X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sverrenor
    • Feb 2012

Berlin hostels / hotels?

I see a lot of good tips and hints on where to go shopping and dining Berlin is reached. But I couldn't find anything on where to actually stay. I'm going with my brother from 31st of March to 4th of April, and it's our first time so a little guidance is highly appreciated.

Do you know if Tempelhofer Ufer 8-9 is a nice location? Found the cheapest hotel available on that address at budgetplaces.com, which was Aletto Jugendhotels Kreuzberg. Has anyone had experience with this place?

Sorry if this topic has been discussed several times before.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Indeed it has been discussed. If you just need a clean bed and a shower and do not suffer from claustrophobia, the Easy Hotel cannot be beat for money and location.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Darklands
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

hostel

Tempehofer Ufer is not a good location.

best budget hostel is aurora-hostel.net

Originally posted by Sverrenor View Post
      I see a lot of good tips and hints on where to go shopping and dining Berlin is reached. But I couldn't find anything on where to actually stay. I'm going with my brother from 31st of March to 4th of April, and it's our first time so a little guidance is highly appreciated.

Do you know if Tempelhofer Ufer 8-9 is a nice location? Found the cheapest hotel available on that address at budgetplaces.com, which was Aletto Jugendhotels Kreuzberg. Has anyone had experience with this place?

Sorry if this topic has been discussed several times before.

Comment

• Johngd
        • Feb 2009

If your going to party theres a little hippie hostel close to Berghain. Cant remember the name but it was really cheap

Comment

• Sverrenor
          • Feb 2012

I can imagine it's been discussed to death before. Sorry I brought it up again, Faust. :)

Nevertheless, thank you all for advice! I'm definitely going to check Easy Hotel, aurora-hostel.net, Meininger Hotels, Wombats Hostel, and everything close to Berghain. I might even go to Marie Germinal if it suits my brother's plans! And I know for sure Tempehofer Ufer is down the drain.

Darklands is one of the shops I'm looking forward to see the most (and perhaps spend loads of money at). Good to know it's located at Hauptbahnhof U-Bahn.

Thanks once again!

Comment

• dream
            • Nov 2007

Hostel - Circus hostel or hotel

Hotel - Amano - pricey but nice

both located near each other in the Mitte

Comment

• Sverrenor
              • Feb 2012

That would be rock n' roll, indeed! But we're going by bus from Copenhagen, so a proper bed after 7,5 hours of sitting down is vital. ;) We should hook up at Tiefgrund and have a beer!

Originally posted by DRRRK
              Cheapest way of course is to spend the first night at a club and secure a bed for the other nights.

Comment

• Sverrenor
                • Feb 2012

Danke schön, dream!

I'm about to look through all suggestions with my brother now. Closing in on where to stay.

Originally posted by dream View Post
                Hostel - Circus hostel or hotel

Hotel - Amano - pricey but nice

both located near each other in the Mitte

Comment

• Faye
                  • Apr 2009

I recently stayed in circus hotel and can highly recommend it. Don't know about the hostel...

Comment

• Roturador
                    • Jan 2011

i can recommend Circus hostel.
                    BUT to me Mitte/Prenzlauer Berg isn't the nicest area to explore anymore. kreuzberg/neukölln gives a much more honest view of what berlin is like.
                    prenzlauer berg is nice, but just a cliché...all the famous places are overrun, there are hordes of mothers with prams,many things feel anemic...but hey :D i live and work there.

if you stay at amano, there is a winebar just at the corner of the park next to the hotel...its quite nice and for danish people everything here seems to be dirtcheap! :D

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

airbnb

Comment

• Sverrenor
                        • Feb 2012

Thank you all for sharing personal experiences! My brother and I had a wild time in Berlin!

Roturador, even though we're Danish and Berlin indeed was cheaper than back home, we're also unbelievably poor students. ;) So we went with Faust's suggestion, EasyHotel, ending up paying €40,- per night. Incredible location, just two minutes' walk down Rosenthaler Strasse and we were in the very asshole of Berlin!

Really enjoyed Murkudis, Apartment, Happy Shop, and Darklands (where I of course purchased SZ-Magazine #1). Neue Odessa Bar, CCCP, and Muschi Obermaier became our favorite places during night time.

And since it was our first time there, a little intellectual trips didn't hurt either. We payed visits to Jüdisches Museum, Brandenburger Tor, and all kinds of other cultural venues.

I am so going back some day soon! Anyway, just wanted to wrap this thread up. Great to know good advice is always a klick away on SZ.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎