X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ngoa
    • Oct 2009

Boris Bidjan Saberi - FW12 - Mens - Paris

really great show, love the colors and especially the leathers.
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

a bit more elegant than usual, amnd love the muddy palette

Comment

• between
      • Oct 2011

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i'm pretty sure that these are the sunglasses that were used in the show (they will be launched on sunday):

(...and i really don't like them)
      Last edited by between; 01-20-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• couturehomme
        • Oct 2008

thank you boris...

Apart from those glasses and look 6 (total wtf), very nice collection.

Palette in general is very nice (off-greens, off-tans)....

Comment

• Lane
          • Aug 2010

what is this?

I see that he is elevating himself at his craft, but im not too impressed. Seems like he was trying to be amazing and fresh, but he strayed so much from what I know as "boris" that I find it quite hard to appreciate.

Comment

• shah
            • Jul 2009

kilt + high socks =

(kilt + high socks) x grunge =

Comment

• shah
              • Jul 2009

prvious collection still his best work ...

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

I know he is one of the best in his craft right now, but he created this....I can appreciate certain pieces individually but a lot of this is cluttered and too vulgar to my eyes. I find some looks too ridiculous, and I always want to be able to pair stuff with older collections from designers, and this too within its own realm.

Only the all white outfits do I feel being "boris" or at least the boris he has shown me these last few collections. Maybe, if I see the pieces separated from the mess he created on these models it would look better, though.

Comment

• Zenith
                  • Jun 2009

There's too much going on in every picture. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be looking at/appreciating. Blazers under leathers? Classy stuff. The puffy parka goods look pretty bad also, thank goodness Ricks FW012 came first to soften the blow though.

EDIT: Yup, what Lane said. I'll wait for the lookbook.

Comment

• Rei
                    • Oct 2011

Stalking ends here it seems. Had high hopes for Boris but to me this didnt deliver. Wasnt too fond of the ss12 either (based on runway pictures) tho I could see what I like from him in it, but for my taste this is going in the wrong direction. Some of the white pieces could be interesting but the overall presentation and color palette just doesnt do it for me.

Comment

• Danse Générale
                      • May 2011

I think, i have to look at the things afterwards in detail. Boris is not made to present his creations on the catwalk. It was almost always in such a way that I was not inspired by the show. However, i mostly liked the things in the showroom.
                      Apart from the coat in picture 6 I like the collection quite well. How does it fit in? I don't really get it...

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

this lacks the raw aggression that i saw in boris garments that drew me to him. i think the styling is working against him in this show as it looks like a clusterfuck. the color story, dark dust/dust/drkshdw (yeah yeah rick didn't invent green and grey) while still fairly toned down and "muddy" don't strike me as a winter collection. i liked the red because of the story behind it and the coagulated tonal value within the red. i miss the dark moodiness of boris that isn't very apparent in this collection. i am a fan of a few individual pieces but boris seems like a brand that needs to step away from runway shows because they aren't quite the format to accurately display his work. the sunglasses are stupid. upon further inspection this collection seems pretty far removed, THE FUCKING SUNGLASSES, from the boris i've enjoyed in the past seasons.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                          • Sep 2010

Like the green, a good addition to his normal palette. Some new fabrics and fabric treatments, looks like synthetics or vinals.

He has de-emphasized the tailoring, playing to his strengths in leathers and layered casuals.

Like Julius this is a recession proof, defensive collection that should keep business going through tough times.
                          Last edited by Pumpfish; 01-22-2012, 11:22 AM.
                          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Czx
                            • Feb 2011

I get mixed feelings from the show. Some pieces look great to me but styling kills them at the same time, on the other hand I realy do like some of the outfits presented, but even though there is always something wrong. It lacks BBSs agression and just looks way too cluttered. And the sunglasses are such a fucking eyesore. Waiting for the lookbook.
                            néant
                            Last.FM paranoia
                            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                            0 > ∞

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                              • May 2011

I'm falling in love for the glasses...
                              And this 'air' about post-atomic war between desertic is really soo romantic and in mean time soo strong.. Great BBS.!!!!
                              SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎