Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview with Tatsuro Horikawa (Julius _7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edward B
    • Nov 2010

Interview with Tatsuro Horikawa (Julius _7)

• Urthwhyte
    • Oct 2011

Link to the article source
    Last edited by Urthwhyte; 04-11-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• tron
      • Dec 2010

Neither link worked but I have the interview on my blog

also bonus video interview http://www.fashiondaily.tv/en/interv...ius-interview/
      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Hiddenaway
        • Jan 2012

I really quite like this. It's genuine and makes me really appreciate Horikawa even more. I've never been a huge fan of the clothing but there's always been a sense he's very true to himself in the designs.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

where exactly is this from? I doubt its hypebeast
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Urthwhyte
            • Oct 2011

I fixed my link - apparently I fatfingered a "]" on the end. Hypebeast doesn't list a source or link anywhere else as far as I can tell, and there was that big Julius leather thing on SF/Sufu a whiles back so they very well could've covered it then.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

seems like it really is by them. I was sure this was copypasted just like all the photos they've stolen from Scoute / SZ in the past, including Julius images.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

which julius leather thing are you referring to? I don't think I've seen it
                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Crowzer
                  • Feb 2011

Thanks for this interview.
                  I learned more about Julius.

Comment

• shuit
                    • Apr 2012

I don't really see a lot of interview from Tatsuro himself, this is gold! although it is quite short- but it tells so much about him and his personalities. Very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing! Please do upload more if you got them!

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

if you haven't, you might want to read the story where hypebeast got all of their background information. its pretty funny, they even try to fish for some of the information that was in the scoute interview, there are multiple questions that have obvious references to it.

Comment

• shuit
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        if you haven't, you might want to read the story where hypebeast got all of their background information. its pretty funny, they even try to fish for some of the information that was in the scoute interview, there are multiple questions that have obvious references to it.

http://scoute.org/creators/julius
                        thank you very much Lowrey, if you have more please post it up- I really want to know more of his background and inspiration.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

this is as thorough as it gets, I doubt you'll find another interview that digs as deep

Comment

• Zenith
                            • Jun 2009

I'm a bit surprised for his love of "pure deep black". If that's the case, then why have there been so many blue/grey/offshoot colours recently? Even black tones in Julius are bombarded with intentional brown and grey hues.
                            Last edited by Zenith; 04-15-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

NHK World did a feature on Julius last month. It offers interesting insight in to Horikawa's inspirations, design process, history and target audience. The feature follows him around as he prepared for the FW12 Paris presentation, the discussions on the nerves he experiences before presenting on the runway and his thoughts on the critique of his work were particularly interesting.

The episode can be downloaded from here.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎