Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

It's their fault for not sending it out sooner, but it's beyond a retailer's control when it comes to foreign clearance. You should also thank your lucky stars they ship via Canada Post and not Fedex/UPS, which would results in astronomical duty charges.

As far as not being able to return them, they usually state when it's a final sale on the product page (I think when things hit 70% off?)

ps - if you're going to shop for gifts internationally, you may want to do so earlier than 11 days prior to.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jevwv
      • May 2013

Yeah, you're right Dane maybe i was to excessive as it's not a retailer fault, but i'm just still wondering why their "Xpress" shipping take 6 days for the foreign clearance?

For 11 days in prior buying, who knows it would take more than twice shipping time form world class online shop. Since my experiences with H.Lorenzo, Atelier NYC, LVR and Ink have never let me down...

Anyway the sneakers was not 70% off , it's just a pretty 20% off though, haha.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

xpress shipping is a Canada Post term, not ssense's. and again, no retailer can control what happens at the border...blame Canada for that one.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jevwv
          • May 2013

That's alright.
          whatever, thing happened...

Comment

• Deuce
            • Jun 2012

As mentioned above, you'll receive a hefty £150ish customs charge too. Was on the receiving end myself earlier this week, painful.

Comment

• Ives927
              • Jun 2009

I've had two transactions with ssense recently and my experiences with them have been quite satisfactory. With that said, I'm sure being in Toronto helps to reduce any delivery issues. However, neither once did I receive any form of invoice or receipt. It's as if they don't want you to return anything. Packaging of the products are quite sloppy, too.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                Belongs to the WTF thread.
                so a single 1300usd tee belongs in the WTF thread but owning multiple $300-500 rick tees that alot of people on here are guilty of gets a pass?

re: SSENSE

have ordered from them twice before both during sales times and have 0 problems with the transaction, and came with the invoice/tags and packaged nicely, even got an email with the tracking # as soon as it was sent out and the shipping was prompt

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                  so a single 1300usd tee belongs in the WTF thread but owning multiple $300-500 rick tees that alot of people on here are guilty of gets a pass?
                  yes

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    yes

funny, I thought SZ would be the LAST place we "WTF" at people paying too much money for clothes

atleast the Givenchy tee is discernible from a foot locker tall tee unlike Rick shirts. and this is coming from someone who has never owned a Givenchy piece and over 20 Rick pieces
                    Last edited by 0JSIMPS0N; 07-11-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

You don't learn, do you? Next time I will ban you for good.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• circles
                        • Feb 2013

On a lighter note- I want to echo the praise for MiN. Amazing staff, heroic patience for somone with a short history of perfuming() and very liberal about going through absolutely everything until you're satisfied. I'm very happy with the Cuir Les Nombres and Aoud Ever, only wish I needed more occasions to go back.

Comment

• mike
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Ives927 View Post
                          I've had two transactions with ssense recently and my experiences with them have been quite satisfactory. With that said, I'm sure being in Toronto helps to reduce any delivery issues. However, neither once did I receive any form of invoice or receipt. It's as if they don't want you to return anything. Packaging of the products are quite sloppy, too.
                          the packaging of products is more than sloppy. in my instance it was as if they wanted to see what the smallest box they could crumple a $2500 silk blazer into. not to mention they did not even protect it with any sort of bag or wrapping within the box. ssense's customer service is also quite useless and unwilling to provide any assistance.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by circles View Post
                            On a lighter note- I want to echo the praise for MiN. Amazing staff, heroic patience for somone with a short history of perfuming() and very liberal about going through absolutely everything until you're satisfied. I'm very happy with the Cuir Les Nombres and Aoud Ever, only wish I needed more occasions to go back.
                            Alejandro is the best. And he's alway's in Rick Owens. What more can one ask.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dmash
                              • Jun 2011

SSense experience:

Shipping: Over $200 free US shipping is great. Gets to me in Florida within 3-5 business days and it goes USPS so never any fees.

Packaging: Horrible every time. As a matter of fact, my girl just got a package from them, had multiple Helmut Lang items, that I can safely assume another retailer would perhaps put into a box the size of a medium flat rate box, absolutely crammed into a box probably 1/3 that size. We both actually thought the messed up her order upon arrival as we didn't think it could all be in there.

It is what it is, we've always only shopped there when stuff hits 70% off. Can't complain too much at that point.

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                                • May 2013

Not necessarily about customer service, but is there a reason ssense is so much cheaper in Canada? I was in Vancouver earlier today, and saw on ssense that these Saint Laurent raw jeans were only $350 CAD, but when I got back home, I found that they were $450 USD. What gives?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎