Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by CityHunter View Post
    I touched on H. Lorenzo before but...

I recently went to their tent sale that is going on now. I'm used to them throwing stuff at me saying, "This will look great on you. So will this. And This. I'll take it all to the dressing room for you" without me saying a word, so I wasn't bothered by that.
    But the thing that rubbed me the wrong way was that 2 salespeople (one veteran, one newbie) started arguing over who was helping me/who's customer I was. It was awkward - and got even more awkward when they dragged me into it. They basically made me choose who was "helping" me. It was pretty uncomfortable for the rest of my experience when I passed the salesperson that I didn't "choose".
    well i understated

but be glad people were fighting to take care of you, shows they care that you are taken care of.................the sad part would have been if you went there and no one wanted to take care of you
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Lo-ki
      • Jan 2011

Hands down the best customer service I've had is with the man himself Zamb, he always goes above and beyond what I've experienced with any outlet online or in person.
      The attention to detail, service level and performance is outstanding and I can only commend him from the bottom of my heart.

He can tell me what I've purchased 8 months ago when I've forgotten and it's sitting 2 feet away from me on a rail.

He emails me when an item is sitting in the warehouse and it's not gone out and I'm busy with my regular daily grind.

And I know he's got umpteen other things going on to attend to and I feel privileged to have a pm from the man himself when I know it's all hells bells with a new season going out to some store somewhere in the world.

How he does it is beyond me and I'm truly grateful for being able to shop with a true connoisseur, who builds a relationship with their clientele, it should always be done like this, he covers the Sales and marketing A to Z , the Z B way.

A public thank you.
      (Should have made this my 100th post)
      Last edited by Lo-ki; 11-20-2013, 07:06 PM.
      She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• CityHunter
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        well i understated

but be glad people were fighting to take care of you, shows they care that you are taken care of.................the sad part would have been if you went there and no one wanted to take care of you
        I see where you are coming from...but just to clarify, they were not fighting solely for the opportunity to help me, they were fighting for the commission they would receive from my purchase. I understand their frustration because a lot of SA's work for commission but the way they handled it was very unprofessional and dragging a customer into the argument was plain rude. I would have rather been ignored than treated like a piece of meat!

And speaking of Zam who I'm quoting and Lo-Ki who just posted - Zam does have amazing customer service! He really took care of me.

Comment

• k3mist
          • Apr 2013

Don't see a lot of talk about the office gallery
          But I just got something from them and the service is top notch.

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
            Don't see a lot of talk about the office gallery
            But I just got something from them and the service is top notch.
            Was it a custom order? I wonder if one is able to visit it in person..

Comment

• k3mist
              • Apr 2013

newp nope, drips from the stock. But I got
              A little discount and a low declaration which is always nice.
              I think you can visit them in person, got to email them.

Comment

• newp
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
                newp nope, drips from the stock. But I got
                A little discount and a low declaration which is always nice.
                I think you can visit them in person, got to email them.
                That's a wonderful purchase, congratulations! Yeah, guess I should, it's a shame to live in Cyprus without visiting it.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                  • Feb 2012

I want to share my experience with Daad Dantone in Italy, they have really great and helpful customer service.
                  Recently I made an online purchase of a Rick Owens knit cardigan from them. The item arrived Hong Kong in good time by fedex, but unfortunately, the item is damaged, with a hole on the left shoulder area. I email their customer service with photos of the defect. They responded very quickly and without any further questions they provided me with clear instructions for the exchange. I send the defect item back by Fedex ( they paid for the return shipping) and I received the exchanged item very shortly.
                  The whole exchange process is stress free and very fast which is very impressive considering I am located in Hong Kong and they have to ship internationally.

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                    • May 2013

yoox are useless,
                    their server screwed up four times and took four payments,
                    they refund three and make it unclear if the item is coming, they say they had the item in stock when they didn't they don't know about the fourth payment when i call up because their database is inconclusive, and the phone line disconnected the first 3 times with 5 minute waits.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

yoox run a lot of their operations using interns, fyi...

just an update - was concerned about customer service from pollyanna based on earlier posts here, but personally i am super pleased with the service level i just experienced.

very quick shipping, good advice by phone about sizing and shipping, and carefully packed item.

two tumbs up, so far.
                      Last edited by Shucks; 01-08-2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: updated post

Comment

• hurricane08
                        • Nov 2008

Just wanted to leave here my positive feedback for Daad Dantone store in Santo Spirito ,not the e-boutique,because i just read some comments opposite of what i've experienced irl. Perfect/professional customer service and very friendly assistants.They even gave me directions to some great restaurants in Milan .

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

I had a bit of an oos glitch with ink due to Chinese New year (understandable). Mark was very good with communication and filling my substitute order, and the item arrived much faster than I'd anticipated.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                            • Dec 2013

i inquired about an item from cruvoir, which didn't have a price listed. they were selling it for over $300 more than any other site who stocked it. after sending this INQUIRY email, they put me on their mailing list, and send at least 2 pointless emails a week. when i tried to unsubscribe, the link just goes to reply to the email, which is technically illegal.

Comment

• flying lotus
                              • Dec 2012

A bad experience at H.Lorenzo recently..ordered a pair of shoes, 4 days later, still no shipping notification so I sent an email.

Was greeted not with an apology, but a weird note asking for a copy of my utilites bill (they said they needed to verify my billing address, which was completely strange and has never happened before).

After sending them a photo of my drivers license, it took them an additional 3 days to ship out. After all that, no apology, future discount, or any kind of effort to make it up. Really disappointed.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

i've been asked for the same thing by a french online retailer. what they told me when i bitched about it ( i had to do it more than once) was that it was for insurance purposes. i did some googling on this retailer's payment system and apparently they are using one of the big consulting companies that specialize in advising online retailers on how to minimize loss through fraud. this 'utility bill' thing is one of the ridiculously awkward techniques these consultancies propose to their retailer clients...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎