Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RdrkshdwO
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by mike View Post
    the packaging of products is more than sloppy. in my instance it was as if they wanted to see what the smallest box they could crumple a $2500 silk blazer into. not to mention they did not even protect it with any sort of bag or wrapping within the box. ssense's customer service is also quite useless and unwilling to provide any assistance.
    I received rick geos from them a few weeks ago in 3 business days. I am in the northeast U.S. though, but still. Was very satisfied with them

Comment

• furetto
      • Nov 2011

SSENSE OR NONSENSE?

I had a strange problem on my on line shop with Ssense retailer. A first credit card transaction and then another transaction of a little amount. At my question about the shipping notification I received an answer with no sense. 3 weeks for having a pair of sneakers and I'm waiting yet.

Comment

• messenoire
        • Nov 2009

it's not uncommon for things shipped from canada to be held in customs for 3 weeks. be patient. send them an email instead of complaining on a public forum.

Comment

• jevwv
          • May 2013

eventually received Rick shoes from SSENSE after 2 weeks with an customs charge of around £30, fair enough.

but surprise, surprise, the package was surprisingly good and this made my day .

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

I live in the US and I've never had a problem with ssense. Quick shipping, albeit simple packaging. Great sales and in terms of look and user friendliness, probably my favorite e-shop.
            Originally posted by DRRRK
            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Maison d'Ashraf
              • Jan 2013

Has anyone ordered from Darklands Berlin/NagNagNag... can you share your experience?

Comment

• Crowzer
                • Feb 2011

It's seem some members has experienced bad purchases.

Comment

• LCT
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Maison d'Ashraf View Post
                  Has anyone ordered from Darklands Berlin/NagNagNag... can you share your experience?
                  My coat from darkland didn't come to my place since 16.05.2013.

And they did nothing to solve my problem out.

really disappointed...

Comment

• Mikevigar
                    • Jan 2010

Nothing but good service from darklands in my experience

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

If you search, you will see that many members here have had bad experiences with Darklands.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tenorish
                        • Oct 2011

My experience with Darklands has always been great, but I've only bought stuff from them in store. If you can physically manage it I'd highly recommend you check their retail space out.

People seem to have had quite a different experience dealing with them online though.

Comment

• agentred
                          • Jul 2009

I can't comment on returns/complicated requests, but I had a perfectly normal experience with Darklands - order placed, order received, end of story.

Comment

• Maison d'Ashraf
                            • Jan 2013

Thank you guys for the feedback.

Comment

• samlasamla
                              • Sep 2011

I've bought plenty of stuff from Darklands and NagNagNag Shop, through the Internet and in person at their Berlin Mitte location. Each purchase has been relatively painless. That being said, I would not recommend buying through them unless you absolutely know what your sizes are and how you fit in the brands they carry.

Campbell MacDougal is wonderful to deal with in person, but getting information from him through email is like pulling teeth. His responses are never prompt (often times necessitating multiple inquiries), always brusque and generally unhelpful. (Darklands, as you may know, prides itself on never providing actual measurements.) Caveat emptor, as they say.

On there other hand, Darklands has its positives. They ship promptly via EMS. They carry a selection of clothes that cannot be found anywhere else. And for those of us who live outside Europe, buying Darklands ex VAT is still a better and more pleasant proposition than buying the same item at home. (If you've ever tried to buy CCP at Maxfield's, you'll know what I'm talking about. However, if it's a competition between Darklands and Atelier, I will always choose Atelier, because shopping at Atelier is simply sublime.)

Comment

• exexpat
                                • Jan 2012

OK just spent good money with the following retailers:

LN-CC

Absolutely superb service - even during the sales periods, CS is second to none. Wonderful and the best by miles.

MR PORTER

Good but god they write some crap in the descriptions... Also the measurements aren't accurate...
                                They also messed up on stock levels but I accept these things during this time. They gave me a 35GBP credit so I could buy some rick socks at least!

HARVEY NICHOLS

Excellent service. One CS even managed to source the RO bronze for me but sadly too small. Anyway she really tried - I wasn't expecting that.

THE CORNER

Well its Yoox isn't it? Cash on delivery convenient, nice packaging but ultimately yoox. Cheap and cheerful.

SSENSE

Good sale and reasonable service but could do with improving there packaging. One shoe box looks the worse for wear... but happy with them overall. I too got my items stuck in customs but I think they were busy too and like others have said above its customs issue not SSENSE.
                                Last edited by exexpat; 07-26-2013, 04:18 PM. Reason: shouldn't and didn't matter what I spent +SSENSE

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎