X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

Knicks/Heat tonite.... a Knicks win in Miami would be amazing but is unlikely

Comment

• MaxM
      • Sep 2009

yea im kinda sick of all the hype lin is getting. sure hes a good player with a very high basketball iq, but i think most people forget that hes been benefiting from 1. d'antonis coaching style, 2. melos absence, 3. being unknown and so teams not knowing how to deal with him, 4. being asian (yeayeayea)

we'll see how he performs with teams beginning to adjust themselves to his game. that being said, the knicks have quite a deep roster around melo now

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

the hype is because of what was before. Lin was a couple of daze away from being cut from his third team and the Knicks were floundering and a complete bore to watch. I stopped watching them. yes he's benefiting from d'antoni's system,in fact he saved d'antoni's job. I don't know if Lin will end up being a l337 point guard but he looks like he deserves to be starting in the NBA and that's a long way from being completely out of the league. If he continues to learn and be active/ energetic and improves his ft shooting and decreases his turn overs. he very well may be l337. at the very least,he's revived basketball in the meca.

Comment

• MaxM
          • Sep 2009

sorry... l337?

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

there may be some hype involved, but the kid is the real deal............and while D'Antoni's system might be beneficial to him, if he had no talent at all then the could not have succeeded so well in any system

Its not like he is just merely dishing out assist to gifted scorers. the has a very high rebounding rate for a point guard, and he is going up against very good defensive teams and still scoring a lot.

What this tells me is that he is a very intelligent player who has prepared himself and had been fortunate enough to seize the right moment under the right circumstances.............and i dont see it going away anytime soon because its clear he isnt a fluke.

there have been many who have come to NY as franchise saviors, and the list is long. Marbury, Steve Francis, Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Tracy McGrady............etc etc etc, some in their prime others hoping to reignite past glory. Amare Stoudemire came and gave the Knicks legit hope and excitement last year...........Carmelo Anthony came and while I am certain they need him to have any hope of being a legit contender, so far he has been so/so..........

What Lin has done is to lift the game of every single player on the Knicks team.........given them a legit "Big three" and suddenly a deep bench (talk about Baron Davis and JR Smith as a second unit!)

this Kid is a legit franchise savior and probably the greatest bargain since Tony Parker on the Spurs 2003 championship team............

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
            yea im kinda sick of all the hype lin is getting. sure hes a good player with a very high basketball iq, but i think most people forget that hes been benefiting from 1. d'antonis coaching style, 2. melos absence, 3. being unknown and so teams not knowing how to deal with him, 4. being asian (yeayeayea)

we'll see how he performs with teams beginning to adjust themselves to his game. that being said, the knicks have quite a deep roster around melo now
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

no, I'm sorry . I was tryin to be cute

l337

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Interesting thing to note is that if he continues at this pace and the Knicks end up being a third seed in the east which is very possible, he will have to be considered an MVP candidate...............sounds absurd but the whole thin is already beyond absurd.......
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MaxM
                  • Sep 2009

ah well he will be a solid player in the NBA for sure, really don't think he will be much more though...

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

don't know how this thing eventually plays out but he does look a lot like Nash at times. hey look, it's all about winning. especially in nyc. if the Knicks win, Lin will be way more than just anotha point guard

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

I forgot to add that Lin must also improve his on the ball d

Comment

• MaxM
                        • Sep 2009

Lin must improve on a lot of things. He doesnt have the upside other young players have, he doesnt have huge talent or athletics, but he makes up for it with his understanding of the game, his "basketball iq". Maybe he is the player that the Knicks needed to sort of harness players like melo or stoudemire.
                        Bottom line is, i believe he is a great teamplayer and an interesting addition to the Knicks, but his individual performances are not that impressive. Dunno if that makes sense

Comment

• MaxM
                          • Sep 2009

i think what i was tryin to say is that lin is only as good as his teammates allow him to be to a certain degree, as opposed to other players who are good independantly of their team, they go out do their thing (iverson , kobe, vince u get the picture).
                          dont start the "whats more important to the team", "its all about winning" discussion, i know that and thats not my point

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

I understand what you are sayin but I completely disagree. his individual performances have looked GREAT..... SO FAR and his individual stats echo that fact. I really don't know what more he could have proven in the few games he has played. He needs to improve on the facets of the game I've already mentioned but the key to hus greatness,or lack of, lies in CONSISTENCY

btw: last nite's drive down the lane with a left hand finish proves he can score one on one. he's extremely quick aggressive and confident.... again,SO FAR
                            time will tell

Comment

• MaxM
                              • Sep 2009

i dunno, really not convinced of that... JR Smith would very prob kick the shit out of him in a one on one game

Comment

• MaxM
                                • Sep 2009

anyway lets just leave it at that :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎