X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gndm
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by radial View Post

SR463 – Carradina – Atlantic white-sided dolphin-skin auto-erotic asphyxia belt, mounted to reindeer skin and provided with a door or handle hook.

Found this over on Dezeen - any thoughts on how this fits thematically into the collection? Might bring an interesting perspective to the whole dolphin hide conversation earlier in the thread.
    i wasn't aware an auto-erotic asphyxiation belt was present. honestly speaking that's just lost on me, i have no idea what that has to do with "field dressing" et al unless recht feels like it's common for hunters and such to engage in autoerotic asphyxiation during those long lonely nights at the cabin or something.

as for the presence of dolphin skin, i'm not quite sure where i stand on that. i don't even know how recht sourced it to begin with.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ look one page back and you'll find out.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• radial
        • Oct 2011

/\ which is why I think the use of dolphin skin in this particular object is the most powerful: a device for self inflicted pain/pleasure made from the skin of an animal that suffocated to death.

i have a - not yet fully fleshed - theory where the Hunter of this neo-futurist Field Dressing narrative uses this Carradina (ala David Carradine) as a medieval monk would a cilice, thus paying homage to the memory of the animals whose hides now clothe him.

Fashion sainthood or just good ole fashioned kink?
        Last edited by radial; 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎