Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post

In regards to Carol's work, I think it is beyond admirable that he has needed no marketing (he has NOT refused online retailers to show his garments, as others have) in order to continue to gain interest in his work. Yes, I agree that the best Seasons for CCP's work took place while Deepti was still part of the brand. However, Deepti was not the greatest part of the CCP brand. Every Deepti item I have handled is interesting...but are any of these as revolutionary, complex (I can't think of a better word), or beautiful as Carol Christian Poell's? In my opinion, no they aren't.

True, we did all the marketing for him!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Coming
      • Sep 2013

"We" - you've been shitting on CCP since the late 2000s
      Its the regular forum members (who aren't bitter about not getting freebies) who have been "hyping" him for no reason other than they love his work

To be realistic, this website would be several times more obscure than it already is had CCP never existed - not vice versa

If there is anyone who should be grateful...
      Last edited by Coming; 11-30-2017, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Dropt
        • May 2009

^ Yeah, we… isn't this forum a community? Also, I can't think of a more idiotic reason for Faust to critic CCP than not receiving free shit. I don't even know him personally but it just doesn't sync at all with the guy. I do believe Carol got a lot of free press because of this place and the fit pics posted by its members.

Comment

• Coming
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
          ^ Yeah, we… isn't this forum a community? Also, I can't think of a more idiotic reason for Faust to critic CCP than not receiving free shit. I don't even know him personally but it just doesn't sync at all with the guy. I do believe Carol got a lot of free press because of this place and the fit pics posted by its members.
          Are you really this dumb?

Yes, of course, everything is about money and to a lesser extent status/ego.
          If you think money is an idiotic reason to do anything, you are very naive

His apparent contempt for the office is certainly based on their refusal to pay him for advertising

His apparent contempt for CCP is probably based more on the fact that they have just ignored his existence completely, which his ego finds difficult to bear. Also he seeks status within the fashion "community", which he then parlays into paying gigs

I think if you go back to 2006, you will see that the meaningful contributions to the CCP thread are all by other members.
          While Faust attempts to ridicule, everyone just ignores him, gobsmacked by astonishing CCP creation after creation.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Yep, you got me all figured out, lol. A designer who hasn't done shit for 8 years is as infallible as the pope, a MERCHANT who profits from the forum by actively pursuing its members through its personal messaging system without supporting it under the guise of artistic pretensions is beyond reproach, and the man who has created this community and hasn't charged a penny any of its members, not even for classifieds, is a money-grubbing egotist. You have 37 posts since 2013 - who are you shilling for?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

*drops mic*
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• uve
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Coming View Post
                probably based more on the fact that they have just ignored his existence completely, which his ego finds difficult to bear. Also he seeks status within the fashion "community", which he then parlays into paying gigs
                Legit surprize this post hasn't been deleted and you haven't been banned. One of the more uncomfortable sensations is comprehension of one's own mediocrity. Drives people to do strange things.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

I know Faust and I know Tasos and they are both nice people (at least as much as i know about them both).
                  I wish we would just all learn how to get along better and stop the petty swipes at each other.
                  Knowing Faust for the time i have known him i am sure he is not in this for the money. Even though, lets face reality money is an important aspect of what we all do and necessary to keep everything going.......and taking about CCP or whatever brand you want that we discuss here we are not talking about small change.

Forums like SZ needs Carol and all the other designers who make relevant work to either purchase discuss or whatever. And us designers need forums, stores and all the other machinations to keep business going.
                  For heavens sake the amount of designers that have gone bust since then is A LOT and a LOT of others (myself included) are struggling.

Tasos is not a scammer and not retailer is gonna have flawless transactions with every customer. I am doing retail and heaven knows sometimes the issue i have to deal with and we at Zfactorie are not completely faultless but we try to improve.

Sometimes there is just too much animosity, conflict that can be easily resolved and it just takes everyone down a road we would be better offo not to tread
                  Last edited by zamb; 12-04-2017, 05:59 PM.
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dddr
                    • Jan 2008

Was just wondering if anyone here ever come across any problems returning stuff to Spence?

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by dddr View Post
                      Was just wondering if anyone here ever come across any problems returning stuff to Spence?
                      I've actually just received a package from Spence, with one item in particular I may return. Why? Have you heard anything negative?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        You have 37 posts since 2013 - who are you shilling for?
                        I bet he has more posts than 37
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dddr
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Law View Post
                          I've actually just received a package from Spence, with one item in particular I may return. Why? Have you heard anything negative?
                          I don't know yet, if it's a fault with the courier or the retailer. The tracking said it was delivered on second attempt and Spence claimed no initially, after another email they finally said "will check the new returns arrived soon." nothing was specify so don't know what that really means, will give an extra few days and see how it pans out for now. Just that the 1st delivery attempt no one took it which was weird enough and I had to go through a lot of calls and chats with the courier to find out what's going on. Was just curious to see if anyone had similar issue before. Might just be some misunderstandings, will report back later on.

Comment

• haydn
                            • Feb 2013

I returned a blazer last year that didn't fit. Declared it low value (around $20 on a $500 purchase price) for returning it to Italian customs (shipping from Canada). Spence refunded but kept about 20% of the total purchase due to them being charged a fee to import back to Italy. I don't believe this was the case but I can't say for sure as it wasn't noted on the Italian postal website.

Other than that I've never had issues. If anything, their service has improved significantly over the past two years. I only wish their payment processing would be more reliable.

Comment

• dddr
                              • Jan 2008

I don't know yet, if it's a fault with the courier or the retailer. The tracking said it was delivered on second attempt and Spence claimed no initially, after another email they finally said "will check the new returns arrived soon." nothing was specify so don't know what that really means, will give an extra few days and see how it pans out for now. Just that the 1st delivery attempt no one took it which was weird enough and I had to go through a lot of calls and chats with the courier to find out what's going on. Was just curious to see if anyone had similar issue before. Might just be some misunderstandings, will report back later on.
                              refund did arrive despite a slight delay.

all good!

Comment

• aussy
                                • Jul 2011

l'inde le palais' customer service is terrible, some of my emails regarding an order went ignored for two weeks (I had to send reminders), I was also told different things from different reps

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎