X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trentk
    • Oct 2010

Rick Owens Mens FW 12

Last edited by trentk; 01-22-2012, 02:42 AM.
    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."
  • BBYY
    • Mar 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------

First thing I thought : did Raf start to design for Rick Owens ?
    Last edited by BBYY; 01-22-2012, 05:27 AM.
    Paris Proxy Service

Comment

• ES3K
      • Oct 2008

Last edited by ES3K; 01-22-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

i like it, esp the suiting. if you want to see more freaky stuff just ogle the Out Vibes.

Comment

• trentk
          • Oct 2010

My two favorites... but the high-waisted pants create some mood that I'm not too fond of.

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• modalsaliency
            • May 2010

One of these days I shall understand the appeal of high-rise pants beyond the novelty of having high-rise pants.

This is not that day.

Some interesting pieces otherwise. The coat in #17 particularly.

Comment

the latter half is awesome. i want that pilot jacket in no 26, with a big skirt. i wouldn't wear the down jacket (i dont like the puffy shoulder) but the shape makes a whole lot of sense in context, and it really evokes the same couture shapes that we saw for women last season. not necessarily super wearable or pretty, but interesting.

the only show that moved me in some way.

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

Some solid white collar workwear and a nice puffer here and there but the middle is inexcusable. Looks like gareth is ghost designing for him.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                  • Aug 2010

I loved this piece because the leather and cut is beautiful. However the puffer jackets are rather strange. They look like space suits.
                  Originally posted by Patroklus
                  Better too adventurous than not enough
                  everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Matis
                    • Feb 2010

Seems like he inverted his long torso/short legs to short torso/tall legs.
                    Well, i dont think it works. It clashes with his older pieces imo.

As for the rest of the collection i like it.
                    Love the new boot design.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

my favorite looks (sorry if too big...):

may wear my pants lower than styled in the show, but i appreciate the play with waist height. the cropped jackets with long sleeves look great. very cavalry somehow - and like i talked w/ heirloom about, yeah, the proportions are similar to the draped dresses for spring (men's).

very nice show i thought. happy as can be.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Well, he's trying something new innit. Most of it doesn't really work, but at least he's trying. I actually quite like the high waisted trousers, but it ain't ever going to work for me (and I have invested too heavily in dropped crotches already). Standout item for me are the boots which look fucking fantastic. I need more time to digest the rest and make sense of it. At first glance a lot of theatre and a bit of WTF.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          Well, he's trying something new innit. Most of it doesn't really work, but at least he's trying.
                          yeah for sure...
                          ...and that's why fashion bores me more and more
                          novelty for the sake of novelty has no value, especially at fashion's pace, i guess this is where the difference with art (or anything truly interesting...) lies.
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

the boots towards the end remind me of ann fw11 (upon closer inspection of the images the closures look rather clumsy)

the latter half of the jackets seem unwearable and the contrasting lines/stripes on the leather seems quite tacky and pretty unnecessary. (re: dirk bikkembergs)
                            it will be nice to see what ends up on the rack from this show and maybe i can appreciate the tailoring more in person.
                            i like the long lines the high wasted pants create and the cuts of the tailored work seem to be done well at first glance.
                            the "converse" shoes are the only iteration of rick footwear i dislike but c'est le vie.
                            this collection lacks rick & if it was not labelled a rick collection i would have skipped right over it.
                            Last edited by messenoire; 01-19-2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                              • Nov 2010

Getting a really strong David Bowie circa Diamond Dogs/Thin White Duke vibe from the suiting with the high waists, voluminous bottoms and the tight double-breasted jackets. Some of it might be a little bit wtf but over all I'm quite happy.

Also regarding the fact that he seam to have inverted his proportions, I still think you could wear his older long tops with the high-waist trousers by either just wearing them on top and it would seam like you are wearing regularly waisted trousers or you could wear the trousers lower wich would essentially generate the same effect as his usual drop crotch trousers would.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎