Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JACK TORRANCE
    • Jan 2011

i find it too messy,and cant understand whats going on...
    with all the stuff he produced for this catwalk show he could have dressed ten more people and make them walk down,instead of putting a shitload of stuff on each model....
    as someone else said before probably things in showroom/shops,taken singularly will look definetly better.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

I like this a lot. I know it's less dangerous than some of the previous collections but it's more versatile overall. It looks to me like it was inspired by a season in Hoth and I'm cool with that.

I think it's rare that a designer can pull together really nice outerwear in a nice, soft, light palette but Boris was able to do it. The colors are amazing as a collection and they work together really well.

I agree that it's a little chaotic but that's OK. He's playing with lots of layers and lots of visual lines to mess with the silhouette of the body....something I feel Rick used to do very well but didn't so much with his most recent collection.

I think last AW was strong too but this is a step forward in my opinion in terms of creating a cohesive lot of clothes that fit together like puzzle pieces. Especially with the colors...I can't remember the last time I saw a winter collection that wasn't overly dark but still had a really warmish wintery feel to it and this palette does that perfectly. Not too futuristic, not too costumey....looks warm and comfortable.

I think it's a more mature Boris but not in a high-waisted grandpa kind of way. Like the way that Luke Skywalker grew up as a boy on Tatooine and became a man during battle on Hoth as he got shoved into the dead carcass of a Tauntaun and emerged unscathed as a man.

I'm not a Star Wars fan and I don't particularly care for Science Fiction but something struck me with this line and it was kind of warm and comforting. Awesome. I feel like playing with a lightsaber all of the sudden.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        a bit more elegant than usual, amnd love the muddy palette
        Elegant? This is an awful, overstyled mess.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Lane View Post
          what is this?

I see that he is elevating himself at his craft, but im not too impressed. Seems like he was trying to be amazing and fresh, but he strayed so much from what I know as "boris" that I find it quite hard to appreciate.
          The styling is definitely a bit off / over the top, but this still definitely screamed Boris irl.

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
          this lacks the raw aggression that i saw in boris garments that drew me to him. i think the styling is working against him in this show as it looks like a clusterfuck.
          Again I thought this was pretty agressive, the entire presentation was, all the way down to the fast pace and loud-as-fuck music.

maybe its the crappy photos that are taking away from it, sadly mine are not much better as the lighting was off where I was sitting, but here they are anyway.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

thanks for the pics

dat jacket
                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tron View Post

dat jacket...
                  ... is a straight up julius knockoff
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tron
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    that would explain why I like it then. Can you post the julius one for comparison ?
                    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't have the energy to go searching, it's midnight in Paris :-) Someone will find it for sure.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

Link looks similar

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

there you go :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

hm, surprised people in here don't like this. Looks like everything else in this niche.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

well, it's about time someone gave him a taste of his own medicine

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Comment

• couturehomme
                                • Oct 2008

a bit disingenuous to call that jacket a knockoff of a julius SS12 jacket, when boris did the same jacket in SS12 as well

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎