Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Hedi Slimane to YSL - OFFICIAL

I'm sad to see him go, what he did was never very creative but he has a way of creating the ideal version of basics that few other designers can match. Ugh, will I have to go back to Acne for black jeans now?

Not excited about the choice of Vaccarello, seems like the plan is to keep Hedi's aesthetic going but without Hedi's incredible precision it's just going to be trashy rock and roll (I know many of you think it was trashy already WITH Hedi lol).

I wish Hedi would start his own label but I don't see it happening, he seems to get off on remaking a house in his own image with the huge financial backing that entails.

^^
    my thoughts exactly
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

most of his clothes where great on the rack, great quality usually. Vaccarello is such a silly choice. garbage in/out indeed. atleast Hedi had some sense of quality, precision and consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by casem View Post
    I wish Hedi would start his own label but I don't see it happening, he seems to get off on remaking a house in his own image with the huge financial backing that entails.
    I think the prodigal son will return to Dior.

Hedi returns Dior would be great , but chance is very low due to KVA has taken the job of the menswear.

I'm thinking the man might just stop with creative direction entirely. He mentioned previously that he had no intention on coming back to fashion but when he was approached by Pierre Bergé, he reconsidered due to their special relationship.

On the other hand, i think he loves being a control freak too much to go back to photographing surfers full time.