Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

I could get someone on the phone this time. The person on the phone was helpful and understanding. However I was told is that it is currently unknown if my items are available, since they should be located in the store rather then somewhere else? So online there was stock and multiple items of the same size were available after I placed my order. Now online stock is sold out and my order isn't processed, in contrary to what the order status is in my profile. This indicates their ordering system is a real mess. They will try to contact the store and check if the items are available and send me an email with more info. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't call them today. At least they are transparent about the process on the phone.

Edit: Ok, so my phonecall made the difference. I just received a UPS tracking number.
    Last edited by unwashed; 07-15-2015, 11:50 AM.
    Grailed link

Comment

• mikko
      • Apr 2013

Real big up to Harveys Berlin, excellent service and attitude. Even got some PH swag in addition to my purchases.

Comment

• Fascinator
        • Dec 2012

Yes, Harveys is excellent shop.

Has anybody have any experience (good or bad) with Orimono?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

My only experience with Orimono is that the owner or someone who worked there would spam SZ with their sale notices.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

^ to add to the above, orimono once ordered a batch of items from a designer and decided to cancel the order after the items were produced and ready to ship.
            Last edited by ian+; 07-20-2015, 05:57 PM.
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Fascinator View Post

Thanks in advance!
              I wrote them about a ring and never got a response.
              Plus they wouldn´t pick up the phone (sounds like an angry ex-girflriend, huh?). Contacted the manufacturer and bought it directly.
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I would guess the praise is for the actual store, not their online presence. You'd probably have better luck sending them a letter or a fax than e-mail.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                  ^ to add to the above, orimono once ordered a batch of items from a designer and decided to cancel the order after the items were produced and ready to ship.
                  Which designer? That wasn't Thamanyah, right? I remember him having an issue with some store for doing that.

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                    Which designer? That wasn't Thamanyah, right? I remember him having an issue with some store for doing that.
                    I prefer not to tell, it wasn't Thamanyah though
                    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Excellent transaction with Seven-Helsinki. Very fast shipping to the US and no import tax which I thought was strange, but cool never the less

Comment

• mikko
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Fascinator View Post

Thanks in advance!
                        Orimono's indifference to me as a client walking in quickly turned into my exit a few days ago.

Comment

• Lex1017
                          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Tiranis View Post
                          I have to second the Doshaburi experience. Went through Barcelona about a week ago and had a horrible experience at the store. Zero attention from the sales staff (not even a 'hello' — hell, not even an acknowledgement of my existence) and the racks are incredibly disorganized. Half of the clothes were getting stretched on the hangers and looked damaged.

On the flip side, I had an excellent experience at the Boris Bidjan Saberi store in Barcelona. It's appointment only so to an extent that's to be expected but Silvia went above and beyond to make it enjoyable. Store also looks amazing, even better than the one in NYC. Two things: they have some stock of past seasons and their shoe selection is unparalleled. Strongly recommended.

I also had a pretty mediocre experience at Suus in Madrid. The staff seemed more interested in whatever was occupying their time on the computer than their customers. The store itself is nice and their buy was really nice. Despite having strong interest in a few pieces, ended up not even trying them on. There have been positive reports here before so I'll chalk it up to bad luck.

Finally, this isn't current or anything but The Serpentine in Toronto has excellent service. The owners are both happy to talk shop and are often at the store. The staff are also very nice and attentive without being intrusive or pushy.

Yep those dudes are so nice. They almost give the vibe in there that they are trying to educate you instead of selling to you which is informative and pressure free. I back those dudes heavily.

Comment

• Bleu1950
                            • Jan 2013

thumbs down for the last conspiracy online shop. bought a pair of derbies and turned out to be one size too small. i emailed the contact on their email but never got a response. i have posted the shoes back and still no email from them. at the moment, they have my shoes and my money...

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Email them again. I'm sure they'll sort it out.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Bleu1950 View Post
                                thumbs down for the last conspiracy online shop. bought a pair of derbies and turned out to be one size too small. i emailed the contact on their email but never got a response. i have posted the shoes back and still no email from them. at the moment, they have my shoes and my money...
                                They take awhile. Keep shooting them emails. I've had 1 day responses and I've had 1 week responses.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎