Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

What's up with retailers restricting delivery options? I ordered a necklace from La Garconne, and I'm not allowed to pick up my own package. At least I have the option to reschedule the delivery date for Saturday at $10 to FedEx, but apparently Net a Porter won't even give you that luxury. No option to pickup or reschedule with their UPS restrictions, if you're not home when the truck arrives, you're shit out of luck, I guess. Definitely something I'll remember for future purchases.

Is this that whole exclusivity thing that they talk about? Only people who don't have to work can buy luxury goods?
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• BrokenBoards
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
      Is this that whole exclusivity thing that they talk about? Only people who don't have to work can buy luxury goods?
      Probably has less to do with exclusivity and more to do with insurance.
      "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

That's a pity, it could be such a selling point. Still, I don't see how a pickup option where I have to present a government-issued ID is such a liability to inconvenience a customer to this extent.

Comment

• ian+
          • Dec 2011

Do you mean that if you are not at home the parcel is being redirected automatically to the retailer?
          ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
            Do you mean that if you are not at home the parcel is being redirected automatically to the retailer?
            Yes, they'll make 3 delivery attempts, and if no dice, then no package for me. Only way to change the delivery option to reschedule for a time when I'm available or pick up is for the retailer to contact UPS and release the imposed delivery restrictions.

Comment

• eyebefore#
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
              Probably has less to do with exclusivity and more to do with insurance.
              This is most likely accurate. Anything shipped through fed ex or ups that's insured to 1K and above can only be delivered with a signature confirmation.

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Yes, they'll make 3 delivery attempts, and if no dice, then no package for me. Only way to change the delivery option to reschedule for a time when I'm available or pick up is for the retailer to contact UPS and release the imposed delivery restrictions.
                are you sure? I have successfully rescheduled delivery from all big retailers and almost every courier service. Here they attempt to deliver for the first time and if you are absent they leave a note with a telephone to call, you schedule the second delivery to meet your needs or tell them that you will pickup from their central office if there is one. Are you certain that you can't reschedule before reaching the three time limit?

Comment

• jskidder1
                  • Jan 2011

this has happened to me before. you can always reschedule delivery to your home at any time before the third and final attempt. in one case a delivery attempt could only be made m-f with a window of 8a-8p, which was horribly inconvenient but at least its a solution.

you cannot, however, reschedule delivery to any other address, including to an authorized pickup location. you can have it held at the warehouse, which is the default after the third attempt, where they will hold it for up to 5 business days. the warehouse is typically quite inconvenient and only open m-f during normal working hours, so also not a great option but not impossible either.

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

also I don't know if this would be convenient but you could set your work place to be the delivery address

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Yeah, unfortunately not, security is pretty tight where I work. Technically, I'm not even allowed to hold the door open for people coming in behind me.

Hopefully one of you is right, and the lady on the phone just didn't know what she was talking about. But if not, I guess I'll have to call some people or make arrangements or something. I didn't want to make a big deal of this, but just heads up to anyone who might be shopping from those two stores. I've never had this problem from any other store I've purchased from. I guess worst case scenario, I have to take day a off work.

Just seems odd to me. I can understand basic precautions against average thieves or wear and return people, but you'd have to be a con artist to warrant restrictions against picking up a package with a government ID. But for all I know, maybe that's more common than I'd thought, an underground ring of con artists hustling luxury goods.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

are you sure? I have successfully rescheduled delivery from all big retailers and almost every courier service.
                        It varies a lot by your location. I've also had packages with redirect restrictions redirected or have picked them up with DHL, Fedex and UPS. But I live in a small city in EU, its different in the US.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                          • Aug 2012

Today I gave a visit to Doshaburi while in Barcelona looking for a rick jacket. When finally found the one between their terribly unorginised racks I asked "Can I try it on? The guy said "It's very expensive", "Im well aware of that, can I try it on?" "It's very expensive, you can't only try it on" (I was dressed in all Boris). How the hell am I supposed to buy something without trying it on first I thought and left.

When I visited last year and asked if they had BBS the other guy said he was an asshole and they don't sell him anymore.

Poor choice, terrible customer service, definately not worth a visit when you're in Barcelona.

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

Yeah, unfortunately not, security is pretty tight where I work. Technically, I'm not even allowed to hold the door open for people coming in behind me.

Hopefully one of you is right, and the lady on the phone just didn't know what she was talking about. But if not, I guess I'll have to call some people or make arrangements or something. I didn't want to make a big deal of this, but just heads up to anyone who might be shopping from those two stores. I've never had this problem from any other store I've purchased from. I guess worst case scenario, I have to take day a off work.

Just seems odd to me. I can understand basic precautions against average thieves or wear and return people, but you'd have to be a con artist to warrant restrictions against picking up a package with a government ID. But for all I know, maybe that's more common than I'd thought, an underground ring of con artists hustling luxury goods.
                            No man you don't have to take a day off, come on don't waste your vacation days. Pickup the phone after the first unsuccessful delivery attempt and ask to reschedule.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            It varies a lot by your location. I've also had packages with redirect restrictions redirected or have picked them up with DHL, Fedex and UPS. But I live in a small city in EU, its different in the US.
                            Ok, why though? I live in Europe too, do they have different guidelines related to the country of deliverance?

Originally posted by tornaremavencer View Post
                            Today I gave a visit to Doshaburi while in Barcelona looking for a rick jacket. When finally found the one between their terribly unorginised racks I asked "Can I try it on? The guy said "It's very expensive", "Im well aware of that, can I try it on?" "It's very expensive, you can't only try it on" (I was dressed in all Boris). How the hell am I supposed to buy something without trying it on first I thought and left.

When I visited last year and asked if they had BBS the other guy said he was an asshole and they don't sell him anymore.

Poor choice, terrible customer service, definately not worth a visit when you're in Barcelona.
                            You should have told him to fuck off. Shucks posted a pretty bad review about their online customer service a while ago.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by tornaremavencer View Post

You should have told him to fuck off. Shucks posted a pretty bad review about their online customer service a while ago.

yeah i have NEVER been treated as rudely by any retailer ever as i was by yoshi or whatever that fucking guy's name is. doshaburi is the whole reason i started this thread. i won't ever buy from them again. he's lost a whole shitload of my business since then - he would have made a lot more by now than it would have cost him to refund me even if he had to throw those shoes out. but maybe he makes enough selling astrid andersen and cosmic wonder to not give a shit.

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

I dont understand the return policy. Seem like all items are FINAL sale.. This is the reason why I dont buy from them.

We basically do not accept any returns or item exchange.
                                We do not accept any returns or exchanges even in case the item/s you received does not feet you (Too small, too big), if it’s not the color you thought it is or if you think it doesn’t suit you.
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎