Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dawn
    So, I sent some pieces to Graham to sell for me, who runs the online consignment shop, re-porter. They were received on 2016/11/28 and 4 of those 7 items are still yet to be posted. I’ve no experience with any other online consignment, but I know for sure it doesn’t make you wait more than 1.5 years for your items to be posted. I always read nothing but great reviews/experience with Graham, so I trusted him and been extremely patient throughout this whole process, giving him the benefit of the doubt. It now seems like he has chosen to cut communication off and refuses to reply back to my multiple emails, despite showing activity on Instagram, sending out emails regarding sale alerts for his Calculus store, and replying back other people’s emails. I should also mention that I’m still waiting to be payed out for one of my items that was recently sold, maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Graham, if you’re reading this, please pay me out and send back my items that you haven’t posted up yet, costing 3k worth.
    I've had a similar experience, now that I remember. Didn't get paid for some stuff I've sent him. Also, on the retail side, had trouble receiving advertising payments for his retail store, which has since went out of business. Got the money after finally making it public. Too bad - he's a good guy, just doesn't know how to run a business.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• haydn
      • Feb 2013

So, I sent some pieces to Graham to sell for me, who runs the online consignment shop, re-porter. They were received on 2016/11/28 and 4 of those 7 items are still yet to be posted. I’ve no experience with any other online consignment, but I know for sure it doesn’t make you wait more than 1.5 years for your items to be posted. I always read nothing but great reviews/experience with Graham, so I trusted him and been extremely patient throughout this whole process, giving him the benefit of the doubt. It now seems like he has chosen to cut communication off and refuses to reply back to my multiple emails, despite showing activity on Instagram, sending out emails regarding sale alerts for his Calculus store, and replying back other people’s emails. I should also mention that I’m still waiting to be payed out for one of my items that was recently sold, maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Graham, if you’re reading this, please pay me out and send back my items that you haven’t posted up yet, costing 3k worth.
      He’s (re-porter) is selling on grailed now. Might be better off asking for your unsold pieces back and trying to list them yourself.

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with him from his Calculus shop. But niche high end menswear retail in a small sleepy town in Canada didn’t seem sustainable from the start.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by haydn View Post
        He’s (re-porter) is selling on grailed now. Might be better off asking for your unsold pieces back and trying to list them yourself.

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with him from his Calculus shop. But niche high end menswear retail in a small sleepy town in Canada didn’t seem sustainable from the start.
        they had an agressive online ad campaign / platform and they were aiming for online + customer service, seemed ok at the start but if you ask me it was the brandlist.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Do_Decor
          • Jul 2018

To share a positive anecdote about Jades (Dusseldorf/Germany).

I found a green J1 there a few weeks back - the XL was the only one on display. I loved it right away and bought it. After three weeks I went back there to browse and found the same jacket a size smaller. I tried it and became unsure which size was best. The L is very tight but still fits with just a T-Shirt under it, while the XL is by no means wide but could be just that half inch shorter. I seem to fall just in between the two sizes (183cm).

Jades have a 1 week return policy no questions asked. Still I was way late with my uncertainty. I told one of the owners and she cordially invited me to bring the Jacket back and let her see it (I live only few minutes from there). Both her and another staff member then helped me decide for the right size (the XL I initially purchased) and would have exchanged for the L had I decided to go for it.

I felt very well and patiently accomodated by them and can recommend going to the store for some friendly help.

Comment

• kodiakthebear
            • Jul 2018

So just an update – it’s been over a month now since I posted my concerns about Graham, and there’s been no progress. He did email me back once, saying how he’s going through life problems and that he’ll get back to me. This was on the 27th of July and of course, I haven’t heard anything back, despite him STILL showing activity on Instagram (wtf?). Since receiving my items +1.5 years ago, he’s only replied to me about 3 or 4 times and he comes up with a different excuse every time. This is extremely exhausting… I really feel like I’m not going to get my clothes back, or the money he owes me.
            This seems to be an issue many are having with him right now; some friends have still yet to receive Werkstaat pieces they ordered from him months ago.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

So just an update – it’s been over a month now since I posted my concerns about Graham, and there’s been no progress. He did email me back once, saying how he’s going through life problems and that he’ll get back to me. This was on the 27th of July and of course, I haven’t heard anything back, despite him STILL showing activity on Instagram (wtf?). Since receiving my items +1.5 years ago, he’s only replied to me about 3 or 4 times and he comes up with a different excuse every time. This is extremely exhausting… I really feel like I’m not going to get my clothes back, or the money he owes me.
              I don't know what you do over there when someone clearly fucks you over but I would call the police.
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• bootsndpants
                • Jun 2017

Wow thats crazy, lots of people i know have done business w/him and he has been outstanding. If he is indeed going through something i could believe it but in reality thats not your concern and you need to take care of yourself too.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bootsndpants View Post
                  Wow thats crazy, lots of people i know have done business w/him and he has been outstanding. If he is indeed going through something i could believe it but in reality thats not your concern and you need to take care of yourself too.
                  When people get hard up they do crazy shit. Sad but true.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bootsndpants
                    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    When people get hard up they do crazy shit. Sad but true.
                    yeap. there is another member/seller whose name i wont mention that had this happen. also who an forget the Temple Of Jawnz scam.

Comment

• nyarkies
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by tylerpatrickbrand
                      I know this was dumb, especially after all I’ve read on here - but I bought a Reinhard Plank hat off of re-porter-ca aka Calculus via Grailed. I purchased the hat through PayPal but as a guest giving me no payment protection. Obviously he never sent me the hat after the payment went through, and hasn’t responded to any messages since.

Is there anything I can do to recover the money or is it just gone? Either way - believe the reputation of this guy.
                      Can't you log in to your paypal account and dispute the transaction? If not through them, then through your bank or credit card provider.

If paying through paypal, always, always, always use a credit card to fund your transaction to add that extra security in case shit happens.

Comment

• tylerpatrickbrand
                        • Sep 2015

Tried - PayPal said that doing it as a guest, even if you do have an account will render the sale protection-less.

I can dispute it through my bank but that is worst case as that will be a process itself.

Thanks though. More than anything trying to add the the growing list of untrustworthy accounts of dealings with this dude.

Comment

• nyarkies
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by tylerpatrickbrand View Post
                          Tried - PayPal said that doing it as a guest, even if you do have an account will render the sale protection-less.

I can dispute it through my bank but that is worst case as that will be a process itself.

Thanks though. More than anything trying to add the the growing list of untrustworthy accounts of dealings with this dude.
                          Why should it be a process? Call them, log in to your account, or whatever, then dispute it. Tell them you didn't receive what you bought. Depending on the bank, they may require a number of days to pass before you can file a claim. Still, it's not as if you don't have any recourse.

Comment

• bootsndpants
                            • Jun 2017

what nyarkies said.

Don't avoid trying to get your money back because of some paperwork. Your bank is there to protect you and your funds. They will walk you through the process and try to help you. Sometimes if you are a good customer and the loss is not too great the bank will eat it for you and credit you just to keep you as a customer. You have to try and provide as much detail as possible so that they can fight for you.

Re online purchasing in general. I used to work in banking and always told my customers to use credit cards online. Several reasons:
                            1. fraud protection
                            2. its the creditors money so they will definitely fight for it.
                            3. it does not expose your accounts to be drained of funds in case there is a hack or something

list goes on but that's what came to mind.

Comment

• DannyDagger
                              • Nov 2018

Just found this thread. I had a really wonderful experience at the Yohji store at Rue Cambon, Paris a while back. I didn't buy anything aside a book (My Dear Bomb), but my mother who I dragged along bought a pair of pants, her first ever Yohji piece. I had a great conversation with some of the SA's, especially a small Vietnamese lady with short, spiky hair. Unfortunately, I don't remember their names, but they made the store experience fantastic. Can't wait to go again.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎