Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dorje
    • Oct 2013

Nice e0d, that's class!

I have been eyeing the maroon double face coat but IDK... I like it but it's better admired from afar as it wouldn't go with my wardrobe well enough.

Comment

• mikemikemike
      • Jun 2011

i had two pairs(with some other thing) of pants ordered from 4shop in kuwait a couple of weeks back. both InAsica. bought one after getting the measurements but the second(like a fool) without. Same size.

bumbled on their order page. the team emailed me and fixed it within a day(time difference between usa and kuwait) and shipped out dhl.
      pants get here no problems....except one pair is too small on me. both are sale items so officially no refund or exchange.

I emailed the team asked if anything can be done at all and they promptly responded by saying it was not a problem (i had to cover the shipping naturally) since it was a first time deal.

VERY prompt easy to deal with and understanding. dealing with the financial aspect (aside from the insane hit to the usd in the transfer) was very smooth.
      super service!

Comment

• MrBushido
        • Dec 2013

INK and PNP are my top 2.

INK, i believe they only have 3 people for both stores 'which are quite popular with the local crowd' and depending on how busy they are, they may not respond promptly.

Guess i'm Lucky but they are always prompt with the mails i send. Mark is always helpful. It's the first store i go to when in HK.

Marco at PNP is always helpful and patient with me. Very prompt with emails and good prices.

Brand wise, BBS is at the top of my list. Cristina is just amazing
        Last edited by MrBushido; 03-21-2014, 02:47 PM. Reason: no complains

Comment

• May 2007

Store Credit

I've had serious issues with Pollyanna, IF, and Lazzari dealing with store credit.
          Have had no problems with most online retailers. Love The Archive, Darklands (from my one order and several emails), and even the above listed stores in all my other transactions with them.

Lazzari is the only one I'd give a pass on. It was a CCP suit I sent back about 3 years ago and emails regarding the store credit have gone unanswered.

With Pollyanna, Fred had made a mistake on a charge, never discounted my next order with the credit even though I'd mentioned it to him. I then told him I wanted to purchase something with the credit and told him what it was, my email was ignored. A while back someone else from the store did in fact ask me to dig up the old emails but I was unable to find them.

IF, I returned a Paul Harnden jacket and was specifically told the store credit had no expiration. Last trip into NYC the same salesperson told me it expired. I argued the point, he admitted he had said it didn't expire, but they had no record of the credit and I haven't been able to find the original.

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

Sorry for hear that mate. Regarding Lazzariweb, they always been very fantastic about the service for me.. I have never returning an item before though. Always thought they are able to refunds for return..

From what I noticed that some retailers from refunds of return goods to store credit are getting more..
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MrBushido View Post
              INK and PNP are my top 2.
              i don't think they will be very happy that 'loyal' customers like you spread the good words on public forum re the special deals they give you...
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• MrBushido
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                i don't think they will be very happy that 'loyal' customers like you spread the good words on public forum re the special deals they give you...
                I don't think they would mine and everyone would get the same treatment if they are 'loyal'...

In any case i edited the original

Comment

• Gouki
                  • May 2009

Anyone have make a order with For-Tomorrow (the rick owens pre-order). They don't answer the questions about the delivery. Great communication before order, zero communication after...

edit ////
                  After long time waiting, I contacted paypal for object No received, after that for-tomorow sent me 3 articles (adidas) instead of 3 drkshdw article, now I waiting for my refund by paypal.

I absolutly no recommend this folks, they don't answer my email after money has coming, great team i say… I repeat, DONT BUY FROM FOR TOMOROW !!!!!!
                  Last edited by Gouki; 05-02-2014, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• i-d-g
                    • Sep 2012

I had the worst retail experience of my life today at PNP Firenze (also known as A Piedi Nudi Nel Parco).

I walked in with two friends just to browse. After a couple of minutes, we were greeted by an older woman who worked with the store.

She asked if we were students at Polimoda, which is a decent sized fashion school for a city the size of Florence. We said yes, we are all fashion design students, and she rolled her eyes and started spouting off in half Italian and half English saying, "Students of Polimoda? Ah. Why are you in here? Just leave. You all come in this store for research and inspiration, then buy from Louisa(viaRoma). You go to Polimoda, your parents are rich. Next time come back with a credit card."

She continued to spout off in Italian, then walked away to the front of the store. I am normally a calm person and it really takes a lot to bother me, but I am never stepping foot in that store again.

I went into the store to genuinely appreciate the selection of designers, which I can't find anywhere else in Florence (Harnden, CCP, ma+, etc). The fact that she wants me to leave because I'm not willing spend my father's money on a 2,000-3,000 euro coat is horrendous. Also, even if students come in to research the clothing, shouldn't you encourage that? It should be about the product. Maybe if she was less bitter, she would turn a student onto a brand, and eventually make a sale.
                    “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

This is a sad story. However, their online support is top-notch, they can even make a fit picture for you (for jewelry only in my case though) and all kind of measurements as well.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by i-d-g View Post
                        I had the worst retail experience of my life today at PNP Firenze (also known as A Piedi Nudi Nel Parco).

I walked in with two friends just to browse. After a couple of minutes, we were greeted by an older woman who worked with the store.

She asked if we were students at Polimoda, which is a decent sized fashion school for a city the size of Florence. We said yes, we are all fashion design students, and she rolled her eyes and started spouting off in half Italian and half English saying, "Students of Polimoda? Ah. Why are you in here? Just leave. You all come in this store for research and inspiration, then buy from Louisa(viaRoma). You go to Polimoda, your parents are rich. Next time come back with a credit card."

She continued to spout off in Italian, then walked away to the front of the store. I am normally a calm person and it really takes a lot to bother me, but I am never stepping foot in that store again.

I went into the store to genuinely appreciate the selection of designers, which I can't find anywhere else in Florence (Harnden, CCP, ma+, etc). The fact that she wants me to leave because I'm not willing spend my father's money on a 2,000-3,000 euro coat is horrendous. Also, even if students come in to research the clothing, shouldn't you encourage that? It should be about the product. Maybe if she was less bitter, she would turn a student onto a brand, and eventually make a sale.

what exactly does "to genuinely appreciate the selection" mean? just loiter around, touch delicate and expensive garments and waste sales staff's time?

to be frank, i can totally see this lady's point of view on this. it's fucking annoying when carefully curated store environments are treated like showrooms or museums, by students or others.

if there is zero chance you might purchase something, maybe you shouldn't be in the store until you are ready to buy. it's not a "retail experience" if you are doing research for some school project.

Comment

• magic
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by i-d-g View Post
                          Also, even if students come in to research the clothing, shouldn't you encourage that? It should be about the product. Maybe if she was less bitter, she would turn a student onto a brand, and eventually make a sale.

Maybe not in a retail store. I mean they are running a store and not like a library or museum etc. Imagine people just coming in asking questions and trying the clothes just for the seek of researching and not buying at all.
                          Focusing on object details

Comment

• 550BC
                            • Jan 2013

Just a few experiences I had with some retailers.

Project 3,14 Good experience with them during AW12, bought a pair of BBS sneakers and asked for an extra garment bag if possible, received with no problem and a quick, clear communication during the transaction.

Serie Noire Had a perfect experience with these people, I wasn't sure about my size, so they helped me with all the measurements and provided extra fit pics with details from someone similar to my height. Received a waterproof clothing bag and a perfect supportive clothing hanger for heavy leather jackets.

Darklands great service as always, no need explanation.

INK same as Darklands, received an extra garment bag without asking. Pita is always helpful and provides all information needed.

Vertice London I always have a good experience when visiting Vertice when I am in London, and I don't feel forced of buying something here, it's just relaxed and Sade is very helpful and gentle, good conversations about art and fashion with an espresso, They provide good service and help you with the decision when in doubt, s when you ask to keep a garment aside they will till the end of the day.

Antonioli I visited the store in Milan, 4 people were working there, only 1 was helping and friendly that was Sebastien Polett, (he used to model for BBS during SS11). There was this female assistant who was helping my GF until she decided not to purchase any of the items she tried on cause what she was searching for wasn't in stock anymore in her size, so the assistant walked away and started gossiping to her manager about us(what??) yeah that happened.. Sebastien was still friendly until his cash register didn't work for some reason and he started hitting it and cursing in Italian and English

DAAD Dantone
                            Visited them in Milan, warm welcome and friendly staff.

L'Eclarieur Standard tradition visit when in Paris, Warm welcome, great service and most of the time me or my gf walk away happy with a nice addition to the closet. but almost every time I am there, there is a unsatisfied customer complaining about a previous transaction he had.
                            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• 550BC
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                              what exactly does "to genuinely appreciate the selection" mean? just loiter around, touch delicate and expensive garments and waste sales staff's time?

to be frank, i can totally see this lady's point of view on this. it's fucking annoying when carefully curated store environments are treated like showrooms or museums, by students or others.

if there is zero chance you might purchase something, maybe you shouldn't be in the store until you are ready to buy. it's not a "retail experience" if you are doing research for some school project.

I agree, but maybe he was about to purchase something and this affected his decision.
                              I would understand the lady, but of course I won't spend anything when she insults me and pre-judges me. or I must desperately be in need of something they have in stock.. ha!
                              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• i-d-g
                                • Sep 2012

what exactly does "to genuinely appreciate the selection" mean? just loiter around, touch stuff and waste sales staff's time?

You're assuming I'm some kind of inconsiderate fool.

I wasn't researching for anything related to school (if I ever decided that was a good idea, I'd at least do it at the beginning of the semester). I was going to look at the garments of my favorite designers in person, because there's an element that doesn't translate over a picture on the internet. How else am I supposed to form my own opinions on Harnden/ma+/Guidi/whoever if I never see the work in person?

I understand the environment and am always very respectful of that, as I was today. I didn't take garments of the hangers for the sake of just taking them off the hanger, I didn't request to try anything on. I was not troubling the SA in any way. I know I'm not the ideal client for a store who carries 2,000-3,000 products, but even so, it's poor marketing for the store to treat any body like that.

The idea is that if I have some left over money at the end of the semester, I would have gone in and made a small purchase to support the store and a designer.

I'm not wrong here, unless you have a better method for observing designers' work.
                                “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎