X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post
    My question is - were the Celtics THAT good?!?!
    If the refs hadn't screwed over San Antonio we'd still be watching a decent Finals. Durant is the most overrated player in sports. Scott Brooks should be fired, making Spoelstra look like the Zen Master. Oh well. No more basketball for me. It's like watching the WWE now.
    ZOMBIE SONICS go back to their graves now!
    Choke-lahoma.

Take in easy man, I am a Spurs fan, and while there were indeed questionable calls in the Spurs series, I don't think they lost for those reasons.........For the first time SA lost a series and as a fan I don't feel bad. the Spurs faced a team that was younger and quicker than they were. While Duncan , Parker, Ginobili and Stephen Jackson played well, the younger players on the Spurs like Danny Green, Splitter, Bonner and those guys wilted under the pressure in the OKC series.
    That had nothing to do with the Refs. It wasn't the refs that made Ibaka shoot 11 of 11 FG in game 4, it wasn't the refs that made Durant scored 18 straight down the stretch...........C'mon man, when the refs screw up indeed we should call them out, and I don't know how the owners tolerate David Stern's quickness in fining every player and coach that criticizes the refs but accept terrible officiating.............but the Spurs lost to a quicker, younger team, not because they were screwed.

With respect to Boston, the Celtics are a tough team, and they get a lot of scoring inside from KG. Rondo gives the Heat problems because he is a true point guard. Paul Pierce even though he is slow, is big and strong enough to guard Lebron for stretches......

The difference in OKC is that Miami has good interior defenders in Haslem and Joel Anthony, that nullifies the effects of Perkins and Ibaka, Kevin Durant nor anyone else on the OKC team cannot contain Lebron James, he is too big, too strong and too quick, but even though Lebron is 1-2" shorter than Durant, he is big and strong enough to make Durant, who is really a 6'10" guard and not a forward struggle............

Westbrook was good in this series, Harden struggled and no one expected Mike Miller, Chalmers and Shane Battier was gonna be as big as they were in different games.......the same way we never expected Ibaka and those role players to step up against San Antonio.
    I don't think we have seen the last of OKC,

Durant is not overrated, he has work to do, but without question, he is the best sharp shooter in the game now, ...................
    Last edited by zamb; 06-22-2012, 11:52 AM.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

all this hyperbole and conspiracy talk makes me chuckle.
      The Heat were a team of destiny and Lebron was not going to be denied. He put his team on his back and they rode him like a thoroughbred. okc was very competitive in all but the last game . The pressure of an elimination game clearly got to them. it happens. They're young. They're talented. They will compete for many years to come

Officiating is terrible in all sports. Anyone who thinks calls are made to deliberately favor one team is naive bordering on ignorant. There's just too much at stake and NO REAL REASON to favor 1 team.
      years ago games could be fixed because players could be bought. that's not possible today.

I'm not gonna debate or elaborate cuz i'm not gonna change anyone's mind,and that's very cool

anyway, it's the dog daze of summer and baseball rules.

I'm no mets fan but ra dickey is an amazing story.

Comment

• wurlwyde
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post
        Watching the Finals brings back memories of why I stopped watching this pitiful game to begin with. The referees play too much of a part in the outcome and clearly favor one team in every series. Westbrook shoots 32 times and shoots 3 free throws the entire game? I heard the commentators in every game question multiple calls by the officials that went in favor of the Heat. It's sad to see a game that was once great be broken like this. Social Media, sportswriters and television personalities all agree, yet somehow it still continues and only gets worse. Granted, OKC has finally been exposed for what they really are, but it is still a bad sight to see. Durant is soft, his defense is atrocious, his quality decision-making isn't there and his offense comes and goes...mostly goes. James Harden's 6th man of the year award should be stripped from him, he is afraid to even have the ball in his hands. The centers for OKC haven't yet realized that there is an NBA Finals going on. More importantly, if I were a fan of OKC (I am rooting for them, but not a fan), I would be livid at the head coach, Scott Brooks, who in my opinion lost 2 games for them by sitting his stars in key moments in the game. What a dummy.
        LeBron James and his "look at me" antics are there on display for one more night where they will lay the hammer down on this pathetic excuse for a Western Conference Champion. I would have much rather seen the Spurs, the Lakers - anyone with heart. Anyone with enough juevos to not be afraid of the moment, which clearly, everyone but Westbrook is. While I am never a fan of bandwagon teams in sports, which OKC clearly is, I do hope that Kevin Durant gets labeled with the "soft" label if only to motivate him to hit the gym and learn how to be more aggressive and develop his game, because he does seem like a decent enough guy - the anti-LeBron. How can a "star" be such a fish out of water? I knew I would be in for a bad finals when I tuned in, but this has got to be the worst finals my eyes have ever seen. The all-mighty and powerful Thunder didn't show up...well, they did, but they just aren't as good as people thought. If given the choice I bet even the millions of Thunder bandwagon fans would have rather seen the Spurs or Lakers after having to see what we all have "witnessed"...
        I completely agree with what you said about the referees playing such a large roll in the games. It seems like anytime someone goes up in the paint, a foul is called....

Comment

• AngelofDeath
          • Jun 2012

Anyone catch Mark Cuban roasting Bayless? That shit was priceless.
          I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎