X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

does anyone change their skincare routine from winter vs. summer?
    the one i mentioned above is my winter docket. in the spring and summer, when i am outside more often, i use the retin a at night with elemis moisturizer (i love the smell so much, and its all about that for me) but during the day i use oil of olay prox lotion with spf 30.

i wont ever wear a product or use a shampoo that i dont like the smell of. scent is 99% of the experience for me and i will pay for it if i have too.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

We have pretty drastic seasons here in Toronto, so I switch from a toner in summer to a moisturizer in winter (I have oily skin). I also switch body wash in winter to something more moisturizing (Aveeno, etc.). In summer I use whatever...my body-skin is fairly resistant.

Speaking of which...my routine:

a.m.
      -Clinique Wash-away Gel Cleanser
      -Paula's Choice 2% BHA toner -or- 2% BHA body moisturizer
      -Paula's Choice Mattifying Serum
      -Neutrogena SPF45 Liquid Sunscreen

p.m.
      -same cleanser
      -Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner
      -Retin-A .25% Cream
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Aside from eight hours of restful sleep, is there any cure for my heroin chic/Uncle Fester/domestic abuse eye bags?

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
          Aside from eight hours of restful sleep, is there any cure for my heroin chic/Uncle Fester/domestic abuse eye bags?
          Injected fillers. Everything else is a crock. What makes them purple is blood...cream can't make blood go away, only cosmetic procedures.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Pass. I like sleeping anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              Sleep, oxygen... if they are black circles around your eyes, try cover them up with Dermablend, that shit covers even tattoos. I use it daily on mine (I look like a vampire without). For puffyness/eye bags you can try the old fashioned cucumber or tea bag treatment once in awhile.. but if you want a pretty good and fresh feeling eye cream, try Vichy's ice stick. It at least feels really good and it seems to work for me on, ahem, heavy mornings.

Comment

• theseasonofmist
                • Feb 2011

I have a fairly simple routine these days, as I rarely wear much make-up during the week.
                I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, then Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist. My moisturiser is Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré. Once every few weeks I have a mud mask: I have been using Ahava Advanced Mud Masque for the last five years, really recommend it.

In terms of make-up, if any, I wear: Estee Lauder Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturiser or Chanel Pro Lumiere (both have SPF 15). I tend to use eye-lash curlers every day - Shu Uemura. My mascaras are either Chanel or YSL Faux Cils (not clumpy, great effect). Favourite everyday lipstick is Chanel Rouge Coco in "Mademoiselle".

In the summer I use Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream (SPF 50).
                Last edited by theseasonofmist; 01-19-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

dane, i dose at .5%
                  what is Paula's Choice Mattifying Serum? i assume its a base to keep away shine... didnt realize a serum can do that.

flux, i have the same tub of dermablend from eons ago, it is TRULY the best cover up out there, but do you find it drying at all? i have found that under my eyes it dries to peeling levels so i only use it for blemishes. the added bonus is it will get rid of a blemish overnight. love the stuff for that reason alone.

i use bobbi brown under eye corrector and concealer on occasion. i have heard good things about laura mercier too, but it creased on my skin.

cetaphil is another great product. thanks seasonofmist, i forgot about that staple.

Comment

• severin
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    things like lavender and peppermint are far too common in skincare and only do harm.
                    how so ?
                    while they don't go near my face i gravitate toward both when it comes to bath / shower soaps and indulgences ......
                    take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

dane, you can take this and give more insight... but i would have to say that the suns harmful rays, while not as strong as in the warmer months, are still seeping through the atmosphere even though the air is colder. yes, the sun is farther away in winter, but especially with a thinner ozone, its more important to protect the epidermis.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by rider View Post
                        dane, i dose at .5%
                        what is Paula's Choice Mattifying Serum? i assume its a base to keep away shine... didnt realize a serum can do that.

cetaphil is another great product. thanks seasonofmist, i forgot about that staple.
                        It just has some silica or some absorbent in it...doesn't do anything magical (try Makeup Forever's HD powder for that).

Originally posted by severin View Post
                        how so ?
                        while they don't go near my face i gravitate toward both when it comes to bath / shower soaps and indulgences ......
                        This explains it better than I can. Gives the good & bad...it's just that the bad outweighs the good.

Originally posted by rilu
                        Can somebody give some info on why sunscreens are important throughout the year, when there is hardly any exposure to the sun? I see so many of you have written you use these daily, while I tend to care about the sunscreen only when I go on holidays and plan on sitting outside whole day long. I just looked a bit online and I see there are studies showing sunscreen to be an efficacious component in anti-aging creams, but I am just wondering what precisely is the effect of sun on the skin during the winter cloudy days. I've just looked for studies about these effects because I am curious about the issue, but I can't find any.
                        Sun exposure and UV exposure are two differnt things...even when indoors, when it's cloudy, and in winter there are harmful UV rays causing damage to your skin. UVA is what causes sun damage (wrinkles, cancer, etc.), UVB is what gives you a sunburn. UVA damage is considered to be the primary cause of all skin damage.

Here's a brief (and probably better than mine) explanation...lots of good info on this site:

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

for me it's more of a "just in case", since I can get a sunburn on my nose after half an hour of exposue to mild sunshine. being super pale sucks.

Comment

• Johngd
                            • Feb 2009

Two peaople are born with exactly the same skin (normal skin). At the age of 18, one is starting to use skin products everyday and the other one only use water for cleaning.
                            Which one end up having the best looking skin at the age of 70?

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Johngd View Post
                              Two peaople are born with exactly the same skin (normal skin). At the age of 18, one is starting to use skin products everyday and the other one only use water for cleaning.
                              Which one end up having the best looking skin at the age of 70?
                              The one who stays out of the sun.

Comment

• Johngd
                                • Feb 2009

If both stays out of the sun?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡