Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANN PAINT-STAINED SNEAKERS, size 41 (SS2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macro
    • Apr 2008

ANN PAINT-STAINED SNEAKERS, size 41 (SS2006)

SS2006 sneakers. my personal favorite iteration. I'll consider high or low tops.

please.
    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage
  • Dawn
    • Mar 2009

I've only seen these listed once in my life. They were the low tops in a 43... my size. I was watching it, and the seller ended the auction early for under $100... I'll never forget that.

Good luck to you!

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Are these different in any way different from the 07 versions other than the paint?
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Macro
        • Apr 2008

i thought she always offered a 'plain' version and then a seasonal style. ss07 was the spat sneaker, no?

as for you, dawn, i found this image on Y!J... size 43, but very high price.
        every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

You're right, but I was referring to the construction/shape.

I think that after F/W 2008 she changed the shape to a somewhat less 'round' one. The toebox is less bulbous, and the horizontal panels are a bit more angular. My oldest pair is the white one from 07, and from the photos I've seen of even older runways i feel like the earlier versions from 05/06 look a bit less chunky than 07 versions.

So, I've concluded that the designs can be divided into three phases.

SS2005-FW2006(?) Slimmer sole - look more like regular converse. Examples include the ones you've posted and the runway photo I linked to earlier.
          SS2007-FW2008 Chunkier sole, a bit more bulbous looking on the toe. Examples include the 'sock' sneakers and dirty white ones from ss07 and the brown/purple ones with the extended panel on the shaft from fw08.
          SS2009 - now Slimmer profile, a bit 'sharper' looking but still chunky. The first version of these was the beige perforated one from ss09, and all other styles that came from that collection and subsequent ones. For FW11 she released the ones you have with the wider lace area, but the shape remains the same. Overall, the design is definitely an improvement as the toebox creases/deforms much less after extensive wear, and hence the shoes retain their shape for longer.

Heres a photo I took that compares phases 2 and 3. (specifically ss07 vs fw10)

I'm such a nerd.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎