Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

has anyone in the U.S. ever purchased from guyi consignment? I've been in contact with him and so far seems like a honest, decent guy.

Comment

• goldsamxo
      • Jan 2017

Huge huge shout-out to Atelier New York & especially Thomas who works there. Ever since I moved to NYC in January I've been going there weekly to hangout & look at clothes, and they've always been so inviting to me & kind. I don't have much money (college student), but because they're so friendly and always welcoming, I picked up a Yang Li shirt recently just to support some.
      Amazing people - Amazing service - Amazing clothes, and they're the place I finally got to see DEEPTI in person : )
      Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
      Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• mikko
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by rider View Post
        has anyone in the U.S. ever purchased from guyi consignment? I've been in contact with him and so far seems like a honest, decent guy.
        Visited their 'store' last year and they were very cool and helpful even though I didn't buy anything.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
          Huge huge shout-out to Atelier New York & especially Thomas who works there. Ever since I moved to NYC in January I've been going there weekly to hangout & look at clothes, and they've always been so inviting to me & kind. I don't have much money (college student), but because they're so friendly and always welcoming, I picked up a Yang Li shirt recently just to support some.
          Amazing people - Amazing service - Amazing clothes, and they're the place I finally got to see DEEPTI in person : )
          Thomas is one of the sweetest people you will meet. The whole crew is great. We had a great time when I ran the StyleZeitgeist pop-up there.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Halibut
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rider View Post
            I have made one purchase from Guyi. Everything went smoothly. The prices are a bit high on some stuff and the shipping is expensive but I believe it's all legit. I suspect he mostly caters to the Chinese market and he has a brick and mortar shop. The English site is probably just to cash in on a bit of international clientele like us.

Comment

• goldsamxo
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Thomas is one of the sweetest people you will meet. The whole crew is great. We had a great time when I ran the StyleZeitgeist pop-up there.
              Hope you guys throw another one soon Faust! Really hoping to meet everyone from the community in person, it's nice living in NYC now being able to be around everyone. Really excited to hopefully get a job soon (Parson's is so demanding currently), so I can pick up more from Atelier.
              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Calculus is again excellent, this time Graham easing my Rick neuroses with really detailed and helpful sizing advice. Can't take that for granted, gotta support the smaller boutiques who know their product and appreciate their customers.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Yohji store in London made my day! I've been using the YYPH perfume for years but ran out several months ago. I've tried ordering it but it's trickier than I thought, for example the UK doesn't allow shipping perfume. I was finally in London, and they were out of it too. I was bummed until they told me to wait, and after a while, had dug up their last tester bottle (nearly full too) which the lovely lady just gave to me ❤️
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    Yohji store in London made my day! I've been using the YYPH perfume for years but ran out several months ago. I've tried ordering it but it's trickier than I thought, for example the UK doesn't allow shipping perfume. I was finally in London, and they were out of it too. I was bummed until they told me to wait, and after a while, had dug up their last tester bottle (nearly full too) which the lovely lady just gave to me ❤️
                    Ha, that is truly nice. I'm going to Tokyo, so let me know if you want another one.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

This should last me fine til Paris!
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I keep forgetting that there is a YY store in Paris, haha...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• agentred
                          • Jul 2009

I'm sure it's been well covered here, but zenmarket.jp are an excellent proxy service. Everything is automatic and easy, but the help desk is very responsive for more manual things.

I wanted stuff from obscure web stores in Japan which weren't in the system and they priced them, bought them and shipped them with zero requests for extra payment even though it would've been more work for them.

Comment

• blackdeath
                            • Apr 2016

ive ordered from guyi for years now. always a professional smooth transaction. the prices have gone on up but they have across the "resale market" over the past few years for the specific brands they carry because of the "rick owens effect".

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by blackdeath View Post
                              ive ordered from guyi for years now. always a professional smooth transaction. the prices have gone on up but they have across the "resale market" over the past few years for the specific brands they carry because of the "rick owens effect".
                              Guyi consignment was a great transaction for me too. Always stayed in touch and followed my coat to the U.S. to let me know when it would arrive. Sending EMS may take 10-14 days but once it leaves China it can be tracked on USPS. I don't mind paying for something I've wanted and havent been able to find anywhere else. I got a coat that was still less than I would have paid stateside and it is in perfect condition.

Comment

• haydn
                                • Feb 2013

Another great experience with Graham at Calculus. Well packaged, quick turnaround, great follow up. A thoughtful note accompanying my order seemed above and beyond what most online retailers are doing these days. I hope these details continue as he grows his business.

Side note; has anyone ordered from Hervia (UK) recently? Pricing is advantageous due to currency and they remove the vat tax when shipping to USA / Canada. I just received a RO black veltet glitter blazer from them with one button having already fallen off and one just about to. Seems odd that it would be packed and shipped in that condition.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎