X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Margiela x H&M ???

Rumours are rife that MMM shall be the next designer house to collaborate with the high street store.

merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.
  • teeteet
    • Dec 2009

This would be a breath of fresh air after Marni, can't wait to see what accessories they will come up with.

Comment

• alyabebo
      • Nov 2010

I think it's sad. Mixed feelings I guess. I only buy white t-shirts at h&m. And what they sell like fashion things is totally s***.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

More bullshit in an already bullshit world...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

I hope they re-release the down duvet coat. Can't wait to see everyone run around in it!

Comment

• LEB
            • May 2012

H&M is already "colaborating" with every designer house out there - by copying everything that is "fashionable".

So the designer house might aswell have a slice of the pie.

Many people argue that it is a good thing if H&M offers "designer" collections, so people with less money can have "stylish" clothes.

I don't get how they don't recognize that it is just regular H&M crap, sewn by children, with a nice name to make it sell better and for more money.

In the longrun it would be interesting to know if the damage for the design house (image-wise) is bigger than the quick profit.

It seems to work for Karl Lagerfeld tough - he collaborates with H&M, does ads for Volkswagen, TV Channels, icecream and probably 100 other things.

Maybe it is just me.. but I don't see how Chanel and Volkswagen go together.
            Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• Pumpfish
              • Sep 2010

The tragedy here is not the collaboration. It is the destruction of MMM.

No one is pimping KL except KL.

I remember when MMM really mattered. Design, concepts, ideas, ethos.
              spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• doldrums
                • Dec 2008

In MMM defense, wife continues to pick up pieces and honestly they continue to produce very nice collections. In that sense, they are the exception to the rule (designer leaves, quality continues)...

Comment

• underdog
                  • Aug 2009

This comment is the only thing I enjoy about this thread. I'm over all the backwards looking but news like this still hurts a little... Can we call it Diesel X H&M instead please?

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                  I hope they re-release the down duvet coat. Can't wait to see everyone run around in it!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                    In MMM defense, wife continues to pick up pieces and honestly they continue to produce very nice collections. In that sense, they are the exception to the rule (designer leaves, quality continues)...
                    That I agree with, but also they keep mining the archives hard and it's getting a bit stale.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      a tabi boot with a pleather upper that reeks of rubber death would be really hilarious, especially when someone in a mainline pair gets stopped and asked which H&M they got their cement & fiberglass pair at

Comment

• stephlinn
                        • May 2012

I feel that when brands do collaborations with H&M it really dilutes their brand identity... I mean, it seems fucked up that you can get real Marni off ebay for cheaper than the H&M collab. Plus why would a brand want to be associated with the low quality and unethical labor of H&M?

Comment

• pseudonym
                          • Jun 2009

I read this statistic recently that if a woman purchases a fake bag (lets say LV on Canal Street), she is 3 times more likely to buy a real LV handbag when the fake one wears out or breaks. 3 times more likely than if she had never bought the fake one at all.

After reading, it seemed like what this equation was dependent on was the woman being able to afford the real one, but I guess thats based on my own [false] assumption that the only reason she bought the fake one was because she couldn't afford the real one in the first place. Or in other words, many women could afford real LV handbag if they wanted to, but do not allocate the money for the real thing, as they do not see it as necessary. After owning the fake one, they are 3 times as likely to see it as necessary to own the real one.

Maybe thats the mindset when these designers do these collaborations.

disclaimer, this is not a gender specific comment or topic, just relating it to the statistic I read.

Comment

• CHRIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2006

this is really fucking jarring. it took me like, 4 minutes to process it

but... at the end of that 4 minutes i was like OMG and then i grinned like a child. but i don't know if i will ever look at margiela the same way again? so, so mixed

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

The rumours are true, below are two promo videos for the collection to be launched in November .

One video shows an illustration of a ladies darted sweater an the other an illustration of a men's coat which is a fusion of various car coats. Seems fairly interesting tbh (in regards to the men's).

Videos are on YouTube, but had trouble linking via my phone.
                              Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 06-12-2012, 04:46 AM.
                              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎