Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by flying lotus View Post
    After all that, no apology, future discount, or any kind of effort to make it up. Really disappointed.
    Why should they offering that? I meant 3 days of time frame for the item to be shipped out seem quite fine to me.. I understand if it takes a week or so.
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

Dealing with Farfetch was the worst shopping experience i ever had. Here's for the start: they delivered my parcel to their London HQ without telling me it's okay that my stuff was picked up by some other guy, and after i e-mailed them myself there were days of waiting without a tracking number. It's not the real issue though...

Turned out they send me the wrong product, not the one i actually ordered. Tons of e-mails, lots of waiting, DHL didn't pick up the parcel from my home two times, because it's not that easy to send something using this way, and Farfetch didn't tell me how to do it properly. Then i took it to DHL office by myself, tired of all this "luxury shopping".

And the best part? No apologies from the store. No future discount, no free shipping on the next order, no store credit... Actually, they didn't even refund me the shipping costs - glad i was using the code which covered the shipping for the most part, but anyway...

Well, at least the customer service was pretty good.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

FarFetch is the most mismanaged company I have ever dealt with. These guys literally don't want to make money.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mirror&Rack
          • Sep 2007

Which is crazy, especially considering the large influx(es) of cash they've enjoyed recently. It may seem like they don't want to make money, but considering that they're taking an average of 20% from the stores they work with, all while providing subpar customer service and an inefficient returns system, I have to imagine they're making a killing, especially considering the youth of their company. Scheduling a pickup? What is this, the 20th century? ...

After my last nightmare return, I decided that if the piece I want cannot be found anywhere outside of FF, I take it upon myself to contact the store directly. I get to talk to a real person, who can provide data unavailable on the site, and I have often saved money over the FF price (ie VAT being deducted, even paying the US duty)

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mirror&Rack View Post
            After my last nightmare return, I decided that if the piece I want cannot be found anywhere outside of FF, I take it upon myself to contact the store directly. I get to talk to a real person, who can provide data unavailable on the site, and I have often saved money over the FF price (ie VAT being deducted, even paying the US duty)
            this. i use farfetch like google.

Comment

• udbrud
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
              Dealing with Farfetch was the worst shopping experience i ever had. Here's for the start: they delivered my parcel to their London HQ without telling me it's okay that my stuff was picked up by some other guy, and after i e-mailed them myself there were days of waiting without a tracking number. It's not the real issue though...
              Really? I'm surprised. I mean, I've heard some of the complaints about Farfetch before, but I've never had anything but positive experiences dealing with their customer service and never had any problems with deliveries or returns. Well, except the couple of times where they realized a couple of days later that the item I had ordered, had been sold by the store itself ... that never ceases to be a pain in the ass - so that part speaks in favor of just dealing with the stores directly.

Anyway, wanted to comment on the excellence that is Harvey's in Berlin. Bought a pair of Layer-0 boots from there a couple of weeks back; Siegfried who owns the store was an absolute gentleman and just a genuine sweetheart. Extremely friendly, attentive, "no pressure" service that developed into a couple of very nice conversations and a lot of tried on clothes (which unfortunately resulted in me understanding why I need a Harnden Norfolk jacket).

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by udbrud View Post
                Really? I'm surprised. I mean, I've heard some of the complaints about Farfetch before, but I've never had anything but positive experiences dealing with their customer service and never had any problems with deliveries or returns. Well, except the couple of times where they realized a couple of days later that the item I had ordered, had been sold by the store itself ... that never ceases to be a pain in the ass - so that part speaks in favor of just dealing with the stores directly.

Anyway, wanted to comment on the excellence that is Harvey's in Berlin. Bought a pair of Layer-0 boots from there a couple of weeks back; Siegfried who owns the store was an absolute gentleman and just a genuine sweetheart. Extremely friendly, attentive, "no pressure" service that developed into a couple of very nice conversations and a lot of tried on clothes (which unfortunately resulted in me understanding why I need a Harnden Norfolk jacket).
                Siegfriend is a bad ass. One of the most enjoyable stores and nicest conversations I've had across the Atlantic. He loves what he does and loves telling stories about Communist era east Berlin and being there for JFK's speech at Brandenburg.

I've always had great experiences at Ulf Haines. Ulf himself is usually there and super nice. Both Harvey's and Ulf Haines carry LUC as well.
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• justinhere
                  • Jan 2014

Dealing with LN-CC,i have such bad experience with them. I ordered a Lanvin theme jacket from them last week and they sent a stupid shirt to me.They answered the jacket is missing in warehouse just now and ask me to do a lot of paper work to help them return this shirt from US back to UK by DHL and only return 17 GBP to my account. That's real dumb!

Comment

• delicious_not
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by udbrud View Post
                    As i said, their customer service was pretty good, except they didn't tell me about all the paperwork for DHL that i need if i use their pick-up service.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by justinhere View Post
                      Dealing with LN-CC,i have such bad experience with them. I ordered a Lanvin theme jacket from them last week and they sent a stupid shirt to me.They answered the jacket is missing in warehouse just now and ask me to do a lot of paper work to help them return this shirt from US back to UK by DHL and only return 17 GBP to my account. That's real dumb!

i'm pretty sure if you contact them again and explain what it is you are unhappy with, they will do their best to take care of you. their customer service in my opinion is absolutely stellar.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by justinhere View Post
                        both times i've tried ordering from LN-CC, they have sent me the wrong product.

little more than a formal apology each time - never again LN-CC, never again.

-

Comment

• justinhere
                          • Jan 2014

I did nicely to contact them about this and what i get is the 15 GBP returned of shipping , do a lot of paper works to return it and in the mean time the jacket i ordered is still missing.
                          Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          i'm pretty sure if you contact them again and explain what it is you are unhappy with, they will do their best to take care of you. their customer service in my opinion is absolutely stellar.

Comment

• justinhere
                            • Jan 2014

I agreed with you,even they talk nicely,do not mean they can keep send wrong items to the customer.I will also say never to ln-cc.
                            Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                            both times i've tried ordering from LN-CC, they have sent me the wrong product.

little more than a formal apology each time - never again LN-CC, never again.

Comment

• josecc
                              • Feb 2012

I had a couple transactions with Serie-Noire, fast shipping (free) and really good customer service, my second order was not in stock but they provided a good second choice.

Comment

• udbrud
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                                Siegfriend is a bad ass. One of the most enjoyable stores and nicest conversations I've had across the Atlantic. He loves what he does and loves telling stories about Communist era east Berlin and being there for JFK's speech at Brandenburg.

I've always had great experiences at Ulf Haines. Ulf himself is usually there and super nice. Both Harvey's and Ulf Haines carry LUC as well.
                                Definitely great. Harvey's has officially moved to my list of best Berlin stores now.
                                Hadn't heard of Ulf Haines, so thanks for that recommendation - I'll check the spot out next time I'm in town.

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                                As i said, their customer service was pretty good, except they didn't tell me about all the paperwork for DHL that i need if i use their pick-up service.
                                That's what I'm surprised about, actually. Whenever I've had to deal with it, it's merely been a matter of calling DHL and slapping the included sticker on it. It does sound like the whole episode you had with them was a huge mess though - that sucks.
                                Still think sold out items are the most irritating aspect of Farfetch, heh, I'm counting myself lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎