X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swami
    • Jul 2008

ROMA & NAPOLI

There has got to be something cool to do in Rome( End of May) outside of the usual suspects .

Have Degli & Motel Salieri already on my radar but any other tips would be much appreciated without which I have to submit to my dearest helming the entire 10 days in Italy

SHOPPING / FOOD / THEATER / MUSIC

Grazie mille!
  • mortalveneer
    • Jan 2008

i'm gonna be in rome july and august its looking like, so i'll second this ask...
    I am not who you think I am

Comment

• josecc
      • Feb 2012

Me too at the end of may. Food and shopping? Because art is well known

Comment

• swami
        • Jul 2008

Sooooo , Not much shopping in Rome but worth a visit to the following

MOTEL SALIERI : has an excellent collection of Devoa & some LUC / The highlight is their CCP room with quite a large collection of footwear & clothing / The leather horse is cray cray!

FALIERO SARTI : Nice little boutique near Spagna / Mainly womens scarves

DEGLI : Tons of Augusta / Decent collection of CCP but not much footwear / I think pretty much most of their stuff is online. Really nice folks! The womens store is like a Roman IF

We decided to stay on Specchi near Piazza Argentina ( Also try and get Opera tkts at the Teatro Argentina its awesome)… away from the tourists / Nice Artsy neighborhood with tons of galleries & artist workshops

Highly recommend a day trip to Pompeii & since you are already halfway there a few days in Capri

Thanks to a Roman member’s recommendations we tried a couple of real nice restaurants but honestly just eat anywhere that the menu is not translated in English & you will be fine !

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎