Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Owens - SS13 - Mens - Paris

godot will arrive before i do in clogs and leg warmers. lets get physical!

one stroke later and you will be beating down the flagship's doors to buy open toed thigh highs.

Love this long bomber thing. Rest is bland, but wearable, so not bad I guess. Also love the bracelets.

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Love this long bomber thing. Rest is bland, but wearable, so not bad I guess. Also love the bracelets.

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/9vi9zd.jpg[IMG]
    someone is going to point out that "only on SZ is a menswear collection with skirts and open toed heels considered wearable" and i would like to tell them to shut up, pre-emptively.

the last time rick sent a lot of maxi dresses down the runway he was also pairing them with cropped jackets, and cropped jackets are cool, but the long ones work a lot better. shit's priestly, like the pope. he should save the cropped jackets for the next time he slings the waistbands up at the nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by miserableman View Post
    clogs, skirts and leg warmers. Exactly the 3 things i was hoping for
    No, just no.

Banned

not that i have an issue with toes or anything, but those clogs just look particularly fucking stupid

i mean, they're creeper-esque, studded, open in the back, and physically/aesthetically suffocating in the front. and this is coming from someone who likes some ugly ass, orthopedic retard shoes

but i like a lot of the other stuff actually. the legwarmers make sense

Damn. That's a beautiful jacket, so badass it almost reminds me of older Dior. Also I want this.

I love how Rick keeps pushing the boundaries of menswear. He has almost completely lost me as a customer, but I appreciate his innovative styling.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Alot of really aggressive shapes on the upper, totally and utterly thrown off by the overly soft lowers starting from the shin. You may say its eclectic, but it just looks clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Patroklus View Post
    someone is going to point out that "only on SZ is a menswear collection with skirts and open toed heels considered wearable" and i would like to tell them to shut up, pre-emptively.

the last time rick sent a lot of maxi dresses down the runway he was also pairing them with cropped jackets, and cropped jackets are cool, but the long ones work a lot better. shit's priestly, like the pope. he should save the cropped jackets for the next time he slings the waistbands up at the nipples.
    Ha...this didn't even occur to me. I guess I find skirts perfectly wearable and a mite bit dull at this point, but still nice to see them in diff textures/fabrics.

Also, I can't wait to get legwarmers.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Even though I don't particularly like this collection, I appreciate him trying something new and pushing the boundaries of his clientele - and not completely failing while at it. I like the square pattern tops, but besides that nothing else really excited me. Will definitely be interesting to see some legwarmer waywts.

But it looks like I'll be sticking to DrkShdw again.

^^I think what makes Rick so unique is the diversity of his *obsessed* fans and how he continues to reel everyone in.

Just look at the comments everyone posts. Some people want leg-warmers, others crave DrkShadow, etc.

I love his dresses, blazers, jackets and he does still reinvent the man dress frequently enough to indeed keep it from getting boring.

It all seems incredibly wearable indeed, except those shoes. Oddly, I have a foot phobia, but we'll wait and see if anyone with a foot fetish loves those. There's gotta be someone. If we get someone to chime in positively on the shoes then Rick has a fan base for nearly every single garment send down that runway, which is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by michael_kard View Post
    I love how Rick keeps pushing the boundaries of menswear. He has almost completely lost me as a customer, but I appreciate his innovative styling.
    I agree, and I love that Rick continues to challenge himself on design and styling. Given the surge of popular interest in his clothes, he could easily coast on a raft of designs from 2008-2009. Whether or not the experimentation is successful is another story, but too many designers put out collections that show little effort, let alone inspiration or originality. Damir has settled into a predictable palette for his menswear, which is a shame considering some of the more interesting things that came out of his early collections.

However, I'm probably not in a position to judge fairly. Was it Alber who said that designers can't be expected to put out progressive collections twice a year? I think he mentioned the demand of resort and pre-collections as well.

I'm pleasantly stunned with RO's popularity too, it must make the department heads at Burberry or D&G incensed to see a brand with no advertising budget become so successful.

Default really?

I just can't with the clogs, and really can't with the leg warmers. Everything else is fine, still not a fan of the skirts. But i will be needing the dust colored vest. thanks.

i like what i can see of it so far. street, but with a certain ambiguity intact.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Styling is very, very good with some nice palettes and geometric patterns. Follows the pattern of Rick for the past 2 years in all honesty; he's become more and more refined, lost almost all of his "grunge", and much more of a runway artist now. Great stuff for the runway, not much rtw.

Clogs, leg warmer thingy's are 100% fail imo. The skirts from previous seasons were already fail, but the open toed clogs are ridiculous. He's pushing the boundary from an artistic perspective and I can certainly appreciate it...

Haven't bought rick in about a year and don't see that changing with SS13.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the clogs going 70% off. I need new slippers.

Banned

that collared leather jacket doesnt really look like something he would do but still beautiful...

dig the transparent fabric bomber too

not a fan of the socks or clogs though

i wasnt into the clogs at all really but the bombers with the long skirt and the bombers with the shorter skirts were excellent looks. i think i would have to actually try the leg warmers to understand how i feel about them but on the runway i liked them overall a good collection not really anything unexpected from rick though
    what is black?
    an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
    -Martin Margiela