• interest1
    • Nov 2008

but, seriously..
    sain't

Comment

• kobito
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      almost makes me want to start wearing mascara.

have any of you tried eyelash extensions? my bestie has them (mink I think?) and they look incredible...very natural, but very noticeable. Obviously you can wear mascara anymore.
      gals! i had eyelash extensions and it was terrible!!!
      i had it in Seoul last Dec, yes it looks nicer and make you looks more charming / lovely..... basically you don't need to apply any mascara and you are good to go.
      HOWEVER!! it's really painful. you can actually feel the tension.. and it falls easily.... it also harm the real eyelashes too! i felt so bad to see those real one fall off........ and you gotta b very careful when you wash face...or rub your eyes.....
      so i removed them like after 2 weeks or so!!! and i'll never do it again even it's free :(

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

^ And from what I hear, you're lucky if they don't tear your own lashes out when you remove them. Apparently, they're rather addictive, so with each repeat application, your own become more brittle. Considering how slowly eyelashes grow, I consider them a bad risk.

An alternative: Latisse. It's an actual lash-growing liquid that you brush on your lash line morning and night. A good friend of mine is a medical aesthetician and gave me a bottle of it to try a couple of years ago. You know, like giving crack to an innocent.

The bottle is tiny, the stuff isn't cheap (clinical trial testing ain't cheap), but it does work. So well for some people that it looks like they've got fluffy spiders resting on their eyelids.
        It takes 6-8 weeks to reach full effect and you do need to have patience. No quick fix here. After your lashes grow the most that they'll grow, you can maintain your result by applying once a week. Therein lies the sell. Bu then, what beauty-enhancing product isn't guilty of the same M-O?

In the US it's available by prescription, but you don't need to go to a pharmacy for it as it is available at most reputable medical-grade spas.

I never did get 'tarantula lashes' with it (dammit), but I was pleasantly surprised at the results. Not having an expectation going in certainly helped.

sain't

Comment

• kobito
          • Jan 2013

I think i paid someone to remove for me..
          anyways i would like to get one to try when i hit US next time
          is that any chance i can get it at Shopper's?
          thxxxx for ur info

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
          ^ And from what I hear, you're lucky if they don't tear your own lashes out when you remove them. Apparently, they're rather addictive, so with each repeat application, your own become more brittle. Considering how slowly eyelashes grow, I consider them a bad risk.

An alternative: Latisse. It's an actual lash-growing liquid that you brush on your lash line morning and night. A good friend of mine is a medical aesthetician and gave me a bottle of it to try a couple of years ago. You know, like giving crack to an innocent.

The bottle is tiny, the stuff isn't cheap (clinical trial testing ain't cheap), but it does work. So well for some people that it looks like they've got fluffy spiders resting on their eyelids.
          It takes 6-8 weeks to reach full effect and you do need to have patience. No quick fix here. After your lashes grow the most that they'll grow, you can maintain your result by applying once a week. Therein lies the sell. Bu then, what beauty-enhancing product isn't guilty of the same M-O?

In the US it's available by prescription, but you don't need to go to a pharmacy for it as it is available at most reputable medical-grade spas.

I never did get 'tarantula lashes' with it (dammit), but I was pleasantly surprised at the results. Not having an expectation going in certainly helped.

[/CENTER]
          Last edited by kobito; 06-10-2013, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by kobito View Post
            I think i paid someone to remove for me..
            anyways i would like to get one to try when i hit US next time
            is that any chance i can get it at Shopper's?
            thxxxx for ur info

kobito - I don't know what Shopper's is. From what I understand, you can purchase the product at the type of day spas that offer services such as laser hair removal, etc, provided they are staffed by doctors or nurse practitioners (not dime-a-dozen corner shops that often employ under-trained personnel who double as the counter help).

I'm sure it's available online, but not exactly a product I'd go 'black market' for. Not worth the risk.

p.s. Please don't re-post images on the same page when quoting. (forum 101)
            sain't

Comment

• kobito
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
              kobito - I don't know what Shopper's is. From what I understand, you can purchase the product at the type of day spas that offer services such as laser hair removal, etc, provided they are staffed by doctors or nurse practitioners (not dime-a-dozen corner shops that often employ under-trained personnel who double as the counter help).

I'm sure it's available online, but not exactly a product I'd go 'black market' for. Not worth the risk.

p.s. Please don't re-post images on the same page when quoting. (forum 101)
              ohhhh sorry! im a newbie here, didn't know abt it.. i will edit it later
              i meant shoppers drug mart, but i guess they don't hv it then

ill search it online later i used a japanese one. heard it is very effective. however i had no patient to apply everyday! LOL maybe i will share this next time

Comment

• severin
                • Feb 2011

interest1 -- i remember from the original latisse advertisements one of the "possible side effects" is that it may permanently change eye color (specifically, blue and green eyes to brown). seems like quite the risk to take for those of us with lighter eye colors. though i wonder how often this actually happened in the clinical trials......

it was originally developed to treat cataracts i believe ?
                imagine what sort of ad that would've been: "become less blind ! side effects include changing eye color and long feather lashes !" as the model bats her lashes and flies away......
                take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• ahn
                  • Jul 2012

My eyelashes aren't super short but they're very fine. I just layer two or three different mascara brands with different brushes on my lashes each day. It's a bit of an annoying process but I'm shit at applying falsies, I've seen the negative effects of eyelash extensions on friends and am apprehensive about the eye-colour change rumour about Latisse to try anything more dramatic.
                  some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                    • Apr 2009

I've been more interested in these lash serums lately, but haven't tried one yet.

I read this about Latisse: "The most common side effect of using Lattise is an itching sensation in the eyes, dry eyes, and/or eye redness. This was reported in less than 4% of patients in the clinical studies. This usually lasted for a short period of time and resolved when Latisse was discontinued. Iris hyperpigmentation or darkening of eye color has been reported when bimatoprost solution is applied directly into the eye for the treatment of glaucoma. This side effect was not noted in the clinical studies of Latisse. While Latisse delivers only 5% of the dose of the bimatoprost glaucoma drop; there is still the potential for Latisse to cause iris hyperpigmentation. This side effect is likely to be permanent if it occurs.ā€ So do dark eyed people not have to worry? Sounds like a rare side effect.

Has anyone ever tried RevitaLash?

Comment

• severin
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post
                      Has anyone ever tried RevitaLash?
                      i have...kind of. i really know / knew nothing about it but someone gave it to me to try out (maybe they were dropping me a very unsubtle hint ?!). i don't wear mascara regularly enough though to have used it enough to see / experience any effect. i can say, though, that as a regular mascara my lashes looked quite magnificent the day i put some on, if i do say so myself.
                      take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• RosaAndersen
                        • Jun 2013

Facial cleanser and moisturizer are a daily part of my beauty care. I usually avoid make up except kohl and lip gloss.
                        Last edited by RosaAndersen; 06-21-2013, 07:38 AM.
                        facial products

Comment

• Ladidums
                          • Oct 2012

I've actually used latisse and tried eyelash extensions a couple of years ago and here's what I think.

Keep in mind I have stubby asian lashes to begin with so even 100% improvement on stubby can still be stubby.

Latisse: Good but not great. It did make my lashes longer but it also stained the area around my bottom lash line so it looked like I had some really awkward dark circles. Also, while the results were pretty dramatic up close, it took a long time of consistent applying BUT when you're standing at a normal distance, with mascara on, it wasn't that big a deal. Also doesn't make my lashes that much fuller.

Eyelash extensions: I went for it while it about 5-6 years back so things may have changed now. I also went for a more "normal" look. The results were FANTASTIC but the downsides were pretty bad. First, you have to be super careful around it. No rubbing your eyes, washing around it carefully, choose your makeup remover carefully etc. Also, they fall out and take your real lashes with them so half way through, you may end up looking very uneven. That happened to me and the lashes took a while to grow back. Also be very careful about who you choose because there were cases on the news where PEOPLE WENT BLIND FROM BAD EYELASH EXTENSIONS either through infection, chemical burns, or some other type of very unpleasant, very ugly, monkey business.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

I'm looking for something to even out my compelxion, but that doesn't require strict makeup removal. I'm going on a 2-week trek at the end of august and I'm not supposed to carry too much useless stuff + not sure I will have the time/energy/available facilities for a good face washing regimen. However, I still want to look cute and maintain the illusion that I have great skin. Would a BB cream be ok to not wash off every single day? do you have any suggestions of something even better? (no foundation cream or powder obv)

Comment

• gaborb
                              • Jul 2009

I'd recommend a tinted moisturiser or a BB cream (pretty much the same thing) or a very light foundation like Chanel VitalumiƩre Aqua (it'd probably disappear by the end of the day...) but I think you should definitely clean your face every day (well, preferably twice), maybe you could just pack a small bottle of La Roche Posay thermal water, it's pretty light or some cleansing wipes.

Comment

• rider
                                eyes of the world
                                • Jun 2009

ive been using 3lab bb and its perfect for hot weather, riding and all, it doesnt budge. i dont feel layered with it on either because i just use a little bit and once it sinks in its not going anywhere. the handy little tube would be a plus for travel i would think.

have fun treking galia...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎