Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matohu FW 2012-13 Tokyo

Default Matohu FW 2012-13 Tokyo

thanks to user500 at tFS i found this.
    more details here

Really strong collection from matohu..
    the colors and styling are way better than previous collections
    thx for the link rider

like the latter half of the collection better, but it is probably because i am a sucker for dark navy. also love the footwear. thx for posting, rider!

Thanks for posting this rider! I quite like this. I've been coming back to this from time to time since you posted, it's definitely growing on me. I like the softness, great colors and textures, and some interesting re-iterations of their signature cuts. I'm not usually a fan of gradients but I kinda like this, and some of the sleeves are just amazing.

It's me or pictures not displaying in first post ?
    By the way, thank for URL.
    For me, definitely i have to follow Matohu !

Reposting the pics as I can't see them either:

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Details:

This is amazing. They are consistently killing it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

these are really amazing,would prefer more detail on the designer

Quote Originally Posted by brad1981 View Post
    How about you go do more research on them and come back here and share with us what you found. Contribute something.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Really wonderful collection, I like everything about this.

Shame that it seems to be hard to get access to for anyone outside of Japan. They have an online store with a limited selection of pieces but it only does domestic shipping so you'd need a proxy, and it seems the only foreign stockist is in Russia. That stockist has an online store too, but Matohu doesn't seem to be on there yet. Only a handful of items on yahoo and rakuten too.

Here's a few selections from the backstage photos of this show (most of the ones I didn't post are just models in their street clothes though).

Quote Originally Posted by jogu View Post
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

On first glance, this could be well styled MaxMara, but on a closer look there is plenty going on.

The apparent weight of the tailoring fabrics is interesting. Looks heavy. Wonder if it is?

Tones and colour palate are superb. As good as Ackerman, but clearly different.

And I love the strength and modesty of the design.

Really wish this was more widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by brad1981 View Post
    Launched in 2005 by husband and wife Hiroyuki Horihata and Makiko Sekiguchi. Both are Bunka graduates, after which he worked as a pattern maker at Comme des Garçons, she worked as a pattern maker at Yohji Yamamoto (they were offered a sub-line of their own at Comme). They produce a lot of their own textiles and explore historical Japanese aesthetics - the first tend seasons were based on the aesthetics of the Monoyama period, 2005-2010 on the Keicho period. Basically they were not happy with the idea that Japanese designers relied on European ideals of beauty, so they focus on Japanese aesthetics, albeit reinterpreted and formed for modern living.

Oh and I absolutely love this collection, the textiles are insanely beautiful. There is so much detailing and subtle effects going on, but the full looks feel so at ease and organic.
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Faust: I did some research but end up with some info everyone might already know.really like these designers and will keep my eye on them
    ProfMonnitoff:great pics ,thx a lot
    Syed:thx for the description, I did not know they are couples. agree that the looks are quite "Japanese"