Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

don't order from jades24.de if you are short on time to receive your item - they are sloppy and slow. first they take several days to ship, then you don't get the tracking number, then they don't reply to your emails/messages requesting it and then they are all uppity when you call...

i would like to support smaller retailers more, but imho the benefits of luisa via roma's excellent customer service still wins out in the end.

Comment

• Dropt
      • May 2009

Feedback on Sharp Japan Service Proxy I wrote on a deleted thread :

I'm having the most unpleasant experience wih them right now. I sent money to buy two items on Rakuten last Sunday and one is sold out and the other still up on sale, and I don't know whatever happened to my money in the meantime. Although I consider myself a long time customer to their services (2+ years, more than 10 transactions), this is a total disaster.

One would say it's Christmas rush, well then manage client's expectations by writing them a mail, that's the minimum. Or just refrain business for this period.

Don't advertise yourself as a professional proxy if you can't keep up with the customer mails (I sent five mails in three days and got two answers telling me to "be patient") let alone ordering from a fucking website in a timely manner. That's the last time I'm using them.
      Last edited by Dropt; 12-29-2012, 01:17 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

your post wasn't deleted, the whole thread was because it was pretty pointless.

I quoted the post from there into your post above if you want to keep it here.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

they DO NOT answer emails at all, I've asked many times info about items on sale and never got an answer...perhaps they speak only German

BUT I must say that once I returned a pair of Rick Owens pants which ripped at the waist after 1 month of wear and they immediately answered my return request and refunded me

Their shipping to Italy is pretty fast

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          don't order from jades24.de if you are short on time to receive your item - they are sloppy and slow. first they take several days to ship, then you don't get the tracking number, then they don't reply to your emails/messages requesting it and then they are all uppity when you call...

i would like to support smaller retailers more, but imho the benefits of luisa via roma's excellent customer service still wins out in the end.

Comment

• Dropt
            • May 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            your post wasn't deleted, the whole thread was because it was pretty pointless.

I quoted the post from there into your post above if you want to keep it here.
            That's great, thanks. I edited my message to clarify.

Comment

• electricgecko
              • May 2012

i just had a pleasantly surprising experience with Layers. i ordered just before christmas and didn't get a shipping confirmation until december 31st. i was annoyed about the delay – until i checked with DHL to find that my package had been sitting at my neighbours since the 28th.

£20 for international shipping isn't dead cheap, but if it's express and everything works smoothly, i'm all for it.

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

I mailed a single jacket to Canada the other day and paid £24 for the standard signed for service.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

The only surprises from retailers should be unpleasant ones.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dropt
                    • May 2009

Following up my last post and closing the story :

After a few more mails from my side without any successful outcome, they decided to refund me out of nowhere. Ten days after the first inquiry/money transfer. Thanks, will never deal with you again. Long gone is the time they were sending chocolate with your order, and it's a shame.

Comment

• CityHunter
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                      obviously i'm not saying all the big ones are like that though. here in the uk, whenever i go to DSM or LN-CC they have the friendliest staff i've ever met, in any store ever.
                      I'll have to agree on DSM...I felt the staff was super knowledgeable and helpful without being all up in my face, (Rose Cafe included) especially the fellas in the basement. I chatted it up with an SA about places to grab a snack/coffee (as a tourist) and she hand drew a map and listed her favorite spots in the area, which was awesome. And no, this particular case wasn't UK hospitality - she was originally from the Bay Area/US. Go USA! We are nice sometimes!

Service at H. Lorenzo (the main shop on Sunset, HLNR is cool) is...not bad, but not great, I guess. I just keep getting asked to try on sizes that are not my size, and if they don't work (obviously) I get other pieces thrown at me that would "work" that I am not interested in. I understand it's a tactic, but it's kind of bothersome.

Comment

• samlasamla
                        • Sep 2011

in my experience, bergdorf goodman is the absolute gold standard when it comes to customer service. i've shopped at most of the retailers we talk about here. none of them come close to bergdorf, of course, but that's a given -- you can't expect small boutiques dealing in artisanal clothing to offer the same level of service as a luxury department store.

that said, some that offer exceptional service nonetheless. the best of the lot in my opinion are archivesf, atelier, pnp firenze and h.lorenzo.

Comment

• Alseal
                          • Dec 2012

I had a chance to check out the new shop VOID in Paris, the service was exceptional, everyone including the owner was really humble and helpful!

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Alseal View Post
                            I had a chance to check out the new shop VOID in Paris, the service was exceptional, everyone including the owner was really humble and helpful!
                            That's because they're Russian not French.

Note: nice shop and nice service, been there once and they had a good selection of non-boring, non-kitsch stuff. Much more in the spirit of Yohji than something harsher and subcultural.
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by samlasamla View Post
                              in my experience, bergdorf goodman is the absolute gold standard when it comes to customer service. i've shopped at most of the retailers we talk about here. none of them come close to bergdorf, of course, but that's a given -- you can't expect small boutiques dealing in artisanal clothing to offer the same level of service as a luxury department store.

that said, some that offer exceptional service nonetheless. the best of the lot in my opinion are archivesf, atelier, pnp firenze and h.lorenzo.
                              I'm curious what services you've received at BG that couldn't translate to a small boutique? Are we talking valet service...or just general helpfulness?
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Castor
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                I'm curious what services you've received at BG that couldn't translate to a small boutique? Are we talking valet service...or just general helpfulness?
                                Excellent in house tailors with alterations being included in the price at full retail is a definite advantage with department stores like BG. Messenger service has been offered to me free of charge several times as well. But, generally speaking the staff is not as enthusiastic and informed as in smaller boutiques.
                                Originally posted by DRRRK
                                The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎