Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

Interesting, I might check it out... Dunno how easily it is to get in France tho. How long does it take for the skin to adapt?

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

It would be by prescription, so ask your doctor/dermatologist.

At least a month. Varies depending on your skin resiliency, and if you follow the directions properly. There are lots of tips online for minimizing side effects.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

I've been using the Serge Lutens mascara for a few weeks now, and it is the best decision I ever made. It doesn't smudge, ever, even when hiking and/or otherwise exercising. The only thing that bothers me is that I really have to layer it on to achieve the desired effect, so it takes me a little longer to get made up in the morning. But aside from this little drawback it's great! I can even rub my eyes and it stays put. next test is swimming with it...

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

^ i know, its the mascara you search your entire life for. they all promise but this one really delivers...

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

almost makes me want to start wearing mascara.

have any of you tried eyelash extensions? my bestie has them (mink I think?) and they look incredible...very natural, but very noticeable. Obviously you can wear mascara anymore.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Never heard of that before. What's the process like, do you know?

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

As far as I know, they're glued to your existing lashes, so they eventually grow out and fall off. They last about 3 months though I think. I could be wrong on all this.

You can also get a non-mink, much less expensive style too.

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

I'm in the beauty biz and I have to say that the eyelash extensions has been quite the rage with my clientele and it looks amazing. Be prepared for monthly visits for "fill in" appointments that should be slightly less than what you spend on your initial visit. It does take time (an hour?) but the drama is worth it.
                  Originally posted by DRRRK
                  The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

hmmm I'm going to look for pics

edit: pics creeped me out big time. I don't think this is for me... I invariably think before looks better than after (unless it's for a fashion shoot or music video)

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

that's a pretty extreme example...most look much more subtle, and I'm sure you can choose the extensions they apply, so you could pick something not too crazy.

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

Here I come again with a makeup question.
                        I'm very intrigued by BB creams. Are they really that great? Anyone has experience with them? info on the science behind it? brand recommendations?

I like the idea of having just one cream, instead of sunscreen + foundation

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

BB is just a marketing term for tinted moisturizer...most have added iridescence to deflect flaws. Not saying there's anything wrong with them, but there also isn't anything revolutionary about them either.

Comment

• Castor
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                            Here I come again with a makeup question.
                            I'm very intrigued by BB creams. Are they really that great? Anyone has experience with them? info on the science behind it? brand recommendations?

I like the idea of having just one cream, instead of sunscreen + foundation
                            They feel more like foundation with moisturizer. I think it would be difficult to get adequate moisture without putting on too much color. I think there is a reason those two products were separate to begin with, but I do believe in moisturizer with built in sunscreen.
                            Originally posted by DRRRK
                            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Verdandi
                              • Mar 2012

After having read all the rave reviews avout the Serge Lutens foundation powder I think I'll give it a try, but can someone help me with selecting the right colour? I would have to order online since there is no place that sells the Make Up line anywhere near me and I currently don't have the time for a trip to Berlin or Paris.

The one time I was at a MAC counter the salesperson told me I was a NW 15. I am ghostly pale without any yellow undertones. I would be really grateful if someone could offer advice.

Also, are the eyeshadows as good as everyone says? I didn't care much for the colours that were in the first palette but he has a new one out and those are the colours I wear on a regular basis. I am a bit baffled that they include these cheap sponge applicators.
                              Last edited by Verdandi; 05-15-2013, 02:08 PM.
                              lavender menace

Comment

• rider
                                eyes of the world
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                                After having read all the rave reviews avout the Serge Lutens foundation powder I think I'll give it a try, but can someone help me with selecting the right colour? I would have to order online since there is no place that sells the Make Up line anywhere near me and I currently don't have the time for a trip to Berlin or Paris.

The one time I was at a MAC counter the salesperson told me I was a NW 15. I am ghostly pale without any yellow undertones. I would be really grateful if someone could offer advice.

Also, are the eyeshadows as good as everyone says? I didn't care much for the colours that were in the first palette but he has a new one out and those are the colours I wear on a regular basis. I am a bit baffled that they include these cheap sponge applicators.
                                I can't recommend the eyeshadows beause I never tried them, I use Kevin Aucion, but the foundation powder I feel comfortable commenting on...def worth the trouble of finding the right color for your skin. Since you understand the difference between warm and cold tones why not call Bryce at Barney's and give him a try, I did and based on a phone call he matched me perfectly. Also, give the comb mascara a try, you won't be sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎