Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

The whole thing is such a sham, haha. I wouldn't be surprised if this was Carol's way of opening a store without doing such an awful dirty thing like opening a store. Because, you know, he's such an artist...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian_doe
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
      Not sure if this adds, but I have placed an order with the Office three times and all times have been perfect.
      But it always feels a bit unsafe to put down a deposit, which you will not see anything from for more than a year, to someone who does not have a retail location or anything else that will affirm me in some way that they won't run away with my money (even though paypal offers some sort of protection).
      I am inclined from my own 2-3 years of special orders to believe your statement to be false.

For every deposit I have placed, I have obtained a receipt within 2-3 business days not only with a detailed description of the piece I am ordering, but also with an order number and any remaining fees clearly stated.

The delivery of each garment has been either on-time, or early, and upon the receipt of payment, my order will be shipped with EMS tracking information provided.

The Office Gallery is NOT a commonplace online shopping experience, and if you are placing a special order you SHOULD expect to wait.

I love this forum, but am surprised to see this unfair criticism. It truly sounds like these complaints are coming from people who have never placed an order and got butt-hurt because their order was unable to be placed (for whatever reason).

Note: For the record, I always use International Transfers through my bank instead of Paypal. I have NEVER run into the issues described.
      Last edited by julian_doe; 11-21-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post

I love this forum, but am surprised to see this unfair criticism. It truly sounds like these complaints are coming from people who have never placed an order and got butt-hurt because their order was unable to be placed (for whatever reason).
        I'm surprised to read this awkward assumption.
        My purchase from him (fuck special orders, I buy only what's in stock) was a pleasant experience, but only until payment. Afterwards the unprofessional behaviour started. Also a friend of mine had an unpleasant experience. So based on my personal experiences, I'm avoiding this "company".
        Grailed link

Comment

• julian_doe
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
          I'm surprised to read this awkward assumption.
          My purchase from him (fuck special orders, I buy only what's in stock) was a pleasant experience, but only until payment. Afterwards the unprofessional behaviour started. Also a friend of mine had an unpleasant experience. So based on my personal experiences, I'm avoiding this "company".
          There is no assumption. beyondthemeans was specifically talking about orders which require a deposit, so I am not sure how your comment or "experience" applies to what I said.

I am not telling you what to do, I am just expressing my surprise at reading the feedback some of you share about The Office.

For the record, I haven't only purchased Special Orders. I recently made my first purchase of their available stock, and was very please with that purchase as well.

Comment

• Coming
            • Sep 2013

I have wire transferred countless thousands of dollars to the office without any concern
            Tassos replies to my emails very quickly at all hours of the night and day
            They have accommodated many of my requests

No idea why he got sick of your gallery requests but I do often see people using gallery photos on Instagram etc he's not obliged to share access I guess
            I mean most places won't even take special orders. Dark lands has its egregious return policy. Ink refuses to take Internet orders at all - theoffice are one of the good guys as far as I'm concerned

Comment

• julian_doe
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Coming View Post
              I have wire transferred countless thousands of dollars to the office without any concern
              Tassos replies to my emails very quickly at all hours of the night and day
              They have accommodated many of my requests

No idea why he got sick of your gallery requests but I do often see people using gallery photos on Instagram etc he's not obliged to share access I guess
              I mean most places won't even take special orders. Dark lands has its egregious return policy. Ink refuses to take Internet orders at all - theoffice are one of the good guys as far as I'm concerned
              I didn't even want to bring this up, but you are absolutely right.

Some of the people complaining on this thread have used copyrighted images for their own personal use/listings without authorization. The gallery has a right to refuse service to anyone, more so if that someone is doing things against the terms of use.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                I am inclined from my own 2-3 years of special orders to believe your statement to be false.

For every deposit I have placed, I have obtained a receipt within 2-3 business days not only with a detailed description of the piece I am ordering, but also with an order number and any remaining fees clearly stated.

The delivery of each garment has been either on-time, or early, and upon the receipt of payment, my order will be shipped with EMS tracking information provided.

The Office Gallery is NOT a commonplace online shopping experience, and if you are placing a special order you SHOULD expect to wait.

Note: For the record, I always use International Transfers through my bank instead of Paypal. I have NEVER run into the issues described.
                I was talking about personal feelings towards putting down 1k+ deposits to someone who does not own a physical store, I'd rather put down an order with a store who has a physical location and long and good reputation. But simply said, there are not so many places anymore that are willing to take custom orders on CCP anymore due to, unassumingly, the hassle that comes with it.

Comment

• Coming
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by zuchte
                  I am not saying that the office itself is bad place to shop at. They obviously have a great stock and all the transactions have gone smoothly, I’m just questioning Tassos as a person. I just talked with a friend about him and he doesn’t visit him anymore because he constantly acts “strange” and is incredibly pushy in real life. He has apparently also openly talked shit about samsa, what kind of respectable business person does that?

He is completely ignoring me right now after several messages. This is in no way acceptable after so many purchases.

Is it any wonder he is ignoring you after you decided to attack his character on a public forum?

Basically, you have only good things to say about the office as a retailer, you are "just questioning Tassos as a person" and then some gossipy shit that you heard from someone else and have no proof of

Come on dude.
                  Not really very smart if you're a CCP fan since you basically just blacklisted yourself from the best source in the world

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Can someone explain The Office to me, please? This is the first time I’m hearing about it. Thanks!
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Coming
                      • Sep 2013

Best to just email tassos yourself

Comment

• Coming
                        • Sep 2013

ok provide the proof of him talking shit about samsa-g ?

You are free to provide your own experience.
                        I just don't really know why you would be surprised that he now won't deal with you?
                        Since he has given you smooth transactions, and you obviously want to keep buying from him

PS for the other guy worried about his money disappearing. The Office does have a storefront and is an art gallery as well. I have never been, but he invites anyone to make an appointment and go.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          Can someone explain The Office to me, please? This is the first time I’m hearing about it. Thanks!
                          Friend of Carol (or used to work there? I forget which). Decided to capitalize on the CCP hype. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if this is an unofficial CCP store. Was actively courting customers during the CCP glory days on SZ without my authorization. When I asked him about it and said hey wouldn't be nice if the forum got advertising in return for all the money he has made off of it, he disappeared. Because, you know, "advertising" is such a dirty word, though apparently "profit" is not. I think he also tried to raise a stink about images, but I just told him to go fuck himself.

Honestly, I find it fascinating that people still care about CCP. The guy hasn't had a new idea in 7 years, looks like most of it was done by Deepti (not a coincidence that since she has left nothing new has been produced), and now he's busy monetizing old glory in the Chinese market. They kinda people who wear it now, I doubt that many forum members would be caught dead with them in the same room.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nyarkies
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Honestly, I find it fascinating that people still care about CCP. The guy hasn't had a new idea in 7 years, looks like most of it was done by Deepti (not a coincidence that since she has left nothing new has been produced), and now he's busy monetizing old glory in the Chinese market. They kinda people who wear it now, I doubt that many forum members would be caught dead with them in the same room.
                            Why not? Just because he hasn't released anything new that it diminishes the value of his older works. During its height (2007-2011 collection?), he released some of the most interesting and pleasingly designed pieces during those years. Of course it also brought the hype in the Chinese market which pushed it to the level of tackiness. But I think they're over it and more likely moving to whatever the next hype is or will be. I'd still wear my pieces (in black, dark grey, and dark green colors; no flashy red, yellow, green ones) in a room full of people wearing CCP. I like them and find value in them.

Comment

• Alan
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Friend of Carol (or used to work there? I forget which). Decided to capitalize on the CCP hype. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if this is an unofficial CCP store. Was actively courting customers during the CCP glory days on SZ without my authorization. When I asked him about it and said hey wouldn't be nice if the forum got advertising in return for all the money he has made off of it, he disappeared. Because, you know, "advertising" is such a dirty word, though apparently "profit" is not. I think he also tried to raise a stink about images, but I just told him to go fuck himself.

That's why I come to SZ (well, one of the many reasons), to read enlightening, eye-popping, sometimes scandalous scoops on the world of fashion I would've never found out even on reddit. It's like going through your roommate's dirty laundry without being caught red-handed...

Comment

• julian_doe
                                • Mar 2013

Alan, if you are interested in "scandalous scoops" I think this is not the Forum for you. However, I will say that this thread is getting full of opinions without substance, and incomplete stories trying to mask a shitty action by a client with a negative review for a reputable retailer. (unwashed went silent, for example)(but, maybe that is not a bad thing)

I really don't want to continue to participate in this useless discussion, as people will do as they wish. I would just encourage members of the forum to be honest and share the full story if they are going to attempt to share feedback about a shopping experience. Trying to denigrate a gallery/business simply because they called you out on breaking their terms-of-use or because they refused service to you after a petulant action as a buyer is not only unfair, but it is frivolous and does not contribute anything beneficial to this forum.

In regards to Carol's work, I think it is beyond admirable that he has needed no marketing (he has NOT refused online retailers to show his garments, as others have) in order to continue to gain interest in his work. Yes, I agree that the best Seasons for CCP's work took place while Deepti was still part of the brand. However, Deepti was not the greatest part of the CCP brand. Every Deepti item I have handled is interesting...but are any of these as revolutionary, complex (I can't think of a better word), or beautiful as Carol Christian Poell's? In my opinion, no they aren't.

Stone covered lapels, and a shattered glass vests? In my opinion, these lack spontaneity. The extended pocket seams on pocket flaps, and rigid fabrics that can be loved about her garments...are all elements we loved in Poell's own work.

Just my 3 cents...

NOTE: For the sake of argument (and philosophical analysis), I admire Carol Christian Poell's continued relevance, even as he has not produced a new collection in 7 years. Some (a huge percentage) of his creations have withstood the test of time and continue to be inspirational to many, and highly sought after. That is, even as trends, tastes, and admiration have drastically changed in the last decade...you know, the same way fine art does ;)
                                Last edited by julian_doe; 11-22-2017, 12:17 PM. Reason: Let's have a serious conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎