Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Mcjohnson
    • Nov 2012

I went up to Layers a couple months back, when I tried to open the door it was locked and the two sales staff inside stared at me before running to the back of shop. Is this a common thing or am I just undesirable?
    I had checked all the opening hours and stuff beforehand so it's not like I caught them off guard or anything.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

hard to say. please post selfie first.

Comment

• coccodrillo
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by CityHunter View Post
        Service at H. Lorenzo (the main shop on Sunset, HLNR is cool) is...not bad, but not great, I guess.
        In the past have tried communicating with them via telephone calls + emails - unsuccessfully.

Called - was asked to send an email. Sent emails - with specific info request following up on the phone call - was asked to clarify. Never got an answer .

I had better luck contacting the japanese brand I was interested in directly. Which led to a beautiful relationship with Persuade in Bilbao.

Customer service here is very knowledgeable, with a warm and personal touch - in a word exceptional.

Comment

• inconduit
          • Jun 2009

quick post to vouch for forward japan as a proxy. super fast response, only a 7% fee, fast cheap shipping and haven't had to pay any duty into canada because they mark the shipments as low cost gifts.

Comment

• zamacdonell
            • Sep 2010

For-Tomorrow

Having very similar problems with For-Tomorrow. Returned a pair of Song For the Mute pants 6 weeks ago(!) with 4 emails asking about the status of the return with no response. They were pretty big on their claim of 24:7 online customer service during the purchasing process but have completely vanished now that I needed to return the item.

Anyone have a phone number for this place? They don't have one listed on their site and like I mentioned they have not been responding to my emails.

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
            Has someone ever dealt with For Tomorrow (http://www.f-t.com.au)? Bought some silent shirts almost 8 weeks ago, since no other store had my items in stock nomore.

Emailed them after 3 weeks of no package showing up, only getting a reply after the 4th message i'd sent them.

After a month of ordering I finally get my package. They sent me a totally different shirt. Wasn't even my size.
            I emailed them about it, but had to send them 3 messages again before getting a reply.

I'm 8 weeks in now and still waiting on my replacement. I already sent them the shirt back at my own cost, but they haven't even refunded me the shipping costs I had to pay for the return.

Shit's rediculous. Worst store ever.

Comment

• moneyless
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by zamacdonell View Post
              Having very similar problems with For-Tomorrow. Returned a pair of Song For the Mute pants 6 weeks ago(!) with 4 emails asking about the status of the return with no response. They were pretty big on their claim of 24:7 online customer service during the purchasing process but have completely vanished now that I needed to return the item.

Anyone have a phone number for this place? They don't have one listed on their site and like I mentioned they have not been responding to my emails.
              I'm located in Australia and last year I had occasionally sent emails regarding my return goods for 2 months and got no response. Finally I sent them another 3 or 4 emails before I spent the money as store credit on another purchase lol. Their customer service is fast when you are about to make a purchase, but I won't order from them anymore.

Comment

• olethomas
                • Dec 2010

This might be excessive information, but I just want to share an experience I had with Luisa via Roma last spring.

Bought a DD shirt for about $250 and I always choose LVR because of their VAT/toll and shipping included-policy. The carrier, DHL, did not notice this - since I a few weeks after receiving the shirt got a $180 fee for DHL that had pre-paid the toll on my goods. I called DHL and argued with the person there for about 30 min telling her to read the policy on the LVR website but she wasn't very fond of surfing apparently because she refused to do what I asked her and just told me to pay the bill or it would go to the debt recovery. The next day I mailed LVR telling them about the whole situation. They apologized loads and told me they'd take care of it. Two days later I got a mail from DHL with a "Sorry" and a smiley (!!) at the end of it. Now there's a nice UPS man bringing my LVR purchases.

Bottom line: LVR = AWESOME.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

big ups to anchoret for finding me something I've been looking for, great information/pictures, AND fast shipping.

Comment

• wurm
                    • Nov 2010

just have to say that after a recent experience of having a package lost, voidthebrand really came through in giving me excellent customer service. i ordered some t-shirts about 2-3 weeks ago and though the tracking said delivered, i never got it. after jumping through some hurtles with usps, it seemed like a pretty futile effort and i began assuming i'd just lost over $200 of t-shirts. instead, zhao offered me a complete re-ship. he's definitely going out of his way to make it a good experience with me, and i really appreciate it. i haven't gotten the t-shirts yet, but i want to recommend them on this experience alone.

Comment

• ian+
                      • Dec 2011

^ Zhao is one of best retailers out there, keeping all of his customers happy at all cost. What a gentleman.
                      ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                        • May 2013

I'd just like to shout out Mr. Porter for having such a great return system. I was returning things from Mr. Porter and Matches the same day. For Matches, I had to pay for the return, deal with poor instruction, bad customer service, DHL, and having to write the address on the box. For Mr. Porter, all I had to do was put the sticker on the box that had all the return information, and tape the box. It's the little things that count, and in this case, the little things are going to make me use Mr. Porter in the future as often as I can.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I'm guessing you still had to schedule a pick up by the courier and be home at a certain time for it, unless their services include teleporting the package back?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of these return services because I'm moving from one place to another during the day and I can't be waiting at home in the middle of the afternoon for a courier, I'd much rather drop the package at the post office, but then it wouldn't of course be free either.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Bson
                            • May 2013

ssense

Must say that ssense, although they have great sales and presentation of pieces on their website, they seem to just throw items into the box without much protection or wrapping, and there are no receipts or note included, which is particularly odd... They have even stuck their own stickers onto ring and bracelet boxes, as well as scotch tape... Yikes! After the item was purchased, processing was slow before it was shipped, about 3-5 business days. The return service is costly (at least $30+ from US to their office)... Don't know how much I'd like to shop from them unless I've tried on the piece in-person at another retailer.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

So they swiped the LN-CC business model, but forgot the customer service part.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                                • May 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                I'm guessing you still had to schedule a pick up by the courier and be home at a certain time for it, unless their services include teleporting the package back?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of these return services because I'm moving from one place to another during the day and I can't be waiting at home in the middle of the afternoon for a courier, I'd much rather drop the package at the post office, but then it wouldn't of course be free either.
                                For Matches, I had to schedule a pick up. For Mr. Porter, all I had to do was drop it off at the UPS store. Took a grand total of thirty seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎