Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbydesign
    • Sep 2010

^^I think what makes Rick so unique is the diversity of his *obsessed* fans and how he continues to reel everyone in.

Just look at the comments everyone posts. Some people want leg-warmers, others crave DrkShadow, etc.

I love his dresses, blazers, jackets and he does still reinvent the man dress frequently enough to indeed keep it from getting boring.

It all seems incredibly wearable indeed, except those shoes. Oddly, I have a foot phobia, but we'll wait and see if anyone with a foot fetish loves those. There's gotta be someone. If we get someone to chime in positively on the shoes then Rick has a fan base for nearly every single garment send down that runway, which is impressive.

Comment

• several_girls
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
      I love how Rick keeps pushing the boundaries of menswear. He has almost completely lost me as a customer, but I appreciate his innovative styling.
      I agree, and I love that Rick continues to challenge himself on design and styling. Given the surge of popular interest in his clothes, he could easily coast on a raft of designs from 2008-2009. Whether or not the experimentation is successful is another story, but too many designers put out collections that show little effort, let alone inspiration or originality. Damir has settled into a predictable palette for his menswear, which is a shame considering some of the more interesting things that came out of his early collections.

However, I'm probably not in a position to judge fairly. Was it Alber who said that designers can't be expected to put out progressive collections twice a year? I think he mentioned the demand of resort and pre-collections as well.

I'm pleasantly stunned with RO's popularity too, it must make the department heads at Burberry or D&G incensed to see a brand with no advertising budget become so successful.

Comment

• other_animals
        • Mar 2012

really?

I just can't with the clogs, and really can't with the leg warmers. Everything else is fine, still not a fan of the skirts. But i will be needing the dust colored vest. thanks.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

i like what i can see of it so far. street, but with a certain ambiguity intact.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

detail shots added: http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2012/06/rick-owens-ss13/

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dawn
              • Mar 2009

Comment

• couturehomme
                • Oct 2008

Styling is very, very good with some nice palettes and geometric patterns. Follows the pattern of Rick for the past 2 years in all honesty; he's become more and more refined, lost almost all of his "grunge", and much more of a runway artist now. Great stuff for the runway, not much rtw.

Clogs, leg warmer thingy's are 100% fail imo. The skirts from previous seasons were already fail, but the open toed clogs are ridiculous. He's pushing the boundary from an artistic perspective and I can certainly appreciate it...

Haven't bought rick in about a year and don't see that changing with SS13.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Personally, I'm looking forward to the clogs going 70% off. I need new slippers.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2011

that collared leather jacket doesnt really look like something he would do but still beautiful...

dig the transparent fabric bomber too

not a fan of the socks or clogs though

Comment

• droussin
                      • Oct 2011

i wasnt into the clogs at all really but the bombers with the long skirt and the bombers with the shorter skirts were excellent looks. i think i would have to actually try the leg warmers to understand how i feel about them but on the runway i liked them overall a good collection not really anything unexpected from rick though
                      what is black?
                      an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
                      -Martin Margiela

Comment

• crtk001
                        • Nov 2010

really far from my favourite Rick collection. the only things I really like are the long parkas and bombers and the skirted shorts. can't say i like the clogs at all, or the leg warmers, the geometric patters, even the leathers seem stifling. at least those shorts are fucking perfect.

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

I'm having a really hard time overlooking the leg warmers and clogs. Apart from that, I really like some of the tailored jackets.

This long one in particular.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Czx
                            • Feb 2011

I actually think that leg warmers are a nice touch there. But clogs need to go, they're awful.
                            In general I really like this collection a lot. He is trying out some new stuff and it actually works. I'm not really one for prints but I do like some of those. The tank top with the slim print is great imo. Also I echo the sentiment of someone here - that collared leather is god damn beautiful, seriously. And tailored jackets look great, and I can't say a bad word about the bombers, especially the long one.
                            néant
                            Last.FM paranoia
                            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                            0 > ∞

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Are you bitches gonna thank Lowrey for his hard work or what?
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2006

[^^^ thanks for the pretty pics]

this coat is sick as fuqqqqqqqqqqqqqq. now that i've gotten a better look this is mostly all really beautiful. it's much softer, and WEARABLE

BUT WHY THIS

WHY THE BIG TOE

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎