Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maison d'Ashraf
    • Jan 2013

I am with you guys... LN-CC hands down best service in my opinion.. Lucy is great, def on top of it with prompt email replies... Also, the Rick Owens shop in NYC is great... great customer service, prompt replies.. and if you ship out of state, no tax only shipping charge...

Comment

• Maison d'Ashraf
      • Jan 2013

So here is my recent experience with Darklands/NagNagNag and Campbell and his staff..

Wanted a couple of BBS items from NagNagNag.. and I believe recently the items have been further reduced... I email their web inquiry for the pieces and sizes I am interested in.... Campbell replys back, promptly, as he so does, and asks me to email another staff memeber, Estefania... so I email her the details of the items I am interested in... again, she replies back promptly also... My first item is unavailable, however 2nd item they have in stock and in my size... gave her my shipping location, and since have not heard from her...

I wait 2 days, follow up with an email for a shipping quote and what the final invoice total would be.. out of nowhere, Campbell ends up replying... he mentions to me shipping would be 15 Euros... that is cool with me... again ask for final invoice details and ask him to send it to my PayPal... her replies back mentioning that he has messaged NagNagNag to see if the item is available.. I reply back mentioning that the item availability was already confirmed by Estefania.... since then no reply... 30 email exchanges later, no reply from Campbell or Estefania... def dont know what happened to Estefania...

in any case, definitely a strange group of people....

Comment

• swims
        • Jan 2012

i recieved the wrong item from the obscur sample sale, so sent it back from the UK via Royal mail to Germany. the problem is that a delivery was attempted and the courier hasn't left a note.

all i have is a tracking code, obscur say they can't do anything, and i'm out of paypal claim date. does anyone know how i could locate the package?

royal mail have been unhelpful on the phone, and the tracking code doesn't give much away.

Comment

• josecc
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by swims View Post
          i recieved the wrong item from the obscur sample sale, so sent it back from the UK via Royal mail to Germany. the problem is that a delivery was attempted and the courier hasn't left a note.

all i have is a tracking code, obscur say they can't do anything, and i'm out of paypal claim date. does anyone know how i could locate the package?

royal mail have been unhelpful on the phone, and the tracking code doesn't give much away.

If you use Royal Mail, when your package is at Germany it is transferred to a company named GLS, you can track it with this link using the same tracking number provided by Royal Mail (something like RXXXXXXXXXGB):

Then the guys at obscur might contact GLS to rearrange a delivery. Anyway, do not worry, if no one receives the parcel then GLS will return the package to you (if you put a return address).
          Last edited by josecc; 08-07-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• tenorish
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Maison d'Ashraf View Post
            So here is my recent experience with Darklands/NagNagNag and Campbell and his staff..

Wanted a couple of BBS items from NagNagNag.. and I believe recently the items have been further reduced... I email their web inquiry for the pieces and sizes I am interested in.... Campbell replys back, promptly, as he so does, and asks me to email another staff memeber, Estefania... so I email her the details of the items I am interested in... again, she replies back promptly also... My first item is unavailable, however 2nd item they have in stock and in my size... gave her my shipping location, and since have not heard from her...

I wait 2 days, follow up with an email for a shipping quote and what the final invoice total would be.. out of nowhere, Campbell ends up replying... he mentions to me shipping would be 15 Euros... that is cool with me... again ask for final invoice details and ask him to send it to my PayPal... her replies back mentioning that he has messaged NagNagNag to see if the item is available.. I reply back mentioning that the item availability was already confirmed by Estefania.... since then no reply... 30 email exchanges later, no reply from Campbell or Estefania... def dont know what happened to Estefania...

in any case, definitely a strange group of people....
            I think things are quite busy down there at the Nag Nag Nag clearance sale and the availability of products can't really be guaranteed. For all you know, the pieces you are looking for might have gone within minutes after you got a reply.

This is precisely why I popped down (read: travelled a couple of hours) to their physical store in person, to avoid the trauma of a 30 Email exchange.. but I guess that would be quite a stretch for some.

Comment

• Maison d'Ashraf
              • Jan 2013

yeah for sure... would be nice to get some confirmation, whether yes or no, so both party's can just move on...

personally, i think they would like to get the sale in store rather than having to deal with someone like me that is overseas.... .

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Maison d'Ashraf View Post
                yeah for sure... would be nice to get some confirmation, whether yes or no, so both party's can just move on...

personally, i think they would like to get the sale in store rather than having to deal with someone like me that is overseas.... .
                Who wouldn't? Internet sales are a total pain in the ass compared to a walk-in customer.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• agentred
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Who wouldn't? Internet sales are a total pain in the ass compared to a walk-in customer.
                  Except for that one guy who smells stuff and asks if it's made of hemp

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

lmao
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

No offense, but you were technically asking a legitimate business to break your country's law. A) not the best thing to do B) not the best thing to write on a public forum. I sympathize with your situation though - it does suck to get hit with customs.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

That, and I'm not sure if anyone has ever gotten good service there anyway.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stereophobic
                          • Aug 2009

my limited dealings with Vertice convinced me that I shouldn't be doing business with them; chiefly the bullshit charges they tack on to overseas sales (insurance, "handling" fees etc.)

diorowen, judging by your purchase history you seem like a dude who's been around long enough to know better when it comes to making purchases for items that have limited size runs or aren't assured of being picked up by most stores, can't you just develop a good relationship with one store and perhaps be assured of putting an order in for the piece you want each season instead of hopping around all stores?

and coming from someone who lives in Australia and has to deal with the same customs practices, the only comment I have is be less naive about things when extracting promises from stores that essentially implicate them in breaking international import/export laws?
                          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• diorowen
                            • Aug 2010

@faust,
                            now you said it, I think its not a good idea too.

yea, I understand your point @stereophobic. I never really have this kind of experience before, and I've just started liking BBS stuff recently. I usually get my BBS stuff from Darklands, and INK, but unfortunately Darklands didnt bought the certain piece I wanted, and Pita can't confirm that they will have the certain pieces.. Since they didnt carry it, I start hopping around store trying to find size XS.
                            oh well, do you know any BBS stockist in Melbourne?
                            haha, out of desperation I even ask Eastern Market to start getting BBS. but they said they have too many brand already.
                            ps: for you who live in Melbourne and havent been to EM before, you should go.

@lowrey
                            really? that's new for me. well before I paid for the item they seems 100% reliable and really nice to me. or perhaps I was just too naive.

anyway, I'll just put it in classified if I cant justify myself to wear em :p.
                            still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• jskidder1
                              • Jan 2011

i've never had anything but absolutely perfect service from vertice, and i order quite frequently. i do everything via e-mail and don't pay the additional charges, packages are always marked low value without me even asking, and the staff are some of the best i've encountered. they also really take care of their regular customers.

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

Harrolds and Assin stock BBS.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡