick of dying my roots every couple of weeks.
                My natural haircolour is on the lighter side of blonde and my hair is currently down to my waist. I know that stripping it off the dye will probably cost me a couple of inches and that's fine, but I am confused by what way would be the best to do this? The salon I get my hair microtrimmed at won't do it and at another salon they told me they would have to bleach it back, which doesn't sound right to me.

A couple of years ago I went from black to my natural brown. I'm still trying to get my ends to match my roots (they lightened the ends too much), so make sure you have sufficient regrowth to colour match. I remember something about the possibility of using a colour stripper or lightener that isn't as strong as bleach.

Either way, get the salon to lighten your hair over a few visits. It's more expensive but worth it to avoid excessive damage to your hair.

Comment

• LelandJ
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2014

Verdandi,

Why would you think your hair's not dyed permanently? You could cut it all off and start fresh, or wait till your natural roots are at least an inch if you don't want to look bald for a couple weeks.

Comment

• Verdandi
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by GlassOrganelle View Post
                    A couple of years ago I went from black to my natural brown. I'm still trying to get my ends to match my roots (they lightened the ends too much), so make sure you have sufficient regrowth to colour match. I remember something about the possibility of using a colour stripper or lightener that isn't as strong as bleach.

Either way, get the salon to lighten your hair over a few visits. It's more expensive but worth it to avoid excessive damage to your hair.
                    Thank you for the information! I went to a third salon today (someone at Pilates recommended them to me) and we agreed upon lightening it over a few sessions and then continue to add highlights with every subsequent visit. They told me it may take well over a year, because my natural haircolur is so light and they also recommended to grow my hair out at least an inch.

LelandJ: I know that my hair is permanently dyed, but like I wrote above there are methods to dye it back. We'll see how much hair I'll have to sacrifice in the process. Cutting it all off is not an option simply because I do not want short hair.
                    lavender menace

Comment

• prenouveau
                      • Aug 2012

I once went from very dark brown to a lighter one that blended with my red roots--the hair stylist mixed bleach with conditioner a couple times over the course of a month and left it on for a shortish time, like 20 minutes. My hair was also pretty short at that time though, not sure how it would work on longer hair.

Comment

• Graeth
                        • Jan 2013

Has anyone got a good facial mousturiser that they would recommend? I currently use argan oil, but I recently bought some zinc oxide powder which I want to add to moisturiser to make a low spf day sunscreen (bit weird I know) and argan oil doesn't work with it. The argan is also a bit oily for day use.
                        I noticed a lot of people were praising Aesop, so I'll have a look at that, but are there any other brands that are particularly loved?
                        Last edited by Graeth; 05-18-2016, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Khiel's Facial Fuel works for me. They also have an SPF15 version that I regularly use in the summer.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Graeth
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Khiel's Facial Fuel works for me. They also have an SPF15 version that I regularly use in the summer.
                            Just had a look on the website, I see that its a men's product, but looks like it would be a good one to try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Ah, sorry. I imagine they have a women's counterpart, though I don't exactly know what the difference would be. Seems like a lot of the devision in skincare, like in fragrances, between men's and women's is artificial (good for the bottom line).
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Graeth
                                • Jan 2013

Yeah, I've worn men's fragrance before and don't see why there should be a distinction- same with a lot of skincare.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎