Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
    Ok, why though? I live in Europe too, do they have different guidelines related to the country of deliverance?
    Not sure, either their policies vary by country or they just follow them differently. Another perk of living in a smaller city is that its usually the same DHL driver that delivers here and he occasionally calls me ahead just out of courtesy, even though thats not typical practice.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Net-a-porter is a joke. Call them this morning to ask for a change in their restriction delivery. I explained that scheduling an appointment or a depot collection both would be fine. She said that she was going to call UPS to allow depot collection. 10m ago, got an email from them saying that depot collection was not an option as this is my first order. Please, explain

Called them back, explained again that taking a day off from work to stay at home to wait for a random delivery was a fucking joke when ordering 1k stuff. She said that she was going to call UPS again to see if we can make an appointment. Waiting for news atm. Most annoying policy ever.

P.S. I had a shitty experience a doshabury as well, don't give them business.
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by magic View Post
        I dont understand the return policy. Seem like all items are FINAL sale.. This is the reason why I dont buy from them.

We basically do not accept any returns or item exchange.
        We do not accept any returns or exchanges even in case the item/s you received does not feet you (Too small, too big), if it’s not the color you thought it is or if you think it doesn’t suit you.
        Doshaburi are? Well they violate the law in this case.

Comment

• Tiranis
          • Feb 2007

I have to second the Doshaburi experience. Went through Barcelona about a week ago and had a horrible experience at the store. Zero attention from the sales staff (not even a 'hello' — hell, not even an acknowledgement of my existence) and the racks are incredibly disorganized. Half of the clothes were getting stretched on the hangers and looked damaged.

On the flip side, I had an excellent experience at the Boris Bidjan Saberi store in Barcelona. It's appointment only so to an extent that's to be expected but Silvia went above and beyond to make it enjoyable. Store also looks amazing, even better than the one in NYC. Two things: they have some stock of past seasons and their shoe selection is unparalleled. Strongly recommended.

I also had a pretty mediocre experience at Suus in Madrid. The staff seemed more interested in whatever was occupying their time on the computer than their customers. The store itself is nice and their buy was really nice. Despite having strong interest in a few pieces, ended up not even trying them on. There have been positive reports here before so I'll chalk it up to bad luck.

Finally, this isn't current or anything but The Serpentine in Toronto has excellent service. The owners are both happy to talk shop and are often at the store. The staff are also very nice and attentive without being intrusive or pushy.

Comment

• orlais
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Tiranis View Post
            I have to second the Doshaburi experience. Went through Barcelona about a week ago and had a horrible experience at the store. Zero attention from the sales staff (not even a 'hello' — hell, not even an acknowledgement of my existence) and the racks are incredibly disorganized. Half of the clothes were getting stretched on the hangers and looked damaged.

On the flip side, I had an excellent experience at the Boris Bidjan Saberi store in Barcelona. It's appointment only so to an extent that's to be expected but Silvia went above and beyond to make it enjoyable. Store also looks amazing, even better than the one in NYC. Two things: they have some stock of past seasons and their shoe selection is unparalleled. Strongly recommended.

I also had a pretty mediocre experience at Suus in Madrid. The staff seemed more interested in whatever was occupying their time on the computer than their customers. The store itself is nice and their buy was really nice. Despite having strong interest in a few pieces, ended up not even trying them on. There have been positive reports here before so I'll chalk it up to bad luck.

Finally, this isn't current or anything but The Serpentine in Toronto has excellent service. The owners are both happy to talk shop and are often at the store. The staff are also very nice and attentive without being intrusive or pushy.
            I found Doshaburi fine - might be an Asian to Asian thing though - and the fact I had a bit of banter with the guy when I entered the store. Agreed with Suus though - that guy just did the classic 'stand around watching me look at things without saying a thing'.
            Instagram
            Grailed

Comment

• unwashed
              • Dec 2008

I also had a great experience at Doshaburi, had quite a long talk with the Japanese owner and he recommended me things of the racks. My girlfriend was with me and dressed in H&M and tried on Ann D etc no problem...the store was very disorganized so I asked everything I wanted to try without any hassle. In the end I only bought a scarf in sale. Actually recommended the store last week. This was all around closing time and he even stayed open longer. I found it strange with his buys and inventory he'd managed to stay open and in business actually. The guys was also dressed very bad! Haha, I laughed within myself.

But what a dickhead with the above experiences. Why wouldn't he want to let his clothes be tried on? I would indeed never return again.

Currently having some potential bad experience with LN-CC but I'll see how it will work out. My order from last wednesday still isn't shipped. I read on their website with sales add 2-3 business days to the procesingtime. So without the day I ordered on and without counting saturday as a workingday I shouldn't have to complain yet. However I can't imagine it should take this long if they have a good system. But I want to exchange an item for a different size since it isn't shipped but I have called on multiple days for multiple times and send a mail without any reply... This is annoying. Also choose the express option, this seems very pointless now....Waste of money
              Grailed link

Comment

• tong1801
                • Oct 2012

Made an appointment and visited the LN-CC store last week, abit of a disappointment where not everything available online is available in store but the staffs are all very helpful. And also the store itself is amazing

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                  I also had a great experience at Doshaburi
                  as far as i know, nobody else here has mentioned having a "great" experience...

as for ln-cc their shipping had been a bit unreliable since they switched ownership/set-up but it sounds like you haven't had any actual problem yet other than not being to get through to customer services during a busy sales period? not that that is good - customer service should be available - but if they warned you in advance about a few days' shipping delay then you can't really complain about it before a longer delay has actually happened. that makes no sense. being able to switch your order after placing it but before it being shipped, isn't really a service you can automatically expect them to offer, in my opinion.

Comment

• mikko
                    • Apr 2013

I had an OK experience at Doshaburi Doshaburi after some small talk, but this was a few years ago.

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

To follow my post about Net-a-porter:

Dudley did everything he could to help proxy an item. But didn't manage to retrieve it because:

1) No possibility to do a depot collection

2) No possibility whatsoever to set up an appointment with ups

This is apparently for security reasons, but it's only requested on the first order. On the next one, you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Meaning: you have to be at home during the whole day (only delivering during work days) to wait for the random delivery to arrive.

After three failed delivery attempts, they offered to refund or try again three more times

I'm still checking if there's a possibility to find another proxy because it's too good of a deal to drop it but damn, I'm never purchasing from them again.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Where does a netaporter ship from if you need a US proxy? I always assumed UK?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          Where does a netaporter ship from if you need a US proxy? I always assumed UK?
                          US. It was on their US sale

Comment

• unwashed
                            • Dec 2008

Currently having some potential bad experience with LN-CC but I'll see how it will work out. My order from last wednesday still isn't shipped. I read on their website with sales add 2-3 business days to the procesingtime. So without the day I ordered on and without counting saturday as a workingday I shouldn't have to complain yet. However I can't imagine it should take this long if they have a good system.
                            Ok, so one week further still no updates besides the "soon as it dispatched, you'll get an update".

Anyone else ordered from them last week with the same kind of delays and no updates?
                            Grailed link

Comment

• Williebabzan
                              • Jul 2008

Ok, so one week further still no updates besides the "soon as it dispatched, you'll get an update".

Anyone else ordered from them last week with the same kind of delays and no updates?
                              Have you even talked to them?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Williebabzan View Post
                                Have you even talked to them?
                                Well, in his defense, he doesn't have to. He placed the order - that's his end of the bargain. The rest is up to the retailer. But, yeah, talking action might help. Oversights happen.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎