Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swami
    • Jul 2008

I think its reasonable as a buyer to expect the Retailer to act on your behalf in dealing with construction issues with the manufacturer!

I have to say LAZZARI has been exceptional in handling and responding to issues with CCP & Guidi for me in the past.

I guess you have to get to the point of being a regular client for the store to be interested in taking care of you?

Comment

• tenorish
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
      6 months is the life expectancy of a $1000 pair of sneakers? I'd like to think it's a little longer than that.
      Oasis, I get you and completely agree with it. If I buy sneakers worth $1000 then they better last me a year or two, but that is the responsibility of the manufacturer.

From personal experience I can say there are retailers who have made a considerable effort to replace "faulty" goods where the fault lay in the manufacturing process, or to provide some sort of a refund.

But whether all manufacturers would allow for such faulty goods to be replaced free of charge for the retailer is an open question. In that case I wouldn't be too hard on the retailer, but would still expect kind and friendly treatment. Anything above that I would consider a bonus, which would make me buy from them more often. I guess you can call that exceptional customer service.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

I think the real lesson here is stop buying rick shoes!
        music

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

The Archive has done stellar service for me in the past when a garment has been lacking in quality. I have bad luck with construction, and they have always made me a very happy customer. I don't think it took being a regular either. It just seems to be their approach.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

the archive has given me the best service i've had yet in this corner of the fashion retail world. very personalized. i consider arthur a friend and we've never even met lol. lazzari and pnp and zekka as well. darklands too although i've never actually bought from them. which is a testament to campbell and co.'s epic patience.

hmm. i don't really have any complaints i guess.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
              darklands too although i've never actually bought from them. which is a testament to campbell and co.'s epic patience.

this. so important as a retailer in our market. lose it and give shitty service and the whole value proposition ('illusion' if you will) immediately falls to pieces...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                I think the real lesson here is stop buying rick shoes!
                hahahaha, i literally loled.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BBSLM View Post
                  I second great service from Lucy at LN-CC.
                  Third that! Long live Lucy!!
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

would also like to add imogen at RO london to the list of people who deliver great service, even in the smallest of matters. thanks for being exactly the opposite of doshaburi...
                    Last edited by Shucks; 07-12-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Antidote
                      • Apr 2009

[QUOTE=Haven;375336]A friend of mine has a retail shop in Stockholm. They stock Rick Owens and I was told by her that RO doesn't accept any complaints at all.

That's not true. I had problems with several Jeans and they tried to help me. Really friendly !!!

Comment

• blowdown
                        • Feb 2011

probably had one of the best transaction with both Marco and Luigi at PNP, kind of wondering why should they not be one of the sites affiliates

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

they didn't want to when the time was right and now it's too late.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blowdown
                            • Feb 2011

dont know what happened there, but still think it will benefit everyone if things happen to work out in the future.

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by merz
                              Thread is pointless- sz charges to promote retailers and threads raising issue with retailers present a conflict of interest.
                              what i had in mind when i said it wouldn't be easy turning sz into where2kopadvisor
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by merz
                                Thread is pointless- sz charges to promote retailers and threads raising issue with retailers present a conflict of interest.

1) maybe SZ management is clever enough to realize that sucking up to retailers by censoring site content will piss off sz members (also a source of revenue now)
                                2) maybe some retailers are clever enough to realize that negative feedback can be useful in actually improving a flawed service offer
                                3) maybe some of the affiliates retailers are actually of the type that would get positive feedback in a thread like this, rather than negative

and even if there is a conflict of interest, that doesn't make the thread itself pointless, now does it - at least not until it is censored...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎