Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1180

Thread: Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Gotta give a shout out to Greg @ L'armoire. Ordered some BBS jeans....he helped me out with measurements Seamless transaction, quick shipping!

https://larmoire-singapore.com

to add, rick owens LA has the best sales associates. non judgmental, super helpful, social, kind.

Once again superb customer service from Samsa G Tuchwaren.

Had good experience with Wolfensson in Vienna. The staff were very friendly and generous sizing on various good pieces.
    Last edited by Monoral; 04-14-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Let me preface this by saying that I have had excellent experiences with Matteo and the associates at PN/P Firenze in the past. They have always been very helpful, responsive and flexible.

However, I inquired about a pair of BBS x Salomon Jungle Ultra boots in size 44. This is my normal size in most shoes. They had them available, so I purchased them, and they shipped them out quickly. When I received them and tried them on, they were VERY tight, and this is when I noticed the label:

It appears as if they had accidentally sent me the incorrect size. Not a huge issue, as mistakes happen. I contacted them, and they apologized, but told me that "on their label it is listed as 44" but they do have a size up if these are too small for me. I asked them what the size was on this other pair, and they stated that it was a size 45, and it had an outsole measurement of 31 cm. I then measured the pair I had, and discovered that the outsole measurement was nearly the same, so I asked them to confirm the size on the shoes they were measuring was indeed size 45, and they sent me these pictures of the shoes saying it was definitely a size 45:

I feel like I am going crazy because these are clearly not a size 45, and they are STILL smaller than the size 44 I originally ordered. The team is still being very responsive and helpful, but I am very confused about why they seem to be unable to correctly read the listed sizes on the footwear. I can understand if I were saying I was a size 9 without specifying whether it was US or UK and I got the incorrect size because of this, but Eur size is pretty unambiguous, so I don't understand what is going wrong.

Has anyone else had anything similar when ordering footwear from PN/P?

Exactly the same thing happened to me, with the same shoes - I ordered size 43 and they sent me 42 i have no idea why, which are obviously too small.

No problem with returning them, so there is no issue, but something went very wrong with sizing on those.

That's quite the fuck up. It baffles me how that can even happen with the size right there on the box and on the shoes. Especially since they've been very helpful with figuring out the right sizing with other footwear I've purchased from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    That's quite the fuck up. It baffles me how that can even happen with the size right there on the box and on the shoes. Especially since they've been very helpful with figuring out the right sizing with other footwear I've purchased from them.
    for salomon you want to be looking at the US sizing, i wear 44 and i buy 45 1/3 in salomon which corrolates to a size 11 US. I wear 45 in guidi, and 44 in any other standard footwear brand, ma+,rick owens etc
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Same thing happened to me as well, I ordered size 42 but got sent 41 1/3. I emailed them a couple of days ago but they haven't gotten back to me. I saw online that they no longer have the 42 in stock, really hoping they'll do an exchange with tornaremavencer's returned pair.

That is bizarre.. they should obviously be sold as the size listed on the product and on the box.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    So, I sent some pieces to Graham to sell for me, who runs the online consignment shop, re-porter. They were received on 2016/11/28 and 4 of those 7 items are still yet to be posted. I’ve no experience with any other online consignment, but I know for sure it doesn’t make you wait more than 1.5 years for your items to be posted. I always read nothing but great reviews/experience with Graham, so I trusted him and been extremely patient throughout this whole process, giving him the benefit of the doubt. It now seems like he has chosen to cut communication off and refuses to reply back to my multiple emails, despite showing activity on Instagram, sending out emails regarding sale alerts for his Calculus store, and replying back other people’s emails. I should also mention that I’m still waiting to be payed out for one of my items that was recently sold, maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Graham, if you’re reading this, please pay me out and send back my items that you haven’t posted up yet, costing 3k worth.
    I had a similar experience with Graham a couple of years back. I too trusted him because of the credibility he has on this forum. As I recall he ignored me for awhile until I started leaving public posts on the Calculus page here on this forum, it took awhile&some badgering on my part but I did get my money for items sold and he did return the items that he never posted. In all he had my goods for about a year and a half, I didn't make any money and will never deal with him again.

So, I sent some pieces to Graham to sell for me, who runs the online consignment shop, re-porter. They were received on 2016/11/28 and 4 of those 7 items are still yet to be posted. I’ve no experience with any other online consignment, but I know for sure it doesn’t make you wait more than 1.5 years for your items to be posted. I always read nothing but great reviews/experience with Graham, so I trusted him and been extremely patient throughout this whole process, giving him the benefit of the doubt. It now seems like he has chosen to cut communication off and refuses to reply back to my multiple emails, despite showing activity on Instagram, sending out emails regarding sale alerts for his Calculus store, and replying back other people’s emails. I should also mention that I’m still waiting to be payed out for one of my items that was recently sold, maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Graham, if you’re reading this, please pay me out and send back my items that you haven’t posted up yet, costing 3k worth.
    I've had a similar experience, now that I remember. Didn't get paid for some stuff I've sent him. Also, on the retail side, had trouble receiving advertising payments for his retail store, which has since went out of business. Got the money after finally making it public. Too bad - he's a good guy, just doesn't know how to run a business.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

So, I sent some pieces to Graham to sell for me, who runs the online consignment shop, re-porter. They were received on 2016/11/28 and 4 of those 7 items are still yet to be posted. Iíve no experience with any other online consignment, but I know for sure it doesnít make you wait more than 1.5 years for your items to be posted. I always read nothing but great reviews/experience with Graham, so I trusted him and been extremely patient throughout this whole process, giving him the benefit of the doubt. It now seems like he has chosen to cut communication off and refuses to reply back to my multiple emails, despite showing activity on Instagram, sending out emails regarding sale alerts for his Calculus store, and replying back other peopleís emails. I should also mention that Iím still waiting to be payed out for one of my items that was recently sold, maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Graham, if youíre reading this, please pay me out and send back my items that you havenít posted up yet, costing 3k worth.
    Heís (re-porter) is selling on grailed now. Might be better off asking for your unsold pieces back and trying to list them yourself.

Iíve had nothing but great experiences with him from his Calculus shop. But niche high end menswear retail in a small sleepy town in Canada didnít seem sustainable from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by haydn View Post
    Heís (re-porter) is selling on grailed now. Might be better off asking for your unsold pieces back and trying to list them yourself.

Iíve had nothing but great experiences with him from his Calculus shop. But niche high end menswear retail in a small sleepy town in Canada didnít seem sustainable from the start.
    they had an agressive online ad campaign / platform and they were aiming for online + customer service, seemed ok at the start but if you ask me it was the brandlist.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

To share a positive anecdote about Jades (Dusseldorf/Germany).

I found a green J1 there a few weeks back - the XL was the only one on display. I loved it right away and bought it. After three weeks I went back there to browse and found the same jacket a size smaller. I tried it and became unsure which size was best. The L is very tight but still fits with just a T-Shirt under it, while the XL is by no means wide but could be just that half inch shorter. I seem to fall just in between the two sizes (183cm).

Jades have a 1 week return policy no questions asked. Still I was way late with my uncertainty. I told one of the owners and she cordially invited me to bring the Jacket back and let her see it (I live only few minutes from there). Both her and another staff member then helped me decide for the right size (the XL I initially purchased) and would have exchanged for the L had I decided to go for it.

I felt very well and patiently accomodated by them and can recommend going to the store for some friendly help.

So just an update – it’s been over a month now since I posted my concerns about Graham, and there’s been no progress. He did email me back once, saying how he’s going through life problems and that he’ll get back to me. This was on the 27th of July and of course, I haven’t heard anything back, despite him STILL showing activity on Instagram (wtf?). Since receiving my items +1.5 years ago, he’s only replied to me about 3 or 4 times and he comes up with a different excuse every time. This is extremely exhausting… I really feel like I’m not going to get my clothes back, or the money he owes me.
    This seems to be an issue many are having with him right now; some friends have still yet to receive Werkstaat pieces they ordered from him months ago.

So just an update – it’s been over a month now since I posted my concerns about Graham, and there’s been no progress. He did email me back once, saying how he’s going through life problems and that he’ll get back to me. This was on the 27th of July and of course, I haven’t heard anything back, despite him STILL showing activity on Instagram (wtf?). Since receiving my items +1.5 years ago, he’s only replied to me about 3 or 4 times and he comes up with a different excuse every time. This is extremely exhausting… I really feel like I’m not going to get my clothes back, or the money he owes me.
    I don't know what you do over there when someone clearly fucks you over but I would call the police.
    Suede is too Gucci.

Wow thats crazy, lots of people i know have done business w/him and he has been outstanding. If he is indeed going through something i could believe it but in reality thats not your concern and you need to take care of yourself too.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsndpants View Post
    Wow thats crazy, lots of people i know have done business w/him and he has been outstanding. If he is indeed going through something i could believe it but in reality thats not your concern and you need to take care of yourself too.
    When people get hard up they do crazy shit. Sad but true.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    When people get hard up they do crazy shit. Sad but true.
    yeap. there is another member/seller whose name i wont mention that had this happen. also who an forget the Temple Of Jawnz scam.