Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Maybe both of you need to chill the fuck out before you go making judgments about SZ management.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Maybe both of you need to chill the fuck out before you go making judgments about SZ management.
      think u got me wrong here. i'm not criticising u in any way nor expecting any bias in modification of content whatsoever - i wouldn't be here if i didn't like the way the site is managed (and the fact that i do like it was sort of my point, really - which i guess is judging u but i think most people evaluate pros and cons of what they use, to some degree...) so chill right back at ya.
      Last edited by Shucks; 07-06-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• tenorish
        • Oct 2011

If you happen to order from the Lanvin e-store be prepared to have to write five emails to get a response, and not be disclosed the tracking number for your shipment.. which is quite a pain if you have a day job and don't know when the shipment is going to arrive.

LN-CC on the other hand provides everything one can wish for in terms of customer service. I know it's already been mentioned here quite often ;)

Comment

• teeteet
          • Dec 2009

How about PRICES? I think LVR has one of the highest retail prices online, whereas Antonioli usually has the lowest.

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

Are you sure about that ?
            LVR and Antonioli have exactly the same price on same items. Don't know about Antonioli about shipping but I can count to LVR for an express free shipping.
            But maybe depends locations...

Comment

• teeteet
              • Dec 2009

LVR > Thecorner.com > Antonioli , from my experience.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

A discussion of prices isn't needed, SZers know the price of everything...
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• wurm
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by tenorish View Post
                  If you happen to order from the Lanvin e-store be prepared to have to write five emails to get a response, and not be disclosed the tracking number for your shipment.. which is quite a pain if you have a day job and don't know when the shipment is going to arrive.

LN-CC on the other hand provides everything one can wish for in terms of customer service. I know it's already been mentioned here quite often ;)
                  It's not my first time ordering from them but I also must express my gratitude for their customer service for a recent order. Best I've ever experienced through an online boutique. Not to mention that their prices are really low, at least from what I've seen.

Comment

• tenorish
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by wurm View Post
                    It's not my first time ordering from them but I also must express my gratitude for their customer service for a recent order. Best I've ever experienced through an online boutique. Not to mention that their prices are really low, at least from what I've seen.
                    True. I don't know if it's the same story every season but they probably had the best sale of the lot this time, atleast from the European boutiques. And if you used the code for SZers on top, then there were a lot of steals.

Comment

• olethomas
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teeteet View Post
                      How about PRICES? I think LVR has one of the highest retail prices online, whereas Antonioli usually has the lowest.
                      well, i do not agree with you on that. i don't know where you're from but in norway the tax levels is so high you that if you purchase clothing that cost €1000, the total sum after VAT and toll is €1385 (so the total price is about +39% of the item's price).

so for me, LVR is a lot cheaper than buying stuff in the designer's stores (for example, rick is about 5-10% cheaper on LVR that in rick stores).

Comment

• Garley
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2012

Maxfield Los Angeles Harassment

Hey, so I wanted to share my experience shopping at Maxfield on Melrose in Los Angeles this past Saturday (copy-pasted from my Yelp review):

Any time you're at Maxfield, a floor salesperson will follow your every motion around the store. A young lady was shadowing me so I decided to ask her questions about the clothes as I was looking around:
                        "Do they use beeswax on this leather to make it stiff and shiny like this?"
                        "Does this jacket smell this way because it's made of hemp?"
                        "Which of these brands of boot makers do you prefer?"
                        "Do you think people are willing to pay a premium because these clothes are like pieces of modern art?"
                        "How did you end up working at Maxfield?"

The saleswoman who was helping me kind of answered my questions, but it didn't seem like she was used to answering questions.

As I was walking around I said hello to one of their (many) security guards. He seemed surprised, so I asked him if anyone had said hello to him in the store before? He said I was literally the second person since he'd begun working there. Perhaps I'm too friendly to be their normal clientele. Maxfield is not a 'hello' kind of place.

I was sitting on an ottoman looking at a large book by one of their designers when a middle-aged woman approached me. Looming over me, arms crossed, she began questioning why I was in the store,
                        "I understand you have some questions. [Saleslady] said you've been asking some unusual questions."
                        So I asked her what the designer had done to make the leather on a certain jacket look and feel the way it did.
                        She said, "It's horse leather." Annoyed, angry.
                        By her curt answers, she made it immediately clear that she had a problem with me.
                        She said, "Your questions are extremely unusual. We don't look kindly on people from the industry posing as shoppers to gather industry information."

I was really embarrassed - how could I prove that I'm not a spy? I could say I'm not a spy... but that's exactly what a spy would say... I was extremely uncomfortable to be subjected to this kind of scrutiny and paranoia.
                        I tried talking to this woman, hoping she'd believe me, but after a few minutes of inquisition it was clear she wasn't going to leave me alone. She was still angry and I was shaking in my boots. I was sweating because she came at me unexpectedly, fixed me in an unwavering stare, began questioning me and wouldn't let me go.

After talking to her for about five minutes she had made it clear I was no longer wanted there. I was mortified and shaken as I left the shop. One of the most bizarre and embarrassing experiences of my life.

After leaving, I called their store and left a message for their general manager. I have not received a reply from the manager.

I cannot recommend to anyone interested in looking at clothing or asking questions about clothing to shop at Maxfield. You are unwelcome there and you will be harassed.

Comment

• #ruin
                          • Jul 2011

sounds like it was more due to your social awkwardness than anything, those are certainly a very odd set of questions. almost sounds like it could have been a survey of some sort!

Comment

• Garley
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                            sounds like it was more due to your social awkwardness than anything, those are certainly a very odd set of questions. almost sounds like it could have been a survey of some sort!
                            I'd hardly call my questions that unusual and there are few situations where I'm socially awkward. I was pretty comfortable, everything seemed fine until I was put on the spot by the woman who accused me of being an industry spy. She was angry and curt with me and I'd say yes, that made things awkward and embarrassing.

It's difficult to not be awkward when you're relaxed, shopping, talking, having a good time and then suddenly you are angrily accused of something and told your behavior is problematic. That kind of situation is entirely inappropriate and unacceptable for any respectable retailer.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                              • Feb 2010

^did you at least tell her to put the stick out of her ass?

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Can't say that I'm surprised.. I've been to the store maybe 4-5 times, and never have I found an employee that would seem like they know anything about the goods they sell, but have encountered ones that walk 3ft behind you and throw around the wrong designer names. A couple of SA's have been decently nice, others total dicks. I suppose they don't need anyone enthusiastic in the store when they get their money from celebs and douchebags in lamborghinis.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎