Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Archive CDG/Junya/Undercover Archive Rarities & Museum Pieces Sz S & M

Comme des Garçons
    Geometric Skirt w/ Asymmetrical Hem and Camouflage Details at Waist
    SS 2001
    Size M - runs small
    Notes: key piece of SS 2001 collection, panel seaming, asymmetrical hem. I am wearing it with two CDG flat pack tops. I am 5'4", 31.5-24-33.5, around 100 lbs.

Waist: 29"
    Length from waist to longest point on hem: 37"

Condition: Pristine. Slight yellowing on inside of skirt where camouflage appliqúe has been added.

Detail of fabric:

Asking: $425 Fees and shipping included. $20 supplement to ship outside of US.

Comme des Garcons
    Twill Woven Doubled Fabric Skirt

SS 1999
    The skirt is made of two skirts connected together, one sewn on top of the other.

Made in Japan
    Fabrication 100% Polyester - The fabric - I'll add fabric detail shots on request is a thick woven twill. It is unlined. Darts at waist and waistband. Slit in back.

Measurements:
    Waist: 25" - note that the waist is true to size Small for CDG of this era.
    Hips: 36"
    Length: 34"

[/url]

Here, I'm wearing the skirt askew so that the doubled effect is underscored. Note, the safety pin does not come with the skirt - I took it off another piece of CDG I own.
    [/url]

Skirt is not worn askew here.
    [/url]

Two fully finished skirts that have been sewn together comprise this skirt. Truly revolutionary and historical design.

Condition: in extraordinary condition for its age. No fading, pulls or pilling. 9.5/10

Asking: $375 PP fees and shipping included CONUS. $25 shipping supplement for shipping via EMS outside of US.
    Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 10-07-2012, 02:33 AM.
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Undercover SS 2004 RARE Languid Dress Sz S Look 10 Pristine Condition

Beautiful lavender dress from SS 2004 Languid collection by Jun Takahashi of Undercover.

This dress is rare. The garments from this collection came down the runway each as a one half of a pair, in which each garment evinced exaggerated details that nonetheless were clearly extreme versions of a basic idea that unified that particular pair coming down the runway.

This dress fits an IT 40 best. It is in brand new, unworn pristine condition as I purchased it for my garment collection.

Fabrication: cotton/satin with satin stripes interspersed. This is the shorter dress of the pair.

Styling: I am wearing the dress with a silk chiffon vest from Lost & Found and white Guidi hand painted platform sandals without heels.

Measurements:
    Shoulder 14.75"
    Bust 36"
    Length 39"

[/url]

Meant to fit loosely, aka "housewife style"

Asking $345 + 10 shipping/insurance CONUS, $20 shipping/tracking outside of US. PP fees included.
    Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 12-08-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Comme des Garçons Tricot
      Tartan Plaid Skirt with Attached Large External Pocket Worn 3-ways

AW 1999

Measurements:
      Waist 28"
      Hips 34"
      Length 35"

Notes: absolutely unique construction. Skirt can be worn in three ways: with pocket on side, front or back.
      Very large external, attached pocket w button flap closure typically found on menswear.

Condition: 10/10 As new. Never been worn. A rarity from this era!

Worn with pocket at side:

Pocket worn in the back

Pocket worn in the front like a "kangaroo pouch"

As usual, a tour de force example in pattern-making:

The pocket covers the seams that allow for the curvature of the hips will maintaining a straight silhouette.

Asking: $295 PP fees and shipping included CONUS. $25 EMS shipping supplement outside of US.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

Comme des Garçons AW2004 ultra rare draped mohair cardigan. OSFA

Comme des Garçons AW2004
        Ultra Rare Draped Mohair Cardigan.

One size fits all.

Fabrication: 70% Mohair 30% Nylon

Details:
        One sleeve has been turned inside-out and sewn on inside-out.
        Sleeves project in opposite directions when laid flat
        One size fits all. You should close the cardigan with a pin or brooch
        Low gauge knit
        Cardigan is in excellent condition and will arrive newly cleaned
        I have worn it only a couple of times.

Detail of cardigan construction:

Asking: SOLD
        Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 05-01-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
          • Oct 2010

Yohji Yamamoto U-Cut Heeless Oxfords Size JP 4 fits US 6.5-7
          NIB

I bought these both in black and white and I wore the white ones to death. I've been hoarding these for quite a while - they're amazing, comfortable shoes.

Measurements:

Length of outsole: a little over 25 cm
          Greatest width of sole: 7.5 cm
          Heel (including the 'hidden' heel inside): 1.5 cm

Heel (external): 0.8 cm

Comme des Garcons
          Twill Woven Doubled Fabric Skirt

SS 1999
          The skirt is made of two skirts connected together, one sewn on top of the other.

Made in Japan
          Fabrication 100% Polyester - The fabric - I'll add fabric detail shots on request is a thick woven twill. It is unlined. Darts at waist and waistband. Slit in back.

Measurements:
          Waist: 25" - note that the waist is true to size Small for CDG of this era.
          Hips: 36"
          Length: 34"

[/url]

Here, I'm wearing the skirt askew so that the doubled effect is underscored. Note, the safety pin does not come with the skirt - I took it off another piece of CDG I own.
          [/url]

Skirt is not worn askew here.
          [/url]

Two fully finished skirts that have been sewn together comprise this skirt. Truly revolutionary and historical design.

Condition: in extraordinary condition for its age. No fading, pulls or pilling. 9.5/10

Asking: $375 PP fees and shipping included CONUS. $25 shipping supplement for shipping via EMS outside of US. ---Price DROP $250
          [/FONT]
          Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 11-18-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
            • Oct 2010

Unisex Undercover SS 2006 "T" (or KLAUS) Unisex Blazer, Top-stitched Back w Knit, Removable Hood
            Size 3, Size conversion: IT 44

Fits True to Size if not slightly large for Undercover 3

Length 26.5"
            PtP/Bust 21.5"
            Sleeve 26.5"

Hood is attached with snaps and a hidden zipper. Appropriate looking wear to the metal detailing on the lining of the hood.

Notched Placket, Single Button Closure, Single Button Cuff, No Vent, Two slash exterior pockets (not sagging!), Top-stitched detailing in Back, Two interior pockets

Asking: $495 conus, $40 shipping outside of US. PP fees inclusive.

MBD
            Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 09-13-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons Vertical and Horizontal Pleated Skirt - one of the most classic, basic and best selling skirts from CDG. 2008

I just saw this being sold for $500 since it is *the* classic skirt from Tricot.

Waist is elasticized, and tied with a string.
              Waist 26" unstretched, 33" stretched
              Length 26"

I have a couple of these skirts, and this one is in new condition. I don't recall wearing it yet.

Asking: $295 conus. $25 shipping supplement outside of US. PP fees included.

Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 11-18-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

Junya Watanabe for CDG
                Glitter "Converse Chuck Taylors" with Pointy Toe

Sz WMS M (US 8 - 8.5)
                Minimal Heel Erasure
                A minimal amount of glitter coating has come off. No surface discoloration; overall fine condition.

Write for measurements:

In the interest of full disclosure, wear appears as follows:
                slight yellowing of rubber sole edges
                very minimal wear resulting in loss of glitter

Asking: $220 USD CONUS. $25 shipping supplement outside of US. PP fees included.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

Junya Watanabe SS 2003
                  "Parachute Collection" Rare 2 piece set

100% Virgin Wool Blazer with Buckle Across Bust w Adjustable Straps
                  and
                  100% Virgin Wool Long Bustle Skirt w Adjustable Straps

These pieces are much more commonly found in cotton (and I already have both in cotton so I'm selling these pieces in nearly new condition.)

The adjustable straps make it possible for you to change the silhouette in many ways and to adjust the size so that it fits a variety of sizes. I typically wear either SS (XS) or S in CDG/Junya.

Jacket: Sz S (will fit XS/SS or S)
                  Measurements
                  Shoulders: 15"
                  Bust: 36"
                  Waist: 28" (if jacket is closed). 36" if opened
                  Condition: NWOT 10/10 (I also have this in cotton and so have not worn this one.)

Junya Watanabe for CDG SS 2003
                  Fitted Parachute Skirt with very adjustable straps
                  Skirt: Sz M
                  Measurements (fully adjustable. fits xs, small and medium, too)

Waist: 28-29"
                  Hips: Max 38"
                  Length: Max 39"

NWOT (I've never worn it - I tend to wear my cotton SS 2003 pieces. It only needs to be ironed, which I will do before sending it out.)

Both pieces SOLD (I would be happy to keep them but as it is, they're sort of duplicative so I can let them go.)

These pieces are exceptionally rare in this fabric and in this condition. (Ten years old!)

Price inclusive of shipping in US, PP fees anywhere. $50 supplement to ship outside of US via insured EMS.

MBD
                  Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-01-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                    • Oct 2010

Paul Harnden Volumnous Knit Bustle Skirt (M fits S-M) and Wool Jacket (M-fits XS-S)

Paul Harnden

Paul Harnden "Early 'Nautical' Asymmetrical Placket Jacket -- an experiment with boiled wool -- with Stand-up Collar"

pre-owned. no piling. some discoloration around leather button backs visible in lining.

Size M - fits quite small XS - S. I wear size S in contemporary Paul Harnden. Although the measurements may suggest otherwise, a few details in combination add up to make this jacket more snug that you may expect.

Covered buttons. 5 button cuff. All buttons backed with signature Harnden leather, hand-applied button backs.

Two slit pockets - one breast, the other at the waist - on jacket's frontside.

No vent in back.

Those details making it fit smaller are the following:

1) the cut and proportions of this jacket, specifically, the sleeve and shortened body length make this jacket feel snug;

2) What's more, boiled wool is has more volume and bulk than a simple felted wool and the cotton lining in beige is more bulky due to the intentional "rustic" quality of the cotton chosen for use as lining.

Measurements when buttoned:

Shoulder: 15"
                    Bust: 35"
                    Body Length: 22.5"
                    Sleeve Length: 21"

Worn with buttons unaligned (I tend to wear this jacket this way)
                    Bust: 36"

Wearing it open, or with cuff buttons undone will also make quite a bit more room.

Paul Harnden Classic Bustle Skirt in Heavy Gauge Knit Wool with "Cool" Cotton Poplin Lining

Size M

Skirt is worn in photos with jacket above. More detailed photos to come.

Waist: 28" - 29" I usually wear S in Paul Harnden but can adopt to many sizes (styling is the key.)
                    Length: 31"

For comparison, my natural waist is around 24".

The wool has quite a bit of volume to it, and the cotton lining contributes to it. That said, I love the cotton, which is a poplin with a "crisp, cool" hand that Harnden uses to line his garments. So great for for winter.

Two cotton strings for easy hanging of skirt.

Has classic 6 leather button off-center front closure. Poplin trim. Knit bustle in back.

Asking what I recall paying: SOLD
                    Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-01-2013, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Yohji Yamamoto Noir
                      Column Skirt in Black Canvas

With Stitched Fold (reminiscent of the AW1998 CDG pieces) running down the front of the skirt.
                      Zips closed in the back and snaps closed
                      Vent is at the based of the front fold

Size 1

Measurements:

Waist 28"
                      Hips 36"
                      Length 28.5"

This is a great basic. It's brand new.
                      Foundational piece of any wardrobe.

Asking SOLD
                      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-01-2013, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Comme des Garcons
                        RARE
                        AW 2009 'wonderland' Blanket Coat

Velveteen Blanket Base with Fleece Wool Trench Details "Face"

Pre-owned, excellent condition: 9.5/10
                        Size Japan S

More photos in the archive.

Size Conversions US XS-S Fits 0-4 (slim 6) IT 40 UK 8-10
                        (please see measurements and fit pictures on me below for most accurate sizing)

for size reference, I am 5' 4" (163 cm), around 100 lbs +/- 3 lbs (42-44 kg), 31.5" - 24" - 34" (80-62-86 cm). Wear XS in CDG 2009, US 0-2, IT 36-38.

As such, the coat fits one size large. See measurements below for best fit.

Fabric Composition

Fabrication: Rayon 55% Polyeurethane 5% Cotton 40%,
                        Attachment: 90% Wool, 10% Nylon (to lighten weight of fabric)

Measurements:

Shoulders: 14.50" - 15" (raglan sleeve, approximation)
                        Length: 36" length of face - 48" longest part of asymmetrically positioned blanket (Measured from center of neck in back to back hem)
                        Bust: 34-36"
                        Sleeve: 24.5"

Asking SOLD
                        Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 10-14-2013, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Junya Watanabe for Comme des Garcons
                          SS 2006 Infamous Reconstructed Military Surplus Collection

Size SS/XS will fit up to a 32" waist but is meant to be worn baggy.

Style: JR-P032
                          Fabrication: 90% Wool, 10% Nylon

Measurements:
                          32" waist
                          10 3/4" rise
                          26 1/4" inseam

Details: Belt loops at thighs for "restriction" wearing
                          Condition: Excellent - as new. Worn once. Comes with fabric sample and extra button.

Fit pics:

Asking for: $300 including shipping and PP in US, $20 shipping supplement outside of US. PRICE DROP $225 + shipping
                          Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 11-18-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

All prices include 4% paypal fee. Do not send as "gift."
                            Comme des Garcons/Comme des Garcons "Comme Comme"
                            Made in France

Heavy Gauge Knit Cardigan, Safety Pin Closure with Classic Gingham Half-Lining

below: styled with Paul Harnden thin cotton poplin shirt and Carpe Diem skirt.

Measurements follow S, this fits an XS better, however, due to the shorter sleeve length (usually 23" for small.) Also better for someone with a short torso or my height (5'4") or less due to length of body.

Bust: 34" - 36" (flexible given there is no closure)
                            Shoulder: 15"
                            Sleeve: 22"
                            Length: 20"

Asking: SOLD (due to bulk).

Undercover/Undercover(ism)
                            SS 2010 Braun/Dieter Rams -inspired collection
                            "Radio/Appliance" Leather Box Clutch with Topstitch Handle
                            New with original papers

From a collection inspired by the particular form of minimalism employed by Dieter Rams at Braun.

Asking: SOLD.

Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 11-18-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

Junya -- cardigans from AW 2008. RARE Junya Hammer Brass Zipper Skirt from SS 2005

1) AW 2008 Junya Watanabe Dual Layer, Blue-Gray Big Snaps Cardigan, Size M

Condition: There was a small snag 10 cm from the tail on the left side in the back. I repaired and darned the snag using my knitting needles. It's not a perfect job, but you can't see the snag unless you're really inspecting the garment. The asking price has been adjusted to reflect this minor imperfection.

2) AW 2008 Junya Watanabe Houndstooth North-South Reverse Fake Fur Trim Houndstooth Cardigan/Coat with three big snaps closure -- luxurious wear, size JP S. Fits XS-M with SM ideal.

Condition: Excellent - no visible wear or imperfections. Has been worn once or twice by me.

Asking: $525v PP fees & shipping included in US. $40 shipping supplement outside of US.

3) Junya Watanabe for Comme des Garçons
                              Women's Houndstooth "scrunch" Vest/Cardigan w/ Big Snaps
                              Womens AW 2008 (AD 2008)
                              Product: JB-J032
                              Fabrication: 92% Wool, 4% Nylon, 4% Polyurethane, Lining 100% Nylon, Sleeve 100% Polyester
                              Made in Japan

Cardigan with Big Snaps Closure, size M Fits XS-M with S-M ideal

Here is the entry in the garment archives with clear photos.

Asking: $415 PP fees & shipping included in US. $25 shipping supplement outside of US.

4) SS 2005 Junya Watanabe Switching Panels Cotton Skirt Size M, fits XS-L (up to 32")

Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 10-14-2013, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎