• interest1
    • Nov 2008

'Collapse and Control' - Rick Owens Q & A in Prestige mag, HK

Not brand-spanking new,
    but this one had yet to surface..

sain't
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

I don't think this is a bad feature per se, but I do feel Rick is getting repetitive in his answers. I felt like I've read this before, and that's cos I have.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• ATS
      • Nov 2011

Rick's not to blame...
      It's not him that's so repetitive, it's just the same old questions.
      Would you prefer if he just had a different answer everytime he was asked the same question? Quit your whining about Rick. he'll never live up to your expectations... lol

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

You're right actually, I was thinking about my post yesterday and obviously Rick's answers isn't the problem, it's just that there are so many interviews with him out there that have asked the same questions.

This is why I liked features like his article on the SZ mag, cos it brings a new perspective about his work and personality, whereas this is a mere rehash.
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• soulshui
          • Nov 2011

thank you for sharing! I pray that one day rick will open their official shop at southeast asia region.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ATS View Post
            Rick's not to blame...
            It's not him that's so repetitive, it's just the same old questions.
            Would you prefer if he just had a different answer everytime he was asked the same question? Quit your whining about Rick. he'll never live up to your expectations... lol
            If he'd stop talking to everyone and their dog, maybe he'd get better questions...
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by soulshui View Post
              thank you for sharing! I pray that one day rick will open their official shop at southeast asia region.
              What do you mean? He has shops in Hong Kong, Seoul and Tokyo. You want one in Cambodia?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• soulshui
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                What do you mean? He has shops in Hong Kong, Seoul and Tokyo. You want one in Cambodia?
                well not in that extreme country like Cambodia Faust, perhaps at Singapore or Thailand for instant. We have so much importing shop that bring Rick stuff in but what we really need is the official shop where all the size and pieces are available.

Comment

• ATS
                  • Nov 2011

I think Toronto would be a better location for a store.
                  Or Montreal.

Comment

• ATS
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    If he'd stop talking to everyone and their dog, maybe he'd get better questions...
                    This coming from someone who said he'd like to interview him every sixth months.
                    Although I do agree with you, if this is his way of dealing with how "mainstream" he's becoming, I much prefer it then having huge ads and tacky shit all over the place.
                    I think he's dealing with the attention in a very commendable way instead of "selling out".

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

I think it's cute. The man clearly likes to be interviewed.

On a side note, after reading literally all of the interviews I could find online for a thing I'm writing, I really can't overstate how inspiring Rick is to me. He's probably the most positive 'celebrity' I know. I can definitely see why an experienced journalist like Faust would enjoy talking to him so often.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ATS View Post
                        This coming from someone who said he'd like to interview him every sixth months.
                        Although I do agree with you, if this is his way of dealing with how "mainstream" he's becoming, I much prefer it then having huge ads and tacky shit all over the place.
                        I think he's dealing with the attention in a very commendable way instead of "selling out".
                        I don't see the inconsistency.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎