X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gavagai
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
    hm, surprised people in here don't like this. Looks like everything else in this niche.
    Who comprises this niche? Rick? Julius? Who else are we talking about? I think if we ignore basically all the details it would still be tough to say this looks the same as Rick or Julius. Rick is definitely somewhere else these days...julius current collections look nothing like this.

this is a nice continuation from what we've seen from Boris. I'm liking the color palette and the proportions/fit. Hit and miss on some pieces as i prefer some of the less layered looks but overall I like what I see.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

i like it. i think he is improving. the styling is wtf but so what runways are like that sometimes. i am hoping the blazers fit better and it kinda looks like they do. hard to tell. also i like the palette. some of the pieces are silly but a whole lot of it is pretty wearable.

pretty much what beardown said.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
        Who comprises this niche? Rick? Julius? Who else are we talking about? I think if we ignore basically all the details it would still be tough to say this looks the same as Rick or Julius. Rick is definitely somewhere else these days...julius current collections look nothing like this.

this is a nice continuation from what we've seen from Boris. I'm liking the color palette and the proportions/fit. Hit and miss on some pieces as i prefer some of the less layered looks but overall I like what I see.
        well, Ann D, ma+, yohan serfaty, forme d, ccp, rick, julius, damir doma, BBS, Obscur, etc etc...

the designers with muted colors and layered looks, with asymmetrical fronts... they all have their own little touch of their own, but I definetly see them as a niche.

Comment

• DiabloXVIII
          • Jan 2011

It looks to me like Boris is describing a battlefield however the show doesnt deliver the strong feel of BBS IMO. It lacks the street and ruggedness feel which is what we all expect from Boris I think. I can appreciate the leather and face-cover things here which are what made Boris but thats it. In comparison to last FW, this is a real step backward. But as someone said earlier, if we separate the pieces from the mess we can get a better view from Boris works.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

This collection as a whole is tough for me to grasp.

Thinking about it analytically, I swear that a lot of those pieces would look great on a rack and I would probably wear quite a bit of the new purplish leather and the white/off whites to mix my wardrobe up from the blacks and grays I usually wear.

Yet, the way it's styled on that runway truly is over-styled and I swear all I think of is Aspen snowboarder meets futuristic Gulf War attire hybrid.

Sorta bums me out to say that because BBS is supposed to be my balance to buying too much Julius and In Aisce, but again, I think some of this will look good when it's not styled that way. So, I can't wait to try some of it on in person. I swear you could take pieces off various models and make a much more cohesive set of looks. Hell, each model is wearing a half dozen or more pieces, right?

Comment

• kuugaia
              • Feb 2010

What the, this isn't that bad?

The styling = typical shit house expected from Boris.
              The clothing = typical Boris that is actually quite nice as individual pieces.

BBS in general is a very rugged and messy aesthetic, so when you layer a shit tonne of it on top of each other, it's of course going to be too much. But I think that it's a safe BBS collection - just terrible styling.

Comment

• falconchan
                • Feb 2011

MISS FW2011...T.T
                Last edited by falconchan; 05-31-2012, 10:57 PM.
                Background Ecucation make me sick.

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

apart from the sunglasses, it's not that bad me thinks

oh, and much better pics to be found there
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Czx
                    • Feb 2011

Agreed, looks much better now. I like how it just emantes post-nuclear survival to me. Really awaiting the ability to see the pieces by themselves now.
                    néant
                    Last.FM paranoia
                    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                    0 > ∞

Comment

• Sergey Seven
                      • Sep 2010

the collection looks much much better then summer11.
                      anyway as was mentioned before, almost every piece would look great in person (in store/showrooms)

thanks for the link BSR, now i know exactly what i will be hunting next autumn and winter

and yes, sunglasses are awful

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Sergey Seven View Post

and yes, sunglasses are awful
                        Really ?

Preamble : i have not seen the show and clothes live... but i think that if we take off the sunglasses and hats and caps...the suggestion and the visual impact of the show becomes very poor.

FD
                        SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• Sergey Seven
                          • Sep 2010

hats are ok
                          i just don't like sunglasses in general and never wear them. and these especially looks weird to me

Comment

• theconsumer
                            • Feb 2009

Looks better in those more detailed pictures and would probably look even better IRL. Like the geometric patterns and that there are finally nice coats and jackets with no fucking hanging dogtags on the back.

Comment

• kuriz
                              • Nov 2010

Not really what I was expecting. Can't figure whether this goes in a good direction or no. It seems that there are simply too much clothes on those models to actually get to see it properly. Also I think it lacks some of the more streetwear kind of look that I personally love about BBS. But hey as many mentioned before it might be a lot better when handled in person on the other hand I really liked some of the boots compared to earlier, they seem a bit more massive which I think look really fine

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tron View Post
                                Link looks similar
                                Having just seen and tried on the Boris jacket, I can say that these are pretty far from each other. Its actually a trench coat, the collars are just folded up. The fabric version is sick.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎