Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldsamxo
    • Jan 2017

Sounds like Eugene (thirdofwater) is back to his typical games, I've seen massive amounts of posts on Facebook about him. Almost everyday it's on Groups I'm apart of, "Hey guys have you done purchase with Eugene &.." yada yada yada. Just posting this as a warning for anyone new who's joined this forum and hasn't read through past pages.
    Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
    Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
      Sounds like Eugene (thirdofwater) is back to his typical games, I've seen massive amounts of posts on Facebook about him. Almost everyday it's on Groups I'm apart of, "Hey guys have you done purchase with Eugene &.." yada yada yada. Just posting this as a warning for anyone new who's joined this forum and hasn't read through past pages.
      I am certainly glad I kicked him off of this place at the right time.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by haydn View Post

Side note; has anyone ordered from Hervia (UK) recently? Pricing is advantageous due to currency and they remove the vat tax when shipping to USA / Canada. I just received a RO black veltet glitter blazer from them with one button having already fallen off and one just about to. Seems odd that it would be packed and shipped in that condition.
        I've bought from the a year ago and everything was super smooth. It's unpleasant, but honestly, just sew the buttons back on and forget about it. Takes five minutes.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goldsamxo
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Yeah same Faust. He likes to bring us SZ (though it was ages ago), and say you guys are purposely trying to ruin his reputation.. Well, with this post I am, but I'm sick of seeing people lose thousands over derbies. Oh well, just a warning.

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
          Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

How is it that his feedback on Grailed is near flawless? Do they turn a blind eye to his exploits?

Comment

• goldsamxo
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Law View Post
              How is it that his feedback on Grailed is near flawless? Do they turn a blind eye to his exploits?
              From what I've read & heard from certain people at Parsons who know Grailed employees - sellers who offer high priced items / rare items (his slew of CCP / Julius / Carpe / etc.) are able to get away with a lot more 'treachery' on Grailed then a seller like me, who is clearing out all my old Supreme items (if I screwed over a seller). Therefore they turn a blind-eye to people like him.

Comment

• nyarkies
                • Feb 2012

The people here and on StyFo know the scam he pulls but more people need to know. It seems to me, he keeps selling the same items again and again. Unless, he actually bought multiple quantities of the same jacket/footwear.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by nyarkies View Post
                  The people here and on StyFo know the scam he pulls but more people need to know. It seems to me, he keeps selling the same items again and again. Unless, he actually bought multiple quantities of the same jacket/footwear.
                  He tells everyone that he buys directly from the brand - alas some of his old '2006' Julius pieces, which I was highly interested in & going to purchase, until learning who was selling them & didn't want to play a possible game of financial Russian roulette.

On the topic of sellers though, went to Hotoveli today & wasn't disappointed. Most of the items there aren't brands I'm personally a fan of, but I loved the selection & the crew was super nice. They signed me up on email to be alerted when Julius' SS17 [ knives ] comes in. Highly recommend

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                    The shit I could tell you about Grailed would make your hair stand on end, but I'd need to lawyer up first, and I don't feel like having more headache in my life. But I was close to writing an investigative piece of sorts. I'll leave it at that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
                      Yeah same Faust. He likes to bring us SZ (though it was ages ago), and say you guys are purposely trying to ruin his reputation.. Well, with this post I am, but I'm sick of seeing people lose thousands over derbies. Oh well, just a warning.

he is actively selling multiple high end derbies in avant-garde facebook group

and this is from days ago

Comment

• nyarkies
                        • Feb 2012

I just don't get it why somebody would let 6 months pass by without receiving the item. It's not a MTO piece. 1 month max and I'll be doing a chargeback or dispute.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                          • Jan 2017

Yep d'avant that's the reason I actually made this post! Kinda got sick, because this was the third post I've seen in the past week about him, so I just wanted to make a PSA. There's so much that has gone down on that Facebook Group recently that would make you feel uncomfortable about transactions.

Comment

• byhand
                            • Dec 2011

I've done business with thirdofwaters and have had no problem. Happy to have found something that is quite rare for a price that I found to be reasonable. Even had a lengthy discussion with him about a designer. The experience wasn't completely without a weirdness factor in that he inquired a little bit about my tastes and was curious to know what else I might be looking for - like he would try to source stuff for me. The business part of our transaction was seamless. I paid and received the item within a week.

He then had seller's remorse and wanted the item back. It was something from his personal closet, and he was missing it. I understand because he will never find another. The item is over 15 years old, and very few were made. I doubt that I will ever see another for sale. He offered to trade for various things I might like in exchange for the item I bought. I don't trade. I don't even get how that works in an online buying/selling context. Who sends a package first? If I send a package to him, how do I know he is also sending a package to me? I don't do that.

My business transaction with him went smoothly. I enjoyed our conversation and have no complaints, so he isn't categorically a scoundrel. He does a lot of business, and as a business person myself, I know that it is nearly impossible to satisfy every customer. I'm not an apologist for him. If he truly was drunk and sent a customer the wrong item and didn't do everything possible to correct his mistake, well, that's obviously unacceptable.
                            Last edited by byhand; 04-09-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                              • Sep 2013

The shit I could tell you about Grailed would make your hair stand on end, but I'd need to lawyer up first, and I don't feel like having more headache in my life. But I was close to writing an investigative piece of sorts. I'll leave it at that.
                              oh come on what's going on with grailed? anything lol

Comment

• ian+
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                                I don't even get how that works in an online buying/selling context. Who sends a package first? If I send a package to him, how do I know he is also sending a package to me? I don't do that.
                                Best way to trade is to buy each others item at the negotiated price. It simplifies things, both parties should have money available though.
                                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎