Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

i like readin how polarizing this collection is , i think maybe skirts and pretend girl stuff like heels is what alot of ppl automatically associate with rick and now we see almost none of that so it mite look foreign or not genuine " rick " but i think its nice to see him step away from that stereotype and i think he did it pretty successfully here . me though i fuckin love this one , i even see a few leathers i like , i still havent bought one , maybe thisll be my 1st . the colored lines on those jackets kinda remind me of like the bus on a circuit board

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

here's a bit of video:

it's a pretty sophisticated look - a bit dandyish / 1930s outdoorsy, what with the high waist and all. don't mind it at all! and like i said before, it's nice how how it's all neat and tucked and pulled and fastened. kinda 'evening wear', which i haven't really looked to rick for before. will be nice to play with that by maybe combining with some more messy shit.

and yeah, not many skirts shown, but a couple and i'm kinda glad he's not just abandoning that after one season. it needs time to grow on ppl
      Last edited by Shucks; 01-20-2012, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

ahh nice vid thanks , are those fuckin dress shirts ? i need one lol , man everythin looks good as hell ( i dont like the sneakers tho ) , i like the low drop on some a those trousers and how it gets skinny from the knee down . fave fit is the very last one , that guy was struttin , u kno when he got out on runway he was thinkin " im wearin full rick , bitch "

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

makes even more sense now after video, huh? i agree.

and yeah, dress shirts. that's what i was saying before - it's like the missing piece for his suiting system that he's added now! now u can wear rick when meeting with ur bank.

and second that on the pants. they look suave.

also good to see the skirts being styled with pants underneath for winter, cause that's what i'm doing now. too fucking cold otherwise and i aint tryin to wear tights underneath. funny the last look is a skirt worn reversed.... (in ur face heirloom hehe)

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            now u can wear rick when meeting with ur bank.

)
            lol i thought the same thing , its tailored menswear via spacing guild . but man this collection is tight as hell , just from the few vids ive seen of it so far i think this trumps limo

shit dont get me started on those skirts , i been debating if i wanna get one from ss12 that has the back vent like that , the only reason im not is becos i keep sayin to myself no u have enough skirts , now that u pointed out how its worn backwards with the vent in the front im like shit i need it now cos i dont have any that do that lol

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Comment

• thejarc
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Chilton0326
                Wim Delvoye's "shit" is more exciting than most fashion.

Not to denigrate fashion, but modern art is overwhelmed with talent. Fashion is, with only the occasional exception, commerce. People like Simons and Lagerfeld are genuine intellectuals, but their clothes seldom rise beyond clothes.

Rick Owens used to say in early interviews (like the one from HINT: http://www.hintmag.com/hinterview/ri...rickowens1.php) that his primary focus was just to move product.
                Im sorry but good design should be bought by people and make their lives nicer and/or easier and therefore exists to be bought.

And I dont remember where I read that but I think it describes the situation quite accurateley. "The only difference between art and fashion is that fashion admits it's all about the money". Modern art is rarely exclusively about aesthetics without being pretentious.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Derrida
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                    Derrida
                    Say it 3 times in front of the mirror, he shall then appear behind you to remove your ever growing brain from your cranium.
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• DiabloXVIII
                      • Jan 2011

Raf Simon + Krisvanassche = Rick Owens AW12 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by trentk View Post
                        The collection looks significantly better when viewed from the waist up or the side:
                        I'm digging it from the neck up here.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

Stimulating, yes, rather than exciting. Stimulating works being, from my point of view, those who constantly resist interpretation and hence offer endless opportunities to come back and look further, or from a completely different angle - and in the best of cases you're still left with something you haven't perceived in them, or said about them. Something so deeply intricate, or of such stern opacity, that you can't help but change, bit by bit, in the process of finding out.

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          /\ precisely! how can it be a problem if you find something exciting? try "stimulating" instead - is that better? (cue semantic discussion on difference between excitment and stimulation)
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                            I believe that's where the problem lies. This "exciting" thing. I would never apply this to the artworks I love.
                            Exciting meaning interesting. And artworks are not art world.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

Kinda meh collection but as said before, blazers look nice. His collars are growing on me.

Does anyone know what the music used in the show was?
                              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• theconsumer
                                • Feb 2009

Roy Batty would rock these high waisted pants, but then again Rutger Hauer would rock anything ...

Collection inspired by Blade Runner puppets. 100% Zeitgeist.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎