Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Law View Post
    I just ordered something from Yoox to the US and it came with a pre-written/paid DHL shipping return label.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I've never lost a cent on a yoox return. Of which there have been many as they kept selling me girl-pants.

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

It's been a looong time since I bought/returned at Yoox but yeah, never cost me a thing.
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Cool ! Tank you all, I will go for it

Comment

• mikko
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
          I assume he means the amount they deduct from each return for "processing".
          Yeah, never had any deductions either...

Comment

• mikko
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
            Maybe just for far-flung countries like Australia? They definitely say they'll deduct 13.71€ from the refund--will try to remember to check my next refund and see if they actually do...
            Starting to sound that there are upsides to living within the EU even though the Eurozone is nearing its death knell

Comment

• TheDivinitus
              • Jul 2011

Yoox USA:
              Use the pre-paid UPS Return Label included in your order and leave the package at a UPS drop-off location. We will deduct a flat Return Fee of USD 6.95 (plus Sales Tax on this fee, where applicable) from your refund.

Yoox France:
              Préparez le colis et collez l'étiquette pré-imprimée et prépayée UPS sur la boîte yoox.com (ou tout autre boîte en carton rigide et solide) au-dessus de l'étiquette de livraison précédente. (Nothing about return fee.)

Yoox Australia:
              Use the Return Label included with your order for easy shipping. A flat Return Fee of USD 15.00 will be automatically deducted from your refund.

Hope that helps.
              blog

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

...but the musics need to travel further from apple servers
                Grailed link

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

so, just a little update on my return to ln-cc. (had to do return, since they don't do exchanges anymore...) took them a week to make the refund payment after receiving my item. the size i wanted to exchange for had sold out by then. also, i suspect the only reason they made the refund this week is because i emailed their customer service to ask what was taking so long and their customer service even took two days to respond to me, due to the "busy peak sales period". (how is august "peak sales period"...?)

ln-cc have now officially made my list of retailers i won't buy from, until they shape up.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  wow.

so i just received an item from ln-cc and need to return it for an exchange. there is no way the model in the photo on the site is wearing the size they say he is. the item fits insanely small.

looking at the site and return form material, i can't find any information about exchanges - i guess they don't offer that anymore... and the information is generally confusing about how to do the return. it was delivered to me by dhl, but on their site it says returns should be by "registered mail" but also conflictingly that i should contact UPS for a pickup? and it says returns are only accepted with the seal, but my item didn't have one. i also had to go to the website and read a lot of text to find out i actually don't need to make five fucking copies of the returns invoice, even though it says i should on the actual invoice.

oh, and the service@eu.lncc.com email they refer to in the order confirmation email, doesn't work...

i might be a bit jaded and negatively biased against ln-cc by now, but i'm really starting to think i'm gonna avoid them completely in the future. what a mess - it used to be the best store, now it blows...

Comment

• Yuriii
                    • Dec 2012

I'm not certain that this is the right thread to post this but,

I'm in the US and I've been emailing L'Eclaireur regarding ordering a Deepti item. It's an item that isn't in stock in any of the 3 US Deepti Stockists I know of - I contacted them first. L'Eclaireur states over email that they cannot deduct VAT as this would not be an online order.

My understanding was that generally ordering from outside the EU meant VAT would be deducted. Has anyone had a similar experience ordering from L'Eclaireur while outside the EU?

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Yuriii View Post
                      I'm not certain that this is the right thread to post this but,

I'm in the US and I've been emailing L'Eclaireur regarding ordering a Deepti item. It's an item that isn't in stock in any of the 3 US Deepti Stockists I know of - I contacted them first. L'Eclaireur states over email that they cannot deduct VAT as this would not be an online order.

My understanding was that generally ordering from outside the EU meant VAT would be deducted. Has anyone had a similar experience ordering from L'Eclaireur while outside the EU?
                      my guess is that l'éclaireur are under contract with deepti not to sell the brand 'online' and hence they will register the sale as an instore purchase and not deduct VAT for you.

Comment

• rp643
                        • Aug 2015

I was at IF in soho the other day. Worst experience I've ever had. SA just followed my friends and I around, hovering to pretend to adjust merchandise. Jokes on them, lost out on possible customers.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Eh. IF is a great store. If you notice it's one of the few stores that don't have a security system while having very expensive merchandise. They have had problems with thieves before - hence the shadowing. Don't take it personally.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

If that's the "worst experience ever" (someone hovering near you), I can shoot you some recommendations to give you a little perspective.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vervain
                              • Mar 2014

Had a great experience with Michael at Endyma. The piece ended up fitting great after a couple emails back and fourth.
                              Great buying from a seller with such a strong passion for what he is doing.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Eh. IF is a great store. If you notice it's one of the few stores that don't have a security system while having very expensive merchandise. They have had problems with thieves before - hence the shadowing. Don't take it personally.

Reminds me about years ago at L'Eclaireur Rue Herold, the SA there told me that just the day before I visited, two guys were in the shop and grabbed two CCP leathers and headed right out. Never to be seen again.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎