Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by derpington View Post
    I had a great experience recently working with Lorien at BBSNYC via email across multiple time zones. She was always very responsive and courteous. I'd highly recommend this store.
    Can testify that, had wonderful experience in BBSNYC also.

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Had a delightful shopping experience at Andreas Murkudis in Berlin. Friendly staff, nice store and a stunning and huge Raf Simons sofa in Yves Klein blue velvet fabric.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• boodude
        • Oct 2012

Had an excellent experiance with altera-store.com ( owner is a member here - maahno). Lightening fast shipping to canada from moscow ( less than a week) and excellent service resulting one very happy customer!

Comment

• _AR
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by boodude View Post
          Had an excellent experiance with altera-store.com ( owner is a member here - maahno). Lightening fast shipping to canada from moscow ( less than a week) and excellent service resulting one very happy customer!
          I don't understand this store at all. Didn't they used to do consignment or resale on grailed? Now it looks like it has a very small collection of designer buys instead or any resale?

Comment

• 13we2
            • Sep 2015

Right. They were doing consignment for sure, but now their website has obviously changed.

Comment

• boodude
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by _AR View Post
              I don't understand this store at all. Didn't they used to do consignment or resale on grailed? Now it looks like it has a very small collection of designer buys instead or any resale?
              i bought from the new store. They are now stocking only few designers (a1923, guidi, moria) but going to expand to more in the future ( from what i was told). I think the consignment store is going to be under a different name. I got a new pair of guidi 788z boots and very happy.

Comment

• Joh@n
                • Nov 2010

After years of ordering garments online I've had my first awful experience with LOEWE.com online shop.
                Here's what happened :
                I've placed an order on october 28th for a coat (2500 €). Package has been sent the same day. Delivery courier is UPS. Nothing unusual.
                Package is delivered a few days later to the caretaker of my building, just like always.
                I get the package, open it and... no coat. Instead, I got a shitload of wrapping paper. A lot (so that the box feels heavy I'm guessing). I look closer at the box and I can see two different kind of duct tape have been used : a transparent one used by (I assume) Loewe warehouse, and a brown one which have been placed over the clear duct tape.
                Anyway... I panick and I call Loewe customer service, send them pictures, etc. UPS come get the package back so they can investigate. The people at Loewe are all very nice and reassuring.

Finally I've got the following answer from Loewe customer service :

After investigation, we confirm that the Coat Shearling ref. 9966169 was shipped from our warehouse to the shipping address as specified and according to UPS tracking, delivered with no incident.

Indeed, UPS confirmed that the package was signed for and no notification was given regarding damaged or opened box at reception. As for any delivery upon signature, it is the responsibility of the recipient to check the parcel when delivered and notify the courier if there is any problem.

Therefore, we are truly sorry but we cannot accept your claim.
                Now I know this is a very unusual case as it's almost impossible for me to prove the coat have been stolen during the delivery process. So in a way I understand Loewe's answer.
                To me UPS is at fault. The result of their investigation is dishonest.
                Very disappointed by all this... Was hopping for a different answer from Loewe to be honest.

Comment

• blackswan
                  • Feb 2011

I wouldn't left any caretaker of my building to receive my parcels and i can't believe someone from UPS stole your coat,but once in a million it could happen.Your only chance is that you haven't signed for the parcel.
                  Last edited by blackswan; 11-26-2016, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

I'd call UPS and give them hell – if nothing else works, you gotta sue.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Joh@n View Post
                      After years of ordering garments online I've had my first awful experience with LOEWE.com online shop.
                      Here's what happened :
                      I've placed an order on october 28th for a coat (2500 €). Package has been sent the same day. Delivery courier is UPS. Nothing unusual.
                      Package is delivered a few days later to the caretaker of my building, just like always.
                      I get the package, open it and... no coat. Instead, I got a shitload of wrapping paper. A lot (so that the box feels heavy I'm guessing). I look closer at the box and I can see two different kind of duct tape have been used : a transparent one used by (I assume) Loewe warehouse, and a brown one which have been placed over the clear duct tape.
                      Anyway... I panick and I call Loewe customer service, send them pictures, etc. UPS come get the package back so they can investigate. The people at Loewe are all very nice and reassuring.

Finally I've got the following answer from Loewe customer service :

Now I know this is a very unusual case as it's almost impossible for me to prove the coat have been stolen during the delivery process. So in a way I understand Loewe's answer.
                      To me UPS is at fault. The result of their investigation is dishonest.
                      Very disappointed by all this... Was hopping for a different answer from Loewe to be honest.
                      WOW, this is just terrible.
                      I mean as a last resort, if you used a credit card i think it does offer you some protection, as you did not receive the item.
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Went to Darklands for the first time. I gotta say it was better than I expected – it wasn't welcoming or anything (that's the whole concept, I know), but the staff was helpful and particularly the young guy who runs Hyperstation was friendly and patient in showing us around and answering our questions.
                        By the way, they are getting rid of Rick altogether, because it's "too mainstream" – I found that statement odd as everyone but Campbell was wearing at least one Rick garment. Anyways, it was nice to finally see everything in person.

I also checked out Apartment Berlin. Lovely little store IMO, friendly owner and it smelled nice in there. Also, the brass cocaine paraphernalia from their own "aPARTYment" jewelry label got a good chuckle out of me.
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Maison d'Ashraf
                          • Jan 2013

ordered a couple of things from Calculus this past couple of weeks... and again received great customer service, product advice, and got my package (still waiting on one more) in a timely manner.... package also included a personal letter from Graham..... those who have ordered from re-porter/ Calculus know how great the service is as well as product selection, and those who havent should not hesitate to do so...

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                            • Oct 2015

SV Moscow - Excellent service with an online order.

Archive SF - Super friendly and items shipped lightning fast. No returns on sale merch though.

Série Noire - Can't seem to get them to respond to product measurement request,not sure if its a language barrier when emailing them. Have ordered from them in the past with a seamless purchase and return.

BBSNY - Aone service from Matthew and Lorien

DarkLands Berlin - Ordered 2 BBS shirts from there and the transaction wasn't that bad. Prompt replies but they won't give product measurements(weird).

Shop Untitled - Excellent communication and fast shipping

Comment

• PenguinBlubber
                              • Mar 2016

So this info may be useless, as it is probably already known, but I recently completed a transaction with ssense. Though I attempt to avoid that company at all costs, sometimes their prices are too enticing--which I believe overall does more harm than good. Also, unlike many smaller stores, they do returns with original payment, which is a necessity as there are no options for places to go and try stuff on near me. But anyways... They actually gave me the dust bag for my 11 BBS jeans, something they didn't do when I bought a RO jacket a few years ago. Their return process was also significantly easier than expected. They provided a shipping label and processed the return within one day of re-receiving their merchandise. Unfortunately, I would do business with them again.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

Cruvoir ... any experiences / insights to share regarding them?

Thanks..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎