Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bson
    • May 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    So they swiped the LN-CC business model, but forgot the customer service part.
    Exactly!

Comment

• newp
      • Feb 2013

Disclaimer: it's not a retailer but a designer flagship store.
      A bit of awkward experience regarding the latest Obscur sample sale: support at buy@obscur.se is strange, since he tends to ignore a lot of questions. First part of questions regarding another photos of items (those of you who bought it or at least checked know it's hard to understand how an item will fit by 1 photo provided there), he gave me measurements though. The second part of questions unanswered are about tracking and this is what made me worried. I haven't received any mail that my items were shipped and my questions about if it was shipped so I'd like to have a tracking were unanswered at all. At least you can reply "It was shipped by carrier which doesn't provide tracking", right?
      I am located in Europe (they are as well), it's been 3 weeks since I've paid for items but I haven't seen them... I am worried a bit. What is your Obscur experience?

Comment

• k3mist
        • Apr 2013

gotta add on Zhao at voidthebrand.
        wrote my address wrongly and sent it again with an free tshirt.
        excellant guy

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by newp View Post
          Pretty good for me.
          I ordered a long tee last year and I hadn't any problems. Just send one email and it was done. Shipping was fast, I live in France.

First and good transaction with TheCorner.com, the packaging is quite nice !

Last edited by Crowzer; 07-07-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Deuce
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by newp View Post
            Disclaimer: it's not a retailer but a designer flagship store.
            A bit of awkward experience regarding the latest Obscur sample sale: support at buy@obscur.se is strange, since he tends to ignore a lot of questions. First part of questions regarding another photos of items (those of you who bought it or at least checked know it's hard to understand how an item will fit by 1 photo provided there), he gave me measurements though. The second part of questions unanswered are about tracking and this is what made me worried. I haven't received any mail that my items were shipped and my questions about if it was shipped so I'd like to have a tracking were unanswered at all. At least you can reply "It was shipped by carrier which doesn't provide tracking", right?
            I am located in Europe (they are as well), it's been 3 weeks since I've paid for items but I haven't seen them... I am worried a bit. What is your Obscur experience?
            I recently ordered 2 items, shipping only took about 5 days to the UK. Communication wasn't great, took a while to reply to emails regarding sizing/measurements.
            Unfortunately one item I received doesn't fit, the measurements are waaay off, approx 9cm larger on the shoulders :|

I emailed regarding an exchange for a smaller size, but no reply. Being a sample sale, I don't really expect a return/swap. I'll just have to sell it unfortunately, which is a shame.

Comment

• Illithid Dude
              • May 2013

The Corner has great packaging. As a packaging nerd, I always order my products as a gift so I can see what the packaging is. I think the Corner takes the cake, with their sturdy magnetized boxes, with Matches coming in at a close second.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bson View Post
                Must say that ssense, although they have great sales and presentation of pieces on their website, they seem to just throw items into the box without much protection or wrapping, and there are no receipts or note included, which is particularly odd... They have even stuck their own stickers onto ring and bracelet boxes, as well as scotch tape... Yikes! After the item was purchased, processing was slow before it was shipped, about 3-5 business days. The return service is costly (at least $30+ from US to their office)... Don't know how much I'd like to shop from them unless I've tried on the piece in-person at another retailer.
                Let me add to this. I had an item from the sale sent to me, but it was a different item than in the pictures.

Send it back to them with UPS (!), have proof of delivery, but they don't want to respond to my emails. Even opened a paypal dispute and no reaction at all. Still waiting on a new item or a refund.

Comment

• Bson
                  • May 2013

Sounds awful, I'm sorry.... My friend actually received the wrong jacket, also. Same designer and essentially style but shorter- he ordered a long version. They also wanted him to pay for shipping in the return, or they gave him the option of keeping it, which he did, since the original jacket he thought he was buying was sold out... In my case I also received no note upon my return arriving-- finally I got a computerized e-mail with the info but nothing personal.

On to good things though-- I also give a big thumbs up to the corner for their service and packaging, etc... Always love their deliveries. I once even got a large, drawer-style box with a pull-tassel when just ordering a keychain. Nice! Also love the ribbon, black envelope... :)

Comment

• whtnnk986
                    • Feb 2012

Just made an online purchase with Matches within a hour ago and they have already dispatched the item via DHL and have email me with the tracking information. Thumbs up for the super fast service.

Comment

• sCrAtChy
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bson View Post
                      Must say that ssense, although they have great sales and presentation of pieces on their website, they seem to just throw items into the box without much protection or wrapping, and there are no receipts or note included, which is particularly odd... They have even stuck their own stickers onto ring and bracelet boxes, as well as scotch tape... Yikes! After the item was purchased, processing was slow before it was shipped, about 3-5 business days. The return service is costly (at least $30+ from US to their office)... Don't know how much I'd like to shop from them unless I've tried on the piece in-person at another retailer.
                      True. Bought a 1300 USD tee from them and it was shipped inside a brown box with no wrappings and stuff. The silk was scratched as well.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

you bought a 1300 tee?
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

Let me guess, Givenchy ?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            you bought a 1300 tee?
                            Belongs to the WTF thread.

Comment

• jevwv
                              • May 2013

SSENSE... really disappointed

11 days ago, I've bought a pair of Ricks Sneaker for my girlfriend for around $1000 and have to pay another $50 for shipping to the UK.

(FYI, ssense said they provide a Xpress post for UK in around 3-5 days.)

Then it took 3 business day for them to pack my item and post it via "Xpress Post" which described as 4 days shipping time.

After that the process was unchanged for 6 days because the item struck in Canada before carried to the UK by some unknown reasons. The item arrived in the UK 2 nights ago and then showed "Awaiting Customs clearance" and still has not any update until now.

Oh god, i've already missed a gift for my girlfriend big day, really disappointed.

And Good God, they don't provide any refund policy for sale item.

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

I hope you're ready for customs charges.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎