• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

lmao! good one, doldrums.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

The stuff for sale at the e-store are sooo boring, even for me. At least Dior stuff was actually interesting. Also, the prices are hillarious. I can't wait to pay 5000 euro for a generic looking biker in calf or 1600 for a polyester dinner jacket.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• mike
        • Dec 2006

the 1200 euro hoody is the best.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

i'm looking forward to copping some Saint Laurent Selvage.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Vanna
            • May 2008

Is this Forever21?

Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• doldrums
              • Dec 2008

^ no it's just come full circle. Fashion dialectics is a beautiful thing.

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

idk but i like this collection overall specially the pseudo formal stuff. shit i was ready to buy some of it while goin thru the lookbook but all the things i wanted arent avail for order yet . i never thought his dh was totally original , he took ideas from scenes and stuff him and his friends were into and mine as well and brought it to a different level w/ lots of detailing . but i loved it then and when i look thru this collection i find i still do .
                he sent droopy crotch trousers and combat boots down runway in 06 or 07 for his very last dh collection and i recall ppl on diff fashion forums sayin stuff like yuck ! , so like anything people will like or dislike it and im glad hes still doin his thing cos i like it alot

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

srsly, I am curious about the site, but all I get is this

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

hmmmm not gettin any errors here tryin to access ysl.com
                    try this direct link , see if that works ?

maybe ur ip did get blocked LOL jk
                    are u able to access it on ur phone ? maybe its not avail for non us , but i thought it was gonna be worldwide when ysl.com relaunched

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

super weird, the deeplink works. Cheers!
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                        super weird, the deeplink works. Cheers!
                        Are you currently in a country where YSL is not available online (i.e. maybe Germany)? It probably sent you to your country site and you got the ad compaign but no store cause they don't sell where you are. Or maybe Hedi banned you...
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

All I've ever wanted is a black leather blazer to remind me of where I come from. Thanks, Hedi!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

I really would wear that ^

there was a brown leather blazer that looked somewhat similar to that by Yohji Yamamoto i saw at Maxfields many years ago while passing through. I wish I owned that piece; it was 3K at the time.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                              i'm looking forward to copping some Saint Laurent Selvage.
                              there's a [diffusion?] skinny line too apparently for the skinny ass playas

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

More fashion drama! An open letter to Womens Wear Daily from YSL's CEO.

YSL's Paul Deneve: 'Hedi vs. Raf' Obscures Fashion Moment

By Paul Deneve

To the Editor:

I read with interest the article published in WWD Collections on Nov. 19, "Paris Match" (comparing Hedi Slimane’s debut at Saint Laurent with Raf Simons’ debut at Dior). I always enjoy reading WWD reports but I was disappointed not to see this one take its usual neutral stance. So I’d like to make the following points:

First, the article summarizes the reviews as “comparatively tepid” for “Slimane’s reverential treatment of smokings (tuxedos) and bohemian dresses,” only quoting three editors, one of them admittedly partial (Cathy Horyn: “a cheerleader” for Raf Simons, the article says). This does not reflect the highly positive coverage Hedi Slimane received from the press commentators around the world, from France to Italy, Japan, China and the U.S.

I regret that the best-known and oldest trade journal in the fashion industry should reduce the collective talent of all designers showing in Paris to a so-called duel between two fashion houses and two men. The article accords little space to the many other creative talents who showed during Paris Fashion Week and it was about so much more than “Hedi vs. Raf.”

Finally, to caricature the arrival of Hedi Slimane at Yves Saint Laurent to a banal rivalry with another house or designer encourages people to relegate fashion to a sideshow rather than the main event. In particular, it obscures what is a much richer and I think more important moment in the fashion industry. Hedi’s choice to join YSL was motivated by a very clear vision for the house, which means round-the-clock work for him and all my teams to turn that vision into a reality for all to see and enjoy. It is also for them that I am writing, and to point out that the changes under way at Yves Saint Laurent will bring new excitement and change to the fashion industry at large.

Yours sincerely,
                                Paul Deneve
                                President and CEO,
                                Saint Laurent Paris

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎