Clear All
  • gothified
    • Apr 2012

Draped Shirt

I made this last weekend.

gothified
  • gothified
    • Apr 2012

Thanks! The detail is created by wrapping one of the attached straps around my hands (sorry, it's not so easy to see from the pics because of the bad quality). I tried to make it as versatile as possible, you can wrap the straps around the hands, the arms or just roll up the sleeves (they're open from the elbow down), the draped lapel is fastened with a pin so you can wear it in different ways.
    gothified

Comment

• Danse Générale
      • May 2011

i like the way the fabric falls & drapes in contrast to the sharpness of the cut.

Would be interesting to get some more details on fabric used & the "open-sleeve-thing"...... did you make your own pattern?

Comment

• gothified
        • Apr 2012

The fabric is a very lightweight cotton fabric called crushed mull, it's similar to the stuff bandages are made from (gauze?).

I used a normal pattern for a shirt and just modified it a bit, left out some unnecessary stuff (cuffs and patch pockets for example). I had a pretty good idea before but basically made the modifications while working with it. For the lapels I just added a huge triangle where the buttons were supposed to be and did the same for the forearm parts of the sleeves. And instead of sewing all of the sleeve I wrapped it around my arm and only made some stitches from my armpit to just above my elbow, then left the rest as it was. It really was more of a trial-and-error approach... :D
        gothified

Comment

• alyen
          • Oct 2015

Sad, I can't see it since the photos have been removed.

I've made a draped t-shirt too.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎