Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview with Tatsuro Horikawa (Julius _7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

^ Cheers for that D, it was a great to see behind the scenes of the runway show. Seems like a really likeable and down-to-earth guy. I liked how he laughed and said "Nothing is new."

Comment

• andrewrockstar
      • Sep 2012

http://5cm.tumblr.com/post/317297058...wa-julius-this or https://vimeo.com/49599816
      Last edited by andrewrockstar; 09-17-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

so did you register here just to re-repost a video you reposted on your blog..?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• andrewrockstar
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          so did you register here just to re-repost a video you reposted on your blog..?
          nope. I posted this video only because it's on vimeo. I registered here because I'm intrested in obscur\_julius\bbs like style and discovered that this forum is a bit unique.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

That's where StyleZeitgeist magazine comes in.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• i-d-g
              • Sep 2012

the notion of something draping because of the stress that it has been exposed to just struck me.

it's really fascinating because i always viewed drapery as a natural, easy element.

i definitely just became immensely more interested in tatsuro's work
              “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• Eon
                • Mar 2014

Hello to all. I've been searching for a copy of this Tokyo Fashion Express segment about Tatsuro Horikawa. I've really been anxious to see it as I've become a big fan of the man. I want to learn more from him and gain an understanding of his viewpoints. The links from the blog are dead and there are no other re-uploads in the web as far as I've searched. I've also contacted dji himself in the hope that he would have it but unfortunately no. Anyone that can lend a hand on this is no doubt appreciated.

Originally posted by dji View Post
                NHK World did a feature on Julius last month. It offers interesting insight in to Horikawa's inspirations, design process, history and target audience. The feature follows him around as he prepared for the FW12 Paris presentation, the discussions on the nerves he experiences before presenting on the runway and his thoughts on the critique of his work were particularly interesting.

The episode can be downloaded from here.

Comment

• TheArchitect
                  • Jul 2013

you can read the itw here http://shoshanapisan.tumblr.com/post/3237121892
                  https://www.facebook.com/arootsorg

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TheArchitect View Post
                    This seems to be the only interview close to being anywhere considered detailed, with him online. Anyone has any other ones?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎