Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
    Cruvoir ... any experiences / insights to share regarding them?

Thanks..
    Hmm, I was sure you know being an old member that it started out really shady and Cody has been banned from here and SuFu. Against all odds he still has managed to build a store and brands work with them (which goes to show you that brands need accounts no matter how shady). There was even talk of opening a physical store, not sure where this is at. I would say stay away unless there is something they have that you can't find elsewhere.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• haydn
      • Feb 2013

Cruvoir ... any experiences / insights to share regarding them?

Thanks..
      Great service - although it's been about two years and I think he's grown significantly since then. He was great with communication and packing - not to mention pretty generous with discounts on past season items. Sign up for the newsletter - there is almost always a promo code available.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by haydn View Post
        Great service - although it's been about two years and I think he's grown significantly since then. He was great with communication and packing - not to mention pretty generous with discounts on past season items. Sign up for the newsletter - there is almost always a promo code available.
        Yeah, no wonder people who are really passionate about what they do can barely get by.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Hmm, I was sure you know being an old member that it started out really shady and Cody has been banned from here and SuFu. Against all odds he still has managed to build a store and brands work with them (which goes to show you that brands need accounts no matter how shady). There was even talk of opening a physical store, not sure where this is at. I would say stay away unless there is something they have that you can't find elsewhere.
          Thanks Eugene. I was somewhat aware that the person behind Cruvoir had a past connection with SZ, just didn't know the details ...

Comment

• uve
            • Oct 2015

Thanks Eugene. I was somewhat aware that the person behind Cruvoir had a past connection with SZ, just didn't know the details ...
            There is a physical store, and I met with the owner after setting up an appointment. The space was nice, maybe slightly claustrophobic because of the racks full of merchandise compared to its modest size. The prices were very good, same with the service. May be the only place on the west coast US to see a large selection of M_MoriABC boots in person.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by uve View Post
              There is a physical store, and I met with the owner after setting up an appointment. The space was nice, maybe slightly claustrophobic because of the racks full of merchandise compared to its modest size. The prices were very good, same with the service. May be the only place on the west coast US to see a large selection of M_MoriABC boots in person.
              So, it's like Darklands - a warehouse masquerading as a store.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uve
                • Oct 2015

So, it's like Darklands - a warehouse masquerading as a store.
                That isn't a bad assessment. My guess is given the breakdown in web vs in-store sales, the same description could well fit a significant number of such businesses. And yes, the designers will sell to anyone. The discounts offered are ubiquitous enough to come across as standard industry practice, present even where the ownership is leisure activity of the independently-wealthy. My understanding of its dynamics is limited, but the impression I have is that most established designers & producers of merchandise do not sell on commission, and it is precisely those shop owners' leisure activity that subsidizes the people who are really passionate about what they do. Whether the customer purchases something at full price, deep discount or secondary market, the wholesale transaction between producer and retailer is done.
                Last edited by uve; 12-21-2016, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• clay
                  • Sep 2006

Yes, you should have protection from your credit card. This happens enough times and they know it happens.You never rcvd the merchandise and they should return your money (credit card company). A friend of mine had a problem with a store and the credit card company took the money back from the store. It was beautiful.

Comment

• Kuat
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Maison d'Ashraf View Post
                    ordered a couple of things from Calculus this past couple of weeks... and again received great customer service, product advice, and got my package (still waiting on one more) in a timely manner.... package also included a personal letter from Graham..... those who have ordered from re-porter/ Calculus know how great the service is as well as product selection, and those who havent should not hesitate to do so...
                    I also placed my second order during holidays at Calculus. Feels good to help out a relatively new store and Graham is always a pleasure to deal with. Personal letter was a nice touch.

Though my all time favorite got to be Holger from hide-m. Friendliest guy ever who will bend over backwards for you with a great taste which translates to quality stock.

Comment

• oulipien
                      • Feb 2016

I had a kind of bizarre experience with cruvoir a while ago where they sent me the wrong size pants—which had been mistagged by the label, iirc, so not on them, but they were very condescending in communication. (It seems to be a store policy to begin every email with "We are pleased to inform you that …", which is not a great beginning no matter what and is really bad when the information that follows is false.)

They used to have an address listed but if you went there it was just a box out in Glendale. I gather one can make appointments but when I tried to do so recently my email vanished into the void.

Comment

• boodude
                        • Oct 2012

Just a note of praise to the guys at IDOL BROOKLYN. Although I met Alex and Wei diring the Grey Market days this was my first purchase with them and I was mind blown by their stellar customer service: Bought smthg last Friday and left a message that I am going away early this week so they should delay shipping my purchase with a week or so, so I am back when it arrives. Instead Alex threw in complimentary next day delivery to Canada on an already heavily discounted item. ( so i got it today) Mind blowing customer service and really looking forward to buying from them again. These guys along with Graham from Calculus/re-porter are simply on another level of customer service!
                        Last edited by boodude; 01-30-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by boodude View Post
                          Just a note of praise to the guys at IDOL BROOKLYN. Although I met Alex and Wei diring the Grey Market days this was my first purchase with them and I was mind blown by their stellar customer service: Bought smthg last Friday and left a message that I am going away early this week so they should delay shipping my purchase with a week or so, so I am back when it arrives. Instead Alex threw in complimentary next day delivery to Canada on an already heavily discounted item. ( so i got it today) Mind blowing customer service and really looking forward to buying from them again. These guys along with Graham from Calculus/re-porter are simply on another level of customer service!
                          Definitely going to agree about the guys at Idol and the Calculus team!
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• augustinn
                            • Sep 2013

I've had recent flawless online transactions with both IDOL BROOKLYN and RE.PORTER as well as CRUVOIR.
                            Gotta love late night replies to my questions.
                            Last edited by augustinn; 02-05-2017, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• byhand
                              • Dec 2011

I second the praise for Holger from hide-m. He will act as your personal hound dog to hunt down an item for you and is happy to contact designers to inquire about special orders. Gives the impression that he has nothing to do in the world but see to your happiness, which is a wonderful and fairly rare thing these days.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                                • Jun 2013

Looks like Oki-ni may have gone under. Annoyingly, just as I was about to buy a pair of Rick creeper boots in the sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎