Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Just had a nice buying experience with Seven Helsinki. Shipping was fast and when I encountered some postal problems Raoul always answered my e-mails fast and friendly and even left a little note inside the package.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Coming
      • Sep 2013

speaking of odd grailed sellers

What is the story with this guy who has literally dozens of CCP sneakers and shoes in multiple sizes brand new shipping from china

Buy, sell and discover authenticated pieces from top brands, spanning designer, vintage, streetwear and more. Shop men's and women's clothing on Grailed, the platform for personal style. Explore top listings from the community today.

They don't look counterfeit

Is it some type of money laundering? I know that capital controls make it difficult to get money out of China so maybe they can buy this shit on credit card and then sell it for USD in someone else's overseas account

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Coming View Post
        speaking of odd grailed sellers

What is the story with this guy who has literally dozens of CCP sneakers and shoes in multiple sizes brand new shipping from china

Buy, sell and discover authenticated pieces from top brands, spanning designer, vintage, streetwear and more. Shop men's and women's clothing on Grailed, the platform for personal style. Explore top listings from the community today.

They don't look counterfeit

Is it some type of money laundering? I know that capital controls make it difficult to get money out of China so maybe they can buy this shit on credit card and then sell it for USD in someone else's overseas account
        the grey coat was bought from a Japanese used reseller site for half the price he is offering it for.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• byhand
          • Dec 2011

There are much easier ways to get cash out of China, and if the seller does have such a motivation he could have opted for an asset with much more liquidity than designer goods.

Comment

• 13we2
            • Sep 2015

You'd be surprised how many Chinese kids are in for the CCP game these days and the size of their CCP collection. Kind of a new hobby for the "Asian kids with rich parents" or them being the targeted customer for the local resellers.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
              • Sep 2015

I know this is a few months on... but I'm curious as to what you know, E. The imagination leads me to many conclusions, but I feel like you're privy to something I can't think of. I mean, Grailed's staff is... they're just not people I would associate with the niche fashion community. They just come off as Bay Area start-up stereotypes. I guess their main course is especially streetwear now, but it's strange to see them write about the likes of CCP.
              who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• goldsamxo
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
                I know this is a few months on... but I'm curious as to what you know, E. The imagination leads me to many conclusions, but I feel like you're privy to something I can't think of. I mean, Grailed's staff is... they're just not people I would associate with the niche fashion community. They just come off as Bay Area start-up stereotypes. I guess their main course is especially streetwear now, but it's strange to see them write about the likes of CCP.
                Most of them are into fashion, but more-so archival Raf & what-not. I hung-out around the staff once & they're not the typical people you'd see associating with Carol, nor do they really care about him so much - it's more of a commercial move to draw outsiders (like SZ members) into their website - plus the more they can sell CCP, the more money they can make.
                Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Lex1017
                  • Jul 2015

Aren't the grailed staff just hypebeasts who have driven the value of items sold on there down in order to be luxury hypebeasts?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
                    Let's say it's stuff I cannot discuss on record without consulting a lawyer.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DollyDagger
                      • Oct 2017

Dear all,

Is anybody else having serious problems with SutoCorp, this once great service?

I placed an order one month ago and SutoCorp haven't shipping order yet. All I get is a never ending string of excuses.

I am so sorry to begin my membership here on a negative tangent but I saw an old post by Faust when reading up on old posts, so I thought I'd post an heads up.

Comment

• byhand
                        • Dec 2011

Another seamless experience with Atelier New York. I don't even bother tracking the packages as they always appear within two business days at my particular location.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

As much as I dislike darklands, I gotta say their Hyperstation sales assistant is a ice guy. No pressure / weird looks whatsoever.
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                            As much as I dislike darklands, I gotta say their Hyperstation sales assistant is a ice guy. No pressure / weird looks whatsoever.
                            Ive bought from hyperstation before, it was really easy and they were really nice and sent everything on time and got my package promptly. no time to go to Berlin last month, but I was in Germany, had a good experience in Munich with Hide-M and Samsa-G Tuchwaren. I seriously recommend visiting both locations. Hide has a new nice open space with a very diverse selection of footwear and lots of interesting pieces, it is especially a recommendation for someone who has no idea where to start because they have a lot of classic pieces that I found to be perfect for someone who is just getting started.

Samsa-G is not so much what I would describe a retail experience, more like an experience in general, I seriously have no words to describe it and its something that must be seen in person, basically. Its an impressive place. One could say its the equivalent of walking into a time machine or parallel dimension, it sounds like an exaggeration, but as someone who is not European, it certainly felt like something out of a parallel dimension or something, due to the setting(and decor? can one even call it decor??). I would just see it if you can.
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by zuchte
                              I've had a strange experience with Thassos from the Office.
                              Basically, I asked for the password for his website. When I found out it didn't work, I asked him again after which he gave me the same information again. A day later I asked him a final time and he became incredibly unpleasant. He spammed me asking me what I plan to do with the password in a very passive aggressive way. I later asked him why he would think why I would have any ill intentions, no answer yet.

Just to clarify, I already spent 1000's at him and had long conversations with him before. Now he treats me like I'm some sort of new customer.

Same kind of stories here, the guy is fucking nuts. Just search this forum about the Office. It's like Darklands - Cyprus edition (However I didn't experienced problems with DL myself).
                              Grailed link

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by zuchte
                                From what I've seen on forums is that he's supposedly a good guy, which is why I was so surprised by his behaviour. I asked him why he's acting like this to me and he hasn't replied in days. After multiple transactions and always being polite to him... I feel like I've been thrown away like trash.
                                Not sure if this adds, but I have placed an order with the Office three times and all times have been perfect.
                                But it always feels a bit unsafe to put down a deposit, which you will not see anything from for more than a year, to someone who does not have a retail location or anything else that will affirm me in some way that they won't run away with my money (even though paypal offers some sort of protection).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎